Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey Painty -- hope you have good news and don't have to have more tests. G&T should help.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who deals with various critter problems. We had the bugs in the pantry a couple of times (plus mice) and I finally got to the point where absolutely everything that's not in a can or glass bottle is in a big plastic bin with a lid or removed into a big sealed glass canister. I've had mice eat entire sleeves of crackers before I noticed . Such fun.

k
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #62  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi Cherry How's Trix??
Old 07-30-2007, 11:23 AM   #64  

Quote:
as kiwi was mentioning---if wabby is around
I'm around........I read along for my daily dose of cheer........ I'm just way too incredibly sad to post.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Glad you're around, Wabby!

I have absolutely nothing to say. But Hello

kiwi
Old 07-30-2007, 06:04 PM   #66  

Hello works.

I updated my blog.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #67  
fatter than U

Unhappy

Oh Wabby! Words fail me.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

I know. There is nothing to say that bears any worthwhile message. I'm just so glad Wabbo is hanging out here and letting us know she's around.

I am so tired. I'm not eating right. I'm eating well but there's too much sugar around and it's getting to me.

Does anyone watch these reality shows? The tennis player who is choosing between women 10 years older and 10 years younger? I like that one as the younger women seem so certain they're more adorable but they're definitely sillier. I think it's rigged, though, as he seems to alternate eliminating from each age group. And then there's the pirate show that was canceled mid-stream. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but one of the former pirates, a woman who seemed totally together and achieved much in life, took her own life recently.

LCP is due home tomorrow. I don't know what the deal is with her and ds. They don't seem to talk much anymore. The house is a tip and needs cleaning so she can get in the door, but I'm so tired.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Does anyone watch these reality shows? The tennis player who is choosing between women 10 years older and 10 years younger?
I don't watch that one out of principle. The ads before it started made me mad -- an unsuspecting guy having old ladies foisted on him was what they made it sound like, and the whole "cougars vs kittens" characterization made me want to barf. I did watch one episode of the pirate thing but didn't think it was very good. I miss Amazing Race. I've been watching Bridezillas, just because they are so funny and unbelievable.

DH took some guys skeet shooting today. I had thought I'd go, but then I realized how hot it would be and also remembered that when I went shooting last winter, my OT guy had a fit. For good reason. That would hurt. So I'm home doing very little.

Kiwi
Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

The unsuspecting guy keeps putting hands all over the old ladies while they're in bikinis ... and kissing them ... and giving/taking massages out of camera sight. Maybe he's just being polite though. ??

Don't shoot no skeets. Skeets are not good eating and they're cute.

I just listened to Frank McCord read his book Teacher Man. Nice. I thought it would be a book on how rewarding teaching is but it was an honest memoir of his bad experiences, including criticisms from other professionals and being fired from a teaching job. His wife was expecting a baby and the principal asked if he wanted a boy or girl. He said it didn't matter and the principal added, "As long as it's not an idiot." McCord replied that if it were, he'd teach it to be a principal. Fired.

One thing I got out of the book was that several times he got after a kid who was defiant or maybe not defiant only to learn that one thing he was bothered by was caused by deeply personal and tragic in that kid's life. One boy stared at him unceasingly until the day he had to move out of town. Then he came to McCord and told him he was the son of a woman McCord had known .. and cared about .. years ago.

Blah Blah.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
The unsuspecting guy keeps putting hands all over the old ladies while they're in bikinis ... and kissing them ... and giving/taking massages out of camera sight. Maybe he's just being polite though. ??
I'm sure that's it.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #72  

I stopped reading at milepost 64-- just poppin in to say.. I am here... I think will post more when I can..right now I need 2 aspirin and a cold water... or chase it with an adult beverage. oy
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #73  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hello cowpies--it is very hot here in coldville---strange global warming feature i am sure---since it is always cold it is hard to be upset about this lovely weather but i am sure it's not a good sign------someone call al gore for me--isn't he from your land??? a lady off the ship was complaining about our 14 percent sales tax---i told her it pays for our health care and she said========well i would pay those big taxes if i got free health care---i didn't tell her it wasn't top notch but i needed an excuse for the high tax!!!she was from virginia!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

how do you like my neighbour's pansy patch??!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 AM   #75  

I'm attaching a photo of our new improved pantry. I keep realizing things that went into the trash. It definitely will keep me from snacking and gorging.... (no crackers, no cereal, etc. etc.!)

Thanks for hanging in here with bad-boob Thelma.
I wish I were sure that the left over lumpectomy lump (scar tissue, etc.) felt bigger because the rest of me is smaller. But the scales aren't indicating any great loss that would make a 1 cm "hole" be big, you know?

I've got an appointment next week with a breast surgeon (my prior one moved to Michigan). My oncologist (out of town, wouldn't you know) was checking messages with his nurse, and gave her the message to get me in the queue. I've tracked down xrays, pathology reports, etc. etc. I'm still nervous, and haven't laid it on either DS or DD yet. (Their dad is having prostate surgery on Friday. I'm not sure their step mom wants them around, but I'm hoping they'll do what THEY feel is right. Oh, yeah, "fun times" as DS says.)

So after calling the mammography clinic, the old surgeon, the oncologist, etc. etc. etc. I was worn out emotionally. I skipped my drawing class this evening and DH and I went out for lasagna. Yeah, that'll probably toast my weight loss goal this week. (DD and I exchange weigh-in info on Wednesdays.) and then after the lasagna splurge, DH and I reverted to our favorite comfort... nope, not "that" but Peanut M 'n' M's for him and Choc. chip cookies for me.

Will definitely go to gym tomorrow, and if it is as nice as it was today, will probably also walk a bit to increase the cardio.

Cowie, thanks for the Frank McCourt anecdote about eejits and principals!! Laughed out loud.

Baggz... the pansie patch is gorgeous.... Which parrallel are you at that still has pansies? Pansies pooped out her in about March... and won't show up again for another 3 months, I think. Too hot.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:46 PM.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote