Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #31  
Losing it!

Prayers sent to Suzy & Sher!!! Sher, your weight loss is going great!

Lisa, hurry back and chat again when you can. Good luck on the diet!

Shelley, I never read the rules either. Guess that is why I'm usually in trouble!! Ha!! Ha!!!

Cheryl, I hope your feeling well and the tired feeling is letting up. Give little "bugger" a pat from Auntie Gayle.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #32  

Auntie Gayle--Pat given! So far I'm still just nauseaus a lot. I've thrown up twice--apparently the baby doesn't like Chinese food or Tropical Fruit Smoothies from Sonic

Thinking of Suzy and Sherry!

Lisa, have fun on your trip--sounds like you may be able to get some relaxing done away from the computer?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #33  
Losing it!

Cheryl, just a word of advice....no matter how good a pineapple malt and order of pickle-o's sound from Sonic...DON'T DO IT!!!! Blllaaaaaaauuukkk!!! That was one of my worse prego puke times. Once I did barf hard enough I broke blood vessels in my eye. Want me to continue sharing stories???? LOL!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #34  
Losing it!

Today I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.

My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high,
I'd gained some weight, and I didn't feel so hot.

My doctor said eating right doesn't have to be complicated
And it would solve my physical problems.

He said just think in colors;
Fill your plate with bright colors; greens, yellows, reds, etc.

I went right home and ate an entire bowl of M&M's
And sure enough, I felt better immediately.

I never knew eating right could be so easy
Old 07-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #35  

Gayle-Too funny
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gayle~you make me laugh!!

Did anyone catch the new joke in the Lighten up section? That made me laugh, too.

Cheryl~I'm not sure if I congratulated you or not, so CONGRATS! I hope the nausea doesn't last long. One thing I remembered about pregnancy and cravings.....I would get a craving for something and it would stay until I ate it and then the craving would be gone and wouldn't come back at all. The one I really remember was a craving for pork chops. Weird. The only other thing was smells. My sense of smell went wacko and some of the most normal smells would make me so sick! It sure turned me off of a lot of different foods.

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL lately. I check in almost daily, but haven't posted here. I feel bad.

I've been eating on plan and have even started exercising again. But my weight is up and continues to go up. I don't understand it. In evaluating my diet, I think I'm relying too much on fruits and not enough on vegetables so next week I'm cutting fruit to a minimum. Let's hope that helps.

Everyone take care.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #37  

Quote:
The only other thing was smells. My sense of smell went wacko and some of the most normal smells would make me so sick! It sure turned me off of a lot of different foods.
Cantaloupe and caramel.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Can you believe toast did it for me? That and garlic.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #39  

Angry Guess what I'm naming my baby.....

My mother in law told me she didn't care what I named my child as long as it's not Olivia.

I started to tell her she could name HER next child whatever she likes.

Then she told me she likes my husband's idea of naming a boy Deward Claud. Please. She said (and I quote--I swear it's the same thing my DH says): "Well, no one names their kids Deward."

There's a reason for that.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #40  

Question And from both sides, too!!!

I swear y'all are going to be so tired of hearing about me and the baby before March!!

So, I'm talking to my Mom yesterday about going to Branson. We already have a trip scheduled for October, but we're going to do a shorter trip in either November or December because we want to see the Manheim Steamroller Christmas Extravaganza.

Anyway. I asked her when she wanted me to schedule the trip and she said....are you ready for this.....

"We need to schedule it as early as possible because you may not be able to fit behind the steering wheel if we wait too long."

HELLO!! I drive a Dodge Durango--not exactly a tight fitting vehicle!

I'm suddenly envisioning myself having to be driven to work by Stewart each morning in the bed of his hydraulic lift truck and just getting dumped out in the parking lot. Of course, my co-workers would have to help me waddle into the building (making sure the door is well greased).

I'm picturing myself as Mrs. Potato Head---nothing but a big round body with feet.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #41  
Losing it!

Cheryl, you made me giggle! Good thing they make steering wheels now a days that can be shifted to different positions. Tell Stewart once he experiences childbirth first hand then he can name his first very "Deward"!!! I hate to say it, but it sounds like a nerd name. I do like Olivia though.....
Steve loves planes, so he wanted to name Allison, Cessna. Thank goodness I won on that one!
Cooking meat smalls grossed me out along with the smell of gasoline. I had a good excuse to not be the one to fuel the car. :-)

Glad to see you posting Allison. I'm curious to see if cutting out fruit will help you. I didn't realize until recently how much sugar is really in certain pieces of fruit.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #42  

Cheryl-You will fit behind that wheel. I like Olivia, too!! In the Jewish religion, we name all our kids after a deceased relative. I actually just used the first letter of mine....

Allison-I was doing like you, everything right on. It has taken 1 month, but things are starting to fit better and I think my weight is starting to fall. Keep it up and you will start losing.

Gayle-How are the blue haired ladies (hee-hee..) I will be there soon!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #43  
Losing it!

Sweetie, if your like me, you keep an extra bottle of hair dye around at all times. I will go down fighting. No gray for this gal unless for some reason I can't color it. Most of my clients have went natural and their hair is a shiny silver - really pretty. Since we are discussing gray, I'm curuios about everyone here on the board. If I don't color, I am probably 30-35% gray. Anyone else care to share? BTW: I usually go with a light brown, ash or golden depending on the season and my mood at the time.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #44  

Hey ladies I am back. Just for a minute this morning. I am off to the Y. I briefly read the last two pages.

Suzy and Sherry may God's peace come over you and answer your prayers. I will pray for you both.

Have a good day and I hope to catch up with you this weekend.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #45  

Welcome back, Dee!

Gayle- I have no idea how grey I am! I color once per month!

I was down 3lbs this morning!!!! I attribute quite a bit of it to you know where!
Closed Thread