Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #61  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

stay tuned for a report on CHicken BonEs from Shatzi!!!----mother went to calais today and mailed them out!!!! perhaps she will not find them to her taste and she will have to mail them to Miss Cowpatty!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

I have a chicken bones report. If you eat half a box of them in one sitting, you will:
*feel sick
*have a burnt tongue

Miss Cowpatty!!! i am a beauty queenie.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #63  

My new meds are making me SLEEPY. But I'm enjoying the sleepiness...and hope I can revive myself while driving. And not fall asleep in client meetings! (Very poor form, you know).
Sorry that my signature is irritating, Cowie... I'll switch when I find a better one. I'm discouraged that it wasn't all straightened out by 55.
EllaBella-- I don't know who's oldest here. I'm thinking we should NOT have a tell-all session, but import a really OLD cow who wants the honor.
It's hard for me to believe in a God who made chocolate and quesadillas and chocolate chip cookies so fattening.
TTFN.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #64  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Ellabella reporting in.

DH really annoyed me this morning. I fumed all the way to work. He says he laid awake most of the night thinking about his upcoming job interview (on Thursday; today is Tuesday!!!!!!) and thought he'd probably "call in" to work today because he's too tired to drive. I swear I have never seen him dig in his heels and act so stubborn before! He loathes his current boss, yes. But it seems to me he would want to give it his best effort until it's over with, you know? Show he's made of "better stuff" than his boss, at any rate. I don't know. Maybe he's just really more depressed about it than I realize. Maybe I'm just scared and need for him to act like he's got it all under control. I don't know. I just know that he had a meeting with the boss yesterday and a project that he's been working on for three months finally "went live" last week. It was extrememly complicated, requiring input from every single department in the hospital, a variety of changes as he went along, and getting it up and running was really a triumph. The boss, whom we have conceded is an incompetent boob, meets with him yesterday, and instead of saying "Attaboy" or anything close to it, says "I really am a little disappointed in how long it took to get that program up and running". So, DH says, "Well, if I had been asked to provide a time estimate for the project I think you might've known how long to expect it would take." So this complete DINGBAT says, "We don't DO time estimates AROUND HERE. If something looks like it's going to take longer than we'd like, we WORK LONGER HOURS until we get it done."
SO, DH gets up this morning, showers, gets his lunch together, gets dressed, and then, at the last minute - as I'm about ready to leave - says "blah, blah, blah....I'm going to call in today."
I swear, this whole thing is stressing me out more every day. Him too, obviously. Hope we can get through it without killing each other, yanno?

Anyway, I, too, am sending good vibes to your son's custody hearing, Wabby. I don't think his being temporarily sick will be a factor at all. Wondering here, too, how Gpa Jim is doing? Better, I hope?

Painter, please feel better, too. The wedding invitations are of no consequence, trust me. A few people will shake their heads and remark on it, or maybe not even remark on it - just feel a little put off, but listen: in the final analysis, I think it's a lot easier on the wedding couple if they DO register somewhere and let you KNOW where so that you can at least get them something they'll want and use. Money is a little impersonal, but seventeen toasters to return when you get back from the honeymoon is no joke, either. (I meant to say something about this before...I'm forgetful these days

As for age identification, I think I'll attempt to download a picture so we can put an end to speculation. Old ain't what it used to be, young-uns....

TTFN,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #65  

I CANT WAIT FER ME BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will report in darlin!

Miss Cowpatty.. you are indeed an auburn hair sock wearin BeeeUty Queen .

Ellabella, sigh, I feel fer ya and DH. It's perfectly normal for him to skip a day-- as long as it doesnt become a habit he cant get canned for it. Plus sounds like he has mad skillz - the only thing is ya never know if you're jumping from the pan to the fire. Sounds like that "project manager" is a hack and has no project nor people mgt skills. Ya gotta have a work breakdown structure and estimated durations and you dont tell the team AFTER a project is done what went wrong - you monitor and correct issues before it gets to a clustermuck! Then you thank the team... and then do lessons learned ! What a marooon. (Project mgt stuff is my "passion")Good luck to him on his interview. Since he's in a hospital environ... is his programming skills for the IDX system?
ok my rant is over...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #66  
loves kleenex box art

I feel for Eluhbella's dh. There's too much crap in the workplace everywhere. He deserves a day off.

And I believe I'm correct when I say Elly is obsessed with age.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #67  

Isn't today someones birfday???A day of CELEBRATION!! Not of MOURNING!!!!!

Happy Birfday to you know who you are
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #68  

Wabby, how did the custody hearing go?

I think our Landlord took off... you may recall that ms landlordess had pulled the wool over my eyes and turned out to be a not nice person.... and was trying everywhich way to ruin Landlord man.... well I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in 3 weeks... he would get the little girl every other week, and he is so dedicated he would never not miss time with her... he hasnt even cashed our March rent check. I went to peek in his back door and it looks lived in - or like someone scatted out real quick. Intrigue and mystery!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh Yes It Is!!!!

DARLING COWPEACHERINA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
I HOPE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOURSELF TODAY.

Here are your virtual birthday presents:

The meaning of cgi --> computer graphics interface, or computer generated image, or common gateway interface -- 3 entirely different meanings, but most people are referring to the 2nd, which is commonly used in animation.

B__QUET
Well, I'm not wearing my glasses and the first thing I thought was Be Quiet. But really, I first thought of bouquet and secondly of banquet, and DH said the exact same thing. Although he also added "Barbeque...ay?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Bursitasaurus
Oh thank you, that's exactly what I feel like these days.
Quote:
I am now Sauraarsesus. I've been sitting on my gluttousmaximus for hours studying statistics.
LOOOK!!! It's like PIG LATIN!!!!! A COW LANGUAGE !!!!!
You're a hoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Maybe he's just really more depressed about it than I realize. Maybe I'm just scared and need for him to act like he's got it all under control. I don't know.
Schatzi is so right about your dh's boss; that's no way to run a project or manage a dept.; what an ***. But there's no changing people like that, if they have the power, you really have to watch your back. I feel for you, ella, I've been there, watching as DH's work attitude goes down the tubes. I think you are probably right about the depression part of it, but hopefully he will get out of there soon. If I were you, I would just encourage him to try to tolerate it for now and not burn any bridges. People like his boss are poison.
Quote:
are you trying to find out how old I am?
I think it's been well established that I'm the elderly one here.
I'm thinking we should NOT have a tell-all session, but import a really OLD cow who wants the honor.
Old ain't what it used to be, young-uns.
And I believe I'm correct when I say Elly is obsessed with age.
HeeHee, I love spectator sports.

Here is what we're going to this weekend. We are taking DH's mother and sister, and staying overnight. Big whoopdedoo weekend out for us woodspeople...

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #70  

No matter what lawyers tell you when you first walk into their office do not believe them. We were told that there is no gender bias when it comes to child custody. Wrong. Here's what he ended up with and you tell me if it was fair --- He has shared custody w/ the mom. This means he has legal rights to share in the decisions regarding health care, schools, etc. That was the only good news. The spousal support -- he owes $500 per month for 12 months for a 14 month marriage. Customary would have been 7 months. The child support --- $550 per month. This is based on his wage, and the fact that he gets no overnight visitation because the judge doesn't think that a father is capable of handling child care overnight. DS was the person who gave her the last bottle of the evening, put her to bed, got up at night w/ her because the wife's important job as a barrista started at 4 am, and he also got baby up and dressed in the morning before he left for work at 6:30 am. He got up with her at night, never mind that he had a physically demanding job, working out in the weather all day. He was the grocery shopper and the dinner preparer. Now he's not capable of taking care of baby even half time. He will get 1 1/2 hour 3 days a week between 4:30pm and 6pm, 3 hours every other Saturday and 2 hours every Sunday. The problem is, DS wanted the every day time, the putting her to bed at night in her own little room, the sleepy Saturday morning time. He's been reduced to Daddy as babysitter. --------- The financial part - She gets 1/2 the equity in the house he bought, (with no $$'s from her), approximately $20,000. He is ordered to pay $3500 of her $5000 attorney fees. And even after all this, he didn't fret about how he'll manage financially, he told me "Mom, I get to have my baby on Saturday". It just broke my heart. What really upsets me the most is that he didn't want to break up. He begged her to try counseling. He begged her to talk to a pastor. And she and her family were in the courtroom laughing and talking like they had it all sewn up before it started and we just never saw it coming.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #71  

OK. That was my rant. I'm going to focus on the fact that I'm going to see Kayden for the first time in 6 weeks on Saturday!!!!!!

and also -------------

Happy Birthday to Peachezzzzz!!!!!!!
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #72  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday, Cowpie!!!!!

Oh, Wabby. That's just terrible. I am so, so sorry about the way it turned out. I absolutely abhor the court system. I don't think there's any standard processes at all - I think it just depends on whether or not the judge got out of bed on the right side, whether he/she argued with the spouse that morning, what sports team (he) bet on and whether they won or lost.... And, of course, it depends on what the attorneys work out before hand in most cases, if they are able to work something out. Sounds like your DS's ex is something of a witch with a "b". People can be so callous. It's very sad.

Thanks Shatzi, for kind of clarifying how things actually SHOULD work for me. To tell the truth, my own job is so completely autonomous that I'm not sure I really "got" the whole appropriate team approach vs. DH's boss's approach. He's gearing up for this big interview tomorrow - we even bought him a new suit that he looks fabulous in! Yay, DH!!! As for IDS, no, that's not what he works in. I know that they just got a completely new system up and running - EPIC - which was a year-long undertaking. It enables them to share all kinds of info back and forth with Dr's offices in their network - and even outside the network, provided the other hospitals have the capacity. It even allows them to transfer things like X-Ray pictures, MRI pictures, etc, via the computer, which not all hospitals can do yet.

And, re: your observations, Kiwi, it's the burning of bridges that has worried me. I have never left a job under unpleasant circumstances, and that's a little stressful, you know?

OMIGAWD, Kiwi, WORCESTER! You're going to be in Worcester?????????????? That's where I live. I helped raise money for the renovations at Mechanics Hall!!!! What a teeny, tiny world!

Do I REALLY seem obsessed with age? (Doing a self-analysis, here). Maybe I am. I KNOW I've been obsessed with my weight over the past month or so. I guess it's possible. I'll try to catch myself before I bring it up again, I promise.

TTFN,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #73  

Wabooo, I know... very much sterotyping goes on in these custody hearings. just terrible. My heart goes out to you and son and little K. So much negative things in your life right now... you do need to focus on the little joys . Be strong wabby.

Woodwoman: YOU out in the boonies! Such "culcha" happenin up there...Nice supporting the alma mater .... but really, who writes these things? Sounds so bloated with ego and whatnot.... lol. Experience one of music’s most sensational dramas!!, and a cast of New England’s most revered soloists!!! for this sonic spectacle.

I went to an opry once... at the MET (and the crowd gasps with reverence) Dh always wanted to go to one..so for Xmas one year I got tx to Don Giovanni, the one he wanted to see.... within 20 minutes I was ready to call it a night.... so much fer my culcha!

Were is that Birthday goil????Got her head in a box of bones me thinks.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #74  

Ella, yes yes EPIC!!! I have no experience with it..DH does, DH is a Cisco Internetwork expert.... or er sometin like dat dare...I call him a Wirehead... if you saw his home office/lab you'd know what I mean....
I know that DH is filled with hope and anxiety.. my DH went through the same thing when we moved to NC and he was on the job hunt...all gussied up in his suits and looking quite spifalicious. My Dh is interviewing tomorrow for a job within Cisco (he works there)- he has learned all he can and is ready for a new challenge. Right now his specialty is Voice and Data over IP ... sounds impressive I have no clue..... but no matter what he does did or will do.. I support him. My DH needs to know Im in his corner. ( However, I'm in his corner when he was actively looking for work, or studying... I was less tolerant in the Years of un/non employment... )

I've been a Project Manager for yearrrrrrrrs... and right now Ive been hovering over books and lectures and tests to prepare me for the PMP exam.(project management professional). So DH is completely correct that you need the estimates - and you get them from....... the people doing the work ! that would be him-duh. Projects like EPIC are temporary- hopefully his interaction with the PM is temporary too... perhaps instead of leaving he could ask to be replaced on the project going forward? If he still likes the company and job and all, maybe thats a way for him to go too. just a thought.

Cowperch: When you return from yer bday celebrations, send me an email: I sent you a ecard; which got bounced back to me : hmmpf!

Last edited by Schatzi; 03-28-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh Wabby, that is just so wrong. I'm glad he gets to see his baby girl, but he should never have to pay so much for the priviledge. $6000 for a divorce he doesn't even want? It sounds impossible in this day, doesn't it? Not to mention the house and lawyer's fees? That's just theft. It sounds like he has a good attitude though, I hope he can sustain that. Maybe down the road, when he's shown good faith, he can revisit it. After all, any judge who doesn't think a responsible young man can take of his own baby has got his head up his ***. I'm so sorry your son is having to pay such a high price for being a good man. But yay that you will be able to hug your little grandbaby soon soon soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
You're going to be in Worcester?????????????? That's where I live. I helped raise money for the renovations at Mechanics Hall!!!! What a teeny, tiny world!
How about that! Got any dining suggestions? We have to get an early dinner as DD has a 6:30 call time. It will be me, DH, his mom and sis, DD and the BF.

Quote:
Such "culcha" happenin up there...Nice supporting the alma mater .... but really, who writes these things? Sounds so bloated with ego and whatnot.... lol. Experience one of music’s most sensational dramas!!, and a cast of New England’s most revered soloists!!! for this sonic spectacle.
isn't that the truth? Not really going to support the alma ma, though -- only to see DD sing! Granted, in a mass of how many dozens of voices, but still, must see. Next month they do the same piece on campus with only the university chorale and their own soloists, so I'll probably go to that too!

Later, kiddies
Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote