Old 05-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #31  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SUSAN...What is the name of the green tea herbs and where did you buy them? Congrats on 2 more pounds!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Michelle - Not sure of the name. I think it is just Green Tea. I bought it from Freddies in the health food section, near the Atkin products. Finding something that would boost my metabolism (sp) seemed attractive to me. Kind of my way around exercising - lol
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #33  

I'm going to Freddies today so I'll look into them, thanks! I've still been doing my exercising, but anything to help out a little more, especially with my slow thyroid, will be helpful.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

SUSAN...YAY! 4 pounds is a GREAT loss! WOOHOO! I've heard lots of good things about the green tea...may have to check it out.

MICHELLE...don't feel so bad about the 2 pounds, I gained 2 too! But I know we'll get it off and get back on track.

I am walking to Iraq and Back, lol. I saw this on one of the military sites. In Georgia they are having an event to support the troops called Walk to Iraq & Back. They are trying to get enough volunteers on the post there to come out and get a total of 13,000 miles walked. This lady said she can't get to Georgia to walk but thought it would be a great movitvation for her to get healthy and to pass the days, months while her son is deployed. Just wish I would have seen it sooner...a great motivation for me as well. So I added a ticker. Let's see how long it takes me to walk to Iraq. I added 900 miles to it since I am not in Georgia. I'll have to check out and see what exactly the mileage would be from here to there. I'll be curious to see how long it takes me.

Nothing much going on today. Sticking around the house and getting some things done. And spending some time on the 'puter. The sun is actually shining today! It rained a little this morning. I went around the park (3/4 of a mile) once and it started so finished my walk on the treadmill. Feeling pretty good with the exercise...must keep it up.

HI to everyone else Hope everyone is having a good day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #35  
kitty Momo

Wow, you are walking to Iraq and back Cristina?? That is a lot of miles - amazing. Best to you I need to start walking too. What kind of walking shoes do you wear? My feet always start to hurt, that is why I stopped the last time.
Michelle - Did you see Green Tea products @ Freddies?? I spent like 15.00 dollars on what I bought - it better work for that price!

I walked to Starbucks and bought an ice coffee.....had a gala apple, greapfruit and my greek salad w/ tuna. Tuna is greek, right??? haha. crack myself up behind this computer. Don't worry, I am not really this stupid acting in real life. Drank 66 oz of water and call it a day on that - I don't like drinking in the afternoon. I need to figure out what is for dinner and popcorn sounds good while watching American Idol tonight.

k- back to the grind at work!!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #36  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Size Discrimination. It sucks. That is all I'm saying.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Size Discrimination. It sucks. That is all I'm saying.
SASSY...I've been wondering about you lately. Please share with us so that we can help you out. I sure hope nothing happened at work, because you are a super hard and good worker and deserve the best!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #38  
~Believe~

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
SASSY...I've been wondering about you lately. Please share with us so that we can help you out. I sure hope nothing happened at work, because you are a super hard and good worker and deserve the best!!

Thanks Michelle. Nope nothing to do with work, for once. lol. I had a bad experience when I went for my ultrasound for my gallbladder, abdomen, and my dr. wanted a pelvic ultrasound too. Was not a good experience at all and I've had several before (for the same issue) and never have I been treated this way! The ultrasounds were not done by my dr. I went to a medical clinic to have it done.

I hope you are all well!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Thanks Michelle. Nope nothing to do with work, for once. lol. I had a bad experience when I went for my ultrasound for my gallbladder, abdomen, and my dr. wanted a pelvic ultrasound too. Was not a good experience at all and I've had several before (for the same issue) and never have I been treated this way! The ultrasounds were not done by my dr. I went to a medical clinic to have it done.

I hope you are all well!

SASSY...I'm so sorry. I've had many of these done also and they are already horrible enough, but being discriminated is totally unacceptable! I would definitely make a report immediately.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #40  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sassy

I am just getting into work. Already stressed from Rach who is crying not wanting to go to school. She has gained a lot of weight this year and says she has no friends. I told her she actually has to go to school to have freinds. she has missed so much. Just a drag. You want your kids to be happy.
Gaby is happy. she loves her animals and cars. She is always chattering in the back seat to herself -what a sweetie.
Beck is happy. She is trying out for the dance club next week - for high school next year.
I had Wendy's chili for dinner last night. I had a slimfast with oatmeal this morning. It was good. I put it in Gaby's Miss Kitty bowl and made it seem like I was eating a hearty portion. Have to fool the mind........the trick to losing weight. lol

*sigh.........ok, I guess I am going to get busy......you all have a good day!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #41  
~Believe~

Cool

Thanks Michelle. Yes I plan on reporting it, because like I was discussing with my friend last night, I don't want it to happen to some young girl who is overweight and already self-conscious and totally ruin her life or something. I'm an adult, I can gripe about it and get over it, but a young girl or even an elderly person may not. Also if I don't say anything about it, its almost saying that it was okay and it definitely was not.

A lot of people think its acceptable to treat people who are larger in size like crap and we shouldn't complain about it. It also irritates me when people who are not of a larger size think that its "no big deal". Well if it happened to you, then yes it would be a big deal.

If I were discriminated against my sex, race, or if I had a disability, then I have laws on my side. It just really really irks me how people think its acceptable.

Well it just keeps getting better. I guess the apt. complex decided today to jackhammer all of the sidewalks. Luckily we don't have to work tonight, or I'd be complaining. I wonder how they would like it if I went and jackhammered under their bedroom window at 4 am.

DH took FIL to the dr. FIL has to have another test done. Also FIL's sisters and brother-in-law are coming into town on Friday from Tennessee, FIL wanted DH to take off of work to take them to this international grocery store we have here. DH is like um I can't take off work on that short of notice. I understand that its family and all, but um we can't help that we work weekends and nights. If they um I don't know maybe would have planned this ahead of time, then yeah DH could have gotten off of work. It just irks me how everybody just assumes that we can just take off of work like its nothing. We have to battle for every night we do get off. I mean if it was an emergency or something, then yeah he'd take off, but its not.

Anyways, guess I am just majorly grumpy from oh I dunno getting woke up by a huge jackhammer going right under my bedroom window.

Have a Nice Day.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #42  
~Believe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Gaby View Post
Good Morning -

Sassy

Thanks for the hugs.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

awww, you are welcome Sassy. Praying that you have a better day today. Going to start on my water. I shall return in between bathroom breaks!

Jules...........where ARE you???
Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SASSY...I am a grump as well, a grump with a headache. Your day sounded like the start of mine. It can only get better, right? Well, lets hope so. I am sorry you had to endure the rudeness and insensitivity of others. I don't understand people today. Lots of hugs to you One thing I was going to mention...has any of the doctors recommended a MRI? I have heard that is the new ultrasound now days for detecting gallstones.

SUSAN...lots of hugs to Rachel. Been there done that. I hated going to school too. I hope she gets to feeling better. And you are right, we want to protect our kids and do what we can for them. It hurts us as much as it hurts them.

MICHELLE...glad you are liking your contacts. One day I may try them. Hope your sis if feeling better.

HI KATY, JULES & SusanNYC!

Busy morning and so far haven't gotten a walk in. yes, Susan, walking to Iraq. DD was joking and said it would probably take me 30 years, lol! I am going to try fit one in later, maybe do a a few 10-15 minutes walks. Anything is better than nothing. Just wanted to get on the computer and sit down for a few minutes before getting started on things again. Today is definitely not going to be a good eating day. HAd McDonalds for breakfast/lunch. It was breakfast but I had it for lunch. Stopped by on the way to take DD to the womens center for a recheck. So warming up hotcakes (w/o syrup & butter, ick) when I got home was my brunch. Will have a snack in a hour or two. We, the family are going to Olive Garden for dinner...going to try and not overdo it but it is my favorite place. Anywho...want to go post on another thread and then get off this thing to get something done. Chat with ya's later!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #45  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon.
33 oz's down, working on my second 33 oz's. It isn't too bad. I did have a headache earlier and took some Bayer.
mmm, McDonalds Cristina! I love pancakes. Oatmeal was good though- 150 calories. M went there this morning too and picked up his coffee at Chevron - ick.
I went to Starbucks, I would never buy coffee at a gas station. Oh- take that back. I bought this turbo coffee once - had me zooming all day.
I did my usual greek salad for lunch - kind of addicted to those.

Rach needs a lot of prayers. Going through a difficult time. Very hard to watch her struggle emotionally. We are going back to the beach this weekend for an overnight - maybe she will relax and open up. School was hard for me too. I was overweight and was teased a lot. I just think she is out of the loop when she misses days. *sigh*,,,,,,

k- back to the grind called work!!