Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #31  
stbakd

i hate this weather too.yesterday hot today frezzing. god must be a woman beause she can't make up her mind. glen
Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All -

Annette - I hope your back feels better; back pain, even temporary back pain, can be so debilitating!

Beautiful day (and night) here in MA. My nephew was supposed to graduate from high school this evening, but the school postponed the ceremony because of the THREAT of a thunderstorm. Of course, it turned out to be absolutely gorgeous! I spent most of today at school (Univ. of Mass.) trying to get myself registered for classes this fall. I'm doing two crazy things - getting my Masters degree in Education, AND finishing a Bach. of Science in Biology. Now, to scare up some money for this harebrained scheme....

I'm sleepy. Bon soir!

Em
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Looks lovely but breezy here. Supposed to be a sun/cloud mix with a high of 18. That's nice enough for me to go to work.
I should check to see what the squirrels have done to my garden.
I think I'll walk to run my errands this morning and maybe go further for exercise. Working evenings and just short cutting sleep a bit each night is wearing on me.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #34  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

It has stopped raining, and although cooler, it is sunny, so I am quite looking forward to getting in day 2 of my 'running'. NO EXCUSES!!

Nothing else of news, so i hope everyone is having a great day so far!

Heather
Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

annette~ I don't like calling it cheating eaither I just say I over indulged or went off plan or went overboard (i use this the most).

The sun came otu yesterday and I went out and fixed my plants then had to shower the kids cause of al the mud lol...at least they had fun. It is overcast here right now but it is supposed to clear off........I hope.

Tomorrow DD1 has a field trip just down the road (about 30-40 mins walk) they will be walking the trails for 3 hours looking at rocks so I may join them.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #36  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Just zipping through to say a quick HELLO right now. Woke up way too early and then had a nap after breakfast and woke up way too late. Now in a rush with many things to do and places to go. Our weather is definitely sunny and warmer today with a high predicted of 25. No doubt Ontario will be sending us the cooler stuff again soon enough.

Have a good moving and shaking day, gang . . . see you later.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #37  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hi again Canucks!
How is everybody. I love coming here and getting the forecast for the country. LOL The prairies are windy and grey today!
I have been on and off my plan for a few months now. All random and willy nilly with my diet and exercise.
Back into the soccer days of summer though. And had salmon last night and a couple of litres of water yesterday so we're not completely at square one again. LOL. Square two.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #38  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, good morning from Toronto

It's grey and cool here too, hope everyone has a great Thursday.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . .

Thanks a bunch, gang, your weather has reached us . . . it's cold and raining . . . guess yesterday was Summer and it's over again now.

Hey everything isn't bad . . . my friend LouLou just dropped over for and told me she won a dozen lobster and is giving me a couple. Dinner tonight will be lobster and asparagus . . . doesn't get much better than that.

Later . . .
Old 06-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #40  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi everybody!

MMMMMMMMM - Meowee, I'm coming to your house for dinner - I LOVE lobster! And just so you know? The weather's a lot better here again, so It is on its way!!

Did my second day of the Couch to 5K programme yesterday, and feeling good - second day felt a little harder than the first, and I really had to stretch afterwards, but it seems to have worked - the scale is smiling and no shin-splints!

Have a super day everyone!

Heather
Old 06-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #41  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Yep . . . looks like we've got a nice day of sunshine and a little warmer temps shaping up here in Atlantic Canada today. Good thing, because I've got stuff to do and places to go. . . first up . . . finally going to get my cracked windshield replaced so my car will be able to pass it's annual safety inspection that has to be done by the end of June.

The lobster dinner was marvellous -- of course, I did have to keep beating the cats away from my plate, and, I did manage to prove, one more time, that too much of a good thing is still top much. Once you get to the "OMG, if I have one more bite, I'll probably explode" stage; it doesn't really matter that everything you ate was low-cal and extremely healthy.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, buddies . . . see you again really soon . . .
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #42  

Hello Canadians! Has anyone in Ontario had laser eye surgery? I think I'm getting tired of glasses.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #43  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Susan, no laser surgery here - my eyes are about the only thing I have that work!

We had some wild weather this afternoon, woooo, glad the storm has passed/
Old 06-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #44  

Morning.
We had a blow through. No rain, just windy for an hour or so ... and it's much cooler now.

My DH thinks I should try contacts. I have an appointment next week.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #45  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Although I'm not in Ontario, Susan, just thought I'd throw in a comment or two regarding laser surgery . . .

I've never had it but I do know a couple of girls who did . . . and loved the results. Both of them were definitely "middle-aged" (such a horrible title) and the only down side either one of them mentioned was the fact that they still needed reading glasses afterwards since the laser surgery only fixed their distance vision. Don't know if you are into bifocals yet, but almost everybody eventually needs them. In most cases, you would encounter the same problem with contacts, I think. Although I also know people who have one contact (one eye) for distance and the other for reading.

Another interesting little thought . . . some corporate insurance policies will not cover laser surgery. So make sure you check that out before you decide.

Let us know how the consultation appointment goes.

Good morning to everybody else Hope you all have great moving and shaking things planned for the weekend . . . see you later, gang . . .
Closed Thread