3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Help I've been living in denial (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/119326-help-ive-been-living-denial.html)

Kiwi24 07-31-2007 10:21 AM

Help I've been living in denial

This thread is for all you ladies who saw your reflection one day and thought
"IS THAT ME?" :yikes:Are you ready to recognize yourself again?:dust:
Well, its a new month so lets start fresh.:cheer2:

We welcome all new people :welcome2:and your ideas along with our old friends :grouphug:who have been with us on our previous thread.

We are here to encourage,:club: (just kidding) encourage, :hug:
laugh,:lol: motivate :high: and most of all begin to "recognize ourselves again!":belly:

Well tomorrow is a new month.:carrot: So I'm going to start my diet AGAIN on August 1.:^:
I will change my ticker to reflect my weight loss:o and I wrote my measurements down,:dz: have my food for the week:hungry: and even stepped on the scales to see what I weighed!! :stress:
Its time to get serious again.:sumo: I've been up and down to long. :dizzy:

I hope I can find a few people ready to get started again.:cp: I think there is some of you still wanting to get this weight off. :yes:We can do it if we get focused,:mag: quit living in denial or worse yet GIVE UP!!:mcd: So for those of you who haven't met your goal weight and would like to start again. LET'S DO IT!:cheer:

I'm Kiwi, and my goal is to be in a size 10 by my birthday Oct 24, 2007. I only have 3 months to achieve that so I have got to quit making excuses!!:blah:

I could use some help if you would like to join me!:carrot:

Iwanawurkit 08-01-2007 09:31 AM

School is starting to wrap up.....2 more nights!!!!!! My foot is on the mend and I am ready to start again. I have an ortho appointment tomorrow to find out how much longer I have to wear this stupid boot. My sister fell last week and broke her left ankle....they put her in a boot just like mine except she has a 'curb finder' on the toe portion. Not sure what that is for......

Kiwi.....I am so ready to start again.....I watch what I eat but the weight just isn't coming off. I think it loves me too much! :)

Kiwi24 08-01-2007 11:13 AM

August 1st!!!!!!:cp: I am so ready Kim to get this weight off!:lifter: I think I'm going to get back on WW. :goodvibes That worked for me until I went off. Plus its alot more flexible for me. Anyway, I actually got my husband to diet with me. :lucky:This way we can lose weight and be accountable. He tends to make me cheat because he loves to eat out and tempt me with ice cream.:hun: So, I told him every 5 pounds I lose he wins.....:o ha ha ha But the down side to that is if I'm not winning neither is he!!:rofl:

Anyway, Kim I plan on weighing every day. :goodscale I'll probably change my ticker as I lose. That's just me, it motivates me. :cheer2: I hate surprises and need to know daily how I'm doing. Some people can't do that but I can.

Well, its you and me girl so lets make this thing work!!:high:

WamTam 08-01-2007 07:06 PM

Hi Kim & Kiwi,
Well it's nice to see you ladies here. I have really missed the daily chats but I haven't crashed yet.

But i do have a problem with scales:goodscale:goodscale!!! Two digital scales Two manufactuers Two differant weights!!!!!!! :frypan: So what do I do:rolleyes: If I go with the one I have lost 10pds which isn't remarkable but hey it's 10pds and the other says 16pds. Of course I like that one better:rofl:
Should I maybe split the differance? Hmm I wonder

Anyhow Kiwi you can do it you have 3months that is a loooooong time! Will sure to give you that :kickbutt: when you need it. We will all make it to our goals one day. Right now mine is 215 by Christmas. Not a huge goal but it's 1pound at a time.

Kim glad to hear the schooling is almost done. The boot must be driving you crazy:crazy:

Anyways ladies must be back to work will drop a note tommorow. Take Care.... keep those goals in sight Tammy:hug:

Kiwi24 08-02-2007 12:01 AM

Hi Tammy, I'm glad you are still with us. :carrot: I think you should go with one scale and put the other in a closet! It doesn't matter which one but hey this post is about women 'LIVING IN DENIAL"! :rofl: I would try to figure out which one was your actual or closes weight and keep that.:goodscale It may not be what you want but it will be the truth. :lol:

:yoga:You can't be who you want to be until you stand in the truth of who you really are!! :yoga:

Hey Kim I meant to say something earlier but I just can't believe your sister has hurt herself also!! OMGosh!! What do you people do in your part of the woods?!:lol: Both of you take care!

Kiwi

Kiwi24 08-02-2007 12:09 PM

Check my ticker out!!!:dancer:

That's right BAAABBBEEEE!!! I lost 3 pounds!!!:high:

WamTam 08-02-2007 05:07 PM

Hi
Well Kiwi you are right i know that!!:( Going to the doctor next week maybe i will check against that one. But 234 really looks good:D
It is really hot here today the sun fries my poor little brain and then i end up with a killer headache:dizzy:
Kim hope you and your sister recover quickly! Take care of yourself
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSE KIWI:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Gotta Run
Take Care will try and get on here later or tommorow. Tammy

Kiwi24 08-03-2007 10:41 AM

Good Morning,:angel:

Weighed in and still at 184. I need to start some type of exercise.:lifter: I don't get enough.:no: I hate walking, running.:kickcan: I like to bike ride but not every day maybe once a week so that's not good.:dunno: I like dancing but the CD I've found don't keep my attention long enough so I'll stay committed. :halfempty

How is everyone else doing these last 3 days? :goodluck:

Kiwi

Iwanawurkit 08-04-2007 03:27 PM

Well....the last few days have been......unreal. I found out on Thursday that I have to wear the boot for at least 6 more weeks. Not very happy because it limits several any type of exercise. No weight on the broken heel for 6 more weeks. Almost finished with school......turned in my final project this past Thursday so this coming Thursday is just a final and then I am done....done.....done. It will seem weird not having to go to school on Thursday nights from 6 to 10 like the past two years. Now it is time to concentrate on ME and getting this weight off.
Kiwi....great job on the weight loss!!!!!! WamTam great your back on schedule! I agree, go with the scales closest to the Docs.

suz 08-06-2007 07:27 AM

Hi Ladies
I know it has been a while but with retiring and a couple of parties and off to Michigan last week so my husband could be a part of the wedding for the oldest daughter It was really nice a beach wedding at sun set at Lake superior where the two hearted river flows into the lake

I did weigh in this morning at 160 that not to bad considering the excesses of the last couple of weeks I am ready to start again My original goal was to be at 135 by the time I retired Well that did not happen so I will reset my goal to be at my goal weight by christmas I know that is very generous amount of time but sometimes those last few lbs are hard to get rid of

Well I better go the garden is loaded with veggies I have zucchini and beans coming out the ying yang

Take care and let all start again and win this battle suz :carrot:

Kiwi24 08-06-2007 12:33 PM

Hi everyone:wave:

Kim, I hate to hear you have to wear that boot but I guess you hate
it more! :sorry:

Suz, you are really enjoying retired living, aren't you!!;) That's great about your daughter's marriage. I've seen a beach wedding and they are beautiful. Were they barefoot in the sand? Awesome about your weight!!:carrot:

I'm still at 184. :smug:It really sickens me to think I was 170 and gained 14 back but hey at least I'm back on track.:^: Hopefully, I won't get off course again.

I need a challenge.:chin: What can we do as a group that will be challenging to each other with a bit of friendly competition to get us going?:woohoo:

Iwanawurkit 08-07-2007 12:15 PM

Okay....my weight isn't going anywhere but up. I guess I need to follow the ww plan. I have all the stuff but I just need to sit down and figure it all out. 2 more days before my last night of class.....that excites me and there will be no excuse not to concentrate on me, myself and I. Praise report.....my oldest son was afraid they were going to put him in jail for probation violation.....they just increased the amount of time spent in the probation office and they are really leaning heavy on AA meetings. YAY!!!! It is amazing when you leave it in GOD's hands. Got to get back to work!!!!!

Kiwi24 08-07-2007 11:42 PM

Hey Kim,
What is your son on probation for?

I like WW also. Although I am having trouble staying within my points. Thank goodness for the 35 extra!

Hope everyone had a great day. I took the kids to the Dollar movie around here and saw Shrek 3. That movie was so funny and the kids loved it. Then we went the Pizza pub because on Tuesday its family night and they play all kinds of games with the kids and and the kids when free stuff. Needless to say I ate 1 to many pizza slices! ha ha ha

Iwanawurkit 08-08-2007 11:28 AM

Kiwi....he is on probation for public intoxication. He learned not to drive about 7 years ago. Just another bump in the road. I have wore my knees out on this boy but I will continue.

I am thinking about the core plan....any experience on that?

suz 08-09-2007 06:39 AM

Ladies

Kiwi so you think we should have a challenge I think we should too My mind right now is blank but I am sure if we all chat about it we will come up with a good idea I will think about that today and see what I can come up with

The bride and groom were barefoot and I stood up for my daughter and I was also barefoot If there were others barefoot I did not notice

Take care suz :carrot:

Kiwi24 08-09-2007 09:04 AM

i haven't down the core plan with WW. I just stay on the Flex. But alot of people I know are on it and love it. You lose the same about of weight either way from what I can tell its just which ever suits you better.

Suz I'll try to think of something too. I really think it would help.

Kiwi24 08-10-2007 12:07 AM

I did it!! I actually applied for a job!! I made a resume and sent it on line to a big company around here. Last time I applied for a job was in 1979 and I stayed there until 1992. Then moved to Florida. Where I've been a house Goddess ever since. I miust admet when I started writting a resume and putting down everything I've done over the years (even if it was volunteer work) I was pretty impressed with myself!! ha ha

Iwanawurkit 08-10-2007 09:35 AM

Kiwi.....congrats! I bet it is a little scary jumping back in but you can do it!!! Hey, where would we be without volunteers????

Okay....school is complete for me. My last class in the Masters program was last night and I ended with a GPA of 3.9...pretty good. Ouch, I just twisted my elbow patting myself on the back.

Time to get re-motivated and get this weight off.

suz 08-11-2007 06:20 AM

Ladies
Kiwi good luck on the job hunt What type of job did you apply for?

Kim congrats on getting your Masters degree that awesome

I am still thing about a challeng. I start going back to exercise classes on Monday For the rest of this month the classes are at one of the instructors homes then back to in doors after the begining of Sept where has the summer gone and where has everyone else gone

Lets Keep moving and losing suz:carrot:

suz 08-14-2007 07:32 AM

Good morning ladies
I can not believe I was the last one to post and I think that was on Saturday what has happened to everyone what has happened to our Monday weekly weigh in and updates on how we all are doing!!!!!! What has happened to our strength and friendly banter that we all need and give out
Shame on all of us me included I guess that maybe everyone else has just given up well i intend to continue with my journey and new life style and maybe some of you will too

suz
PS did weigh in on monday and I am still at 160

Kiwi24 08-14-2007 08:52 AM

Ooops!! Sorry for not writing in ladies, Actually, I thought I had because I read the post yesterday but I must have x'd out without sending.

Kim I guess I wasn't paying attention when you were talking about going to school that you were earning your Masters and a 3.9 at that!! Truly awesome!! What is it in?

Suz have you thought of a challenge yet? Lets do something with exercise 'cause I am not doing any.

My weight went back up to 187 this week. Drives me nuts but it shouldn't I'm not exercising and I really need to.

hey check this out. I found this.

Seven Unhealthy Habits That Prevent Us From Losing Weight

By Frances Largeman, R.D.

1. Skipping Breakfast

We all know the deal: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Still, many of us skip it thinking that it will help us shed pounds. In fact, this bad habit actually packs on the pudge. A recent study found that those who ate ready-to-eat breakfast cereal, hot cereal or even quick breads (like muffins and banana bread) had significantly lower BMIs (body mass indices) than those who skipped breakfast.

2. Eating at Your Desk
Everyone is time-crunched, so it makes sense these days to eat when and where we can — in the car, at our desks and in front of the TV. Unfortunately, when we tune into work or to our favorite show, we generally tune out healthy eating habits and don't pay attention to internal cues that tell us we're full. Make time for meals as often as you can. When you designate only the dining room, kitchen and restaurants as places to eat, you're less likely to be distracted and overeat.

3. Cleaning Your Plate
Calories add up. So, even that light pasta dish or bean burrito can add girth if you're taking in more calories than you're burning off. Beverages and snack foods are common culprits for including multiple servings in what looks to be a single-serving size container. Without thinking, you can down 180 to 240 calories in beverages that are otherwise healthy. Check the label and stick to the portion size, even if it means putting the rest in the fridge or taking home a doggie bag.

4. Forgetting Fitness
Many dieters think that just cutting back on calories will lead to lifelong weight loss. This works initially, but only for a while and often leads to yo-yo dieting. Studies show that most people who successfully lose weight and keep it off long-term do so by both cutting calories and adding regular exercise to their lives. Couch potatoes take heart: just 2,000 steps a day will go a long way toward keeping off unwanted pounds. Get a pedometer and get going!

5. Late-night Monster
This is by far one of the most common ways people sabotage their weight loss goals. They've been good all day and had a reasonable dinner. Then they plant themselves in front of the TV, where the munchie monster calls and they head for the chips or ice cream. Other folks are plagued by late-night eating due to long hours at the office. If this is your case, make sure to keep healthy snacks on hand so that you can make a smart choice about what to eat when you finally get home.

6. Fat Phobia
If you eschew fat of any kind and live in the land of fat-free food, you're not getting the bargain you hoped for. In addition to making food taste wonderful, fat also helps us feel satisfied. Cut it out of your diet and you'll feel the need to stock up on fat-free, but calorie-full foods, like cookies and pretzels. You're better off keeping your fat intake to about 30% of your total calories and enjoying small portions of your favorite foods once in a while.

7. The Bar Scene
Alcohol, no matter what form it comes in — beer, wine or spirits — packs on the calories mercilessly. Not only does alcohol contribute seven calories per gram, it also has the effect of making you eat more during a meal. You don't need to be a teetotaler; just try to stick to one drink (for women) or two drinks (for men) per day. If you're at a bar or a party, space each drink you have with a glass of water and avoid super-sugary and calorie-packed tropical and frozen drinks. Also, don't head out for a night on the town without eating something first. Otherwise, you'll fill up on nutrient-free alcohol and really hate yourself in the morning.

Iwanawurkit 08-14-2007 10:19 AM

Suz.....okay, what is the challenge going to be?
Kiwi.....my masters is in Business Administration with a specialization in accounting. Sounds exciting???
Did very good on my food yesterday....even I am impressed. I probably didn't eat enough though. I made the WW vegetable soup that my kids loved but I didn't get around to eating it yet. I had the Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast. Tuna salad made with mustard and light mayo in a whole wheat tortilla wrap and a salad for lunch. Had chicken/ricotta cheese raviolis with heatlhy tomatoe sauce for dinner. Looking at this.....I needed more fruit and vegetables.....I will work on this today.

Kiwi24 08-14-2007 10:43 PM

Good Evening

did well all day until evening when I had pizza. (family night) Wasn't even that good of pizza and I ate it anyway. I'm so bad.

How is everyone else doing?

Kiwi24 08-14-2007 11:05 PM

I feel the pounds dropping off......

Can't eat Beef, :moo: Mad cow........ Can't eat chicken, :chicken: bird flu.... ..Can't eat eggs,:easter: Salmonella......... Can't eat pork, :ink: fears of trichinosis......Can't eat fish, heavy metals in the waters has poisoned their meat :barf:...........Can't eat fruits:cb: and veggies,:broc: insecticides and herbicides..........Hmmmmmmmmm?????????!!! :chin:

I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!!!!!! :m::chockiss::encore:

Remember - - -
"STRESSED"
spelled backwards! is
" DESSERTS " :cookie::woohoo::cookie:

Iwanawurkit 08-15-2007 12:22 PM

Yesterday was a very good food day for me. I had a soy protein cherry smoothie for breakfast. Orange for mid morning snack. Tuna wrap and salad for lunch. Vegetable soup for afternoon snack. Grilled fish, green beans and brown rice for dinner.

suz 08-16-2007 07:35 AM

Ladies
So you want a challenge?

1 post weight on Monday morning Also take your measurements bust waist hips arms (bicep area) and thighs about mid way on thighs These numbers are for your eyes only because sometimes you may not lose weight but you may lose inches

2 keep a food journal of what you eat and how much

3 Try to exercise 3 times per week for 1 hour Try to do a variety of exercises and also try to do some weights You get an after effect from doing weights and exercise you continue to burn more after you are done

4 try to drink at least 64 ounces of water each day I read some where that you are suppose to drink 1 oouce of liquid (water fruit juice sport drinks etc ) for each pound you weigh In my case I weigh 160 so 160 oz per day If you drink coffee for each cup you drink add another 8 oz of water

since we are mid month we can do this until the end of Sept For numbers 1, 3 and 4 post your results here the food journal is so you can see what and much or little you are eating

since there just seems to be Kiwi Kim and myself posting we can start today and see how much we can lose in the next 6 weeks and 4 days For any of you other ladies you might be reading but not posting come join us We miss hearing from everyone

so lets get moving and losing Suz :carrot:

Iwanawurkit 08-16-2007 11:31 AM

Suz.....very good ideas for the challenge. I know I wasn't aware I wasn't eating enough until I wrote it down....I thought, oh my gosh...not enough vegetables. :)

suz 08-18-2007 06:05 AM

Morning
Glad that helps you Kim I was looking at my food intake I too need to eat more fruit The experts say you shoukd eat 5 to 10 servings of fruit and veggies thats the 2 combined I have tried and its not easy to do

Got to go and put last mights dinner in journal

Lets get moving and losing suz :carrot:

suz 08-21-2007 06:34 AM

Ladies
Just a quick note I have been filling my food jourrnal I went to exercise classes yesterday I am not quite drinking enough water i have to work on that one and my DH and I went out for 2 meals on the weekend and when I weighed in Monday morning I was up 2 lbs those buffets are killers It just means I will have to work harder

suz :carrot:

Iwanawurkit 08-21-2007 10:42 AM

Suz.....I am with you on the water and I haven't been able to exercise because of the broken right foot. I fell last Friday and broke my right big toe and twisted my left ankle. AUGH!!!!!! I feel like all odds are against me but that just makes me more determined. I haven't got on the scales yet since I am not supposed to put weight on my right foot.....not sure if the reading will be accurate. Any idea? I have a yearly check up on Friday so I will know for sure by then ..... my doctor takes no excuses.

suz 08-22-2007 09:03 PM

Kim
Oh my gosh what are you doing to yourself When you are at the doctor you can ask him about what you can do until you are healed up i don't think you will be going dancing for a while Take care of yourself and when you get better then you can start working on the exercise

Suz :carrot:

missindy 08-24-2007 09:11 PM

Never fear...Jen is here!

So, it's been a LONG time since I've been online. The end of last semester kicked my butt, and it all came together at the very end with my being kicked off the school newspaper (I was leaving anyway because the leadership/editorness was a joke and hypocrisy runs high in a religious school). Then I didn't have internet ALL summer! But, I'm back now and pretty much as bad as ever. However, I graduate college in about 9months, and I am determined to lose as much as I can. Over the summer, I joined a gym and even got into it before getting sick. Well, no more. I'm going back there, and I'm going to make it a point to work out everyday. I've been living in denial these past few months, and it has got to stop.

But anyway, how are y'all doing? :)

suz 08-27-2007 03:34 PM

Well Jen welcome back This thread has been very slow this summer Its like everyone left maybe after Labour day some will come I don't know if you got to read any past posts or not we have challenge on right now It runs until the end of Sept its pretty basic

1 Must exercise at least 3times per week
2 Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
3 keep a private food journal to see if you are eating enough and the right stuff
4 go back to posting Monday weigh ins

I think that was everything I weighed myself this morning and I am at 158

Take care and maybe some of the others will return soon suz

Iwanawurkit 08-27-2007 10:54 PM

Suz.....I did everything but the exercise. I weighed on Friday at the doctor's office and I was 244. AUGH!!!!! I can bearly take the inactivity. Feet are feeling much better but I still have another 3.5 weeks to wear the walking boot on the right foot. Big toe is still hurting but there isn't anything they can do for a broken toe. LOL!!!! I am such a clutz.

WamTam 08-28-2007 01:53 PM

HI ladies
I have been terrible with writing here with everything going on there just dosen't seem the time but have stayed mostly true to myself.
I am starting Suz's challenge tommorow I know I won't get as much time as you dedicated ladies but that is all good. I am sitting at 239 my goal by the end of september is 230.
I have a new black lab cross puppy 11 weeks old last friday so our daily walks should help with the exercising. She keeps me running lots so will see.
Well summer is turning to fall quickly for us here in the north temp was 0 this morning.... time to pick the peas. Leaves are changing color that bad word sn.. could be anytime. Not that it will stay yet.
Last camping trip of the season coming up this long weekend, and bf's son is back from his mom's so things will start to settle down hopefully!!!
Take Care Ladies will try and get on here more often really do miss you all!! :(
Tammy

Iwanawurkit 08-28-2007 04:07 PM

Saying it isn't so......zero degrees? Snow? Tammy....jump on it. I don't think any of us has been really good.....well, maybe Suz has been. Glad to see your back!!!

suz 08-29-2007 06:30 AM

Morning Ladies
Tammy nice to hear from you We only started the challenge a week ago so come on and join us
I start back to regular exercise next monday so that will be 3 times a week the one instrutor does classes from here place 2 times /week over the summer but I only made a few near the end and she took this week off to work on some new stuff for our classes

I better go its going to be a busy day cut grass do up some more bread and butter pickles and pick more stuff from the garden

Kim when Tammy said 0 degrees that is Celsius that would be 32 farnenheit (don't think I spelled that right)

suz :carrot:

Iwanawurkit 08-29-2007 10:02 AM

Suz and Tammy.....32 is still cold....brrrrr

Iwanawurkit 08-29-2007 10:04 AM

Suz and Tammy.....32 is still cold....brrrrr it was 98 degrees here yesterday with a heat index of 102 degrees farenheit.
I weighed this morning and I weighed 238.5......ya!!!!!!!!! Food has been great, water has been great but I am still limited on my exercise. I did go shopping with my daughter and she had me walking all over the place....I guess that counts. I finally told her to take me home because even though the walking boot isn't that heavy....it still wore my butt out. LOL!!!!

WamTam 08-31-2007 07:31 PM

Hi ladies Just a quick note
Sorry forgot that most folks on here don't relate to the 0 celsius that I wrote about!! Thanks for helping me out there Suz.
I am heading camping tommorow the last one for this year, Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy the warm weather where ever that might be!!!
Congrats Kim on the weight loss one day at a time, I haven't weighed in again yet will do it on monday.
Suz & Kim thanks for the words of encouragement...... Take Care
Tammy