Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 01:22 PM   #16  
A new Mom

Wow... we've let our little group fall silent! It's been an entire week since any of us posted... I know we are all busy with the holiday season upon us.

I've been doing a MAJOR Fall Cleaning at my house. My parents are coming to stay with us for almost a week over Thanksgiving. I'm really happy to have them coming down as they haven't been down in forever. My mum's last visit was in February, but my dad hasn't been here in almost 18 months. I did see them both in July when they met me in the Seattle area for 5 days, but it's not the same. Also, having them visit has really lit a fire under me. I don't think my house has been this clean since the last time mum was here.

With the baby on the way I have vowed to get more organised and really keep my house up. To that end I have joined Flylady.net and am really working on having being organized and keeping the house up become habitual. I still have a lot of work to do, but the house is getting there. And as crazy as it first sounded to me, I do like having a shiny sink greet me every morning. Brad thinks I've totally lost it. He thinks I've gone from being a bit of a slob (he was being generous when he said "bit of") to being overly perfectionistic about the house. He told me this when I asked him to add his milk glass to the dishwasher and then start it rather than putting it in the sink and having me start the load right away. I didn't want ANYTHING in the sink when I got home from work. He thought one cup wouldn't be the end of the world.

So that's what's up in my life... I have a shiny clean kitchen, a clean living room (with room on the coffee table for a drink!) and I'm working on getting the bedroom to how I want it. The office (which will be babys room) is almost ready for my parents to sleep in (we've got a futon). And the bathrooms actually sparkle.

On the baby front, I'm now starting to grow out of my pants, though on the up side I have a pair that I wore this time last year that aren't all that uncomfortable and last year I wasn't 5+ months pregnant! The baby is noticeably moving a lot more often, although I'm still not feeling a ton of movement. I don't know how much I should be feeling though so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. The dr doesn't think there's any problem, just that maybe I'm expecting more movement than is realistic at this stage in the game.

I hope everyone else is doing well. And I wish you all the joy of a shiny sink.

Lara

PS... Oh... I gained 4.5# this week at TOPS blah. I have been really constipated though and on my scale I'm back down now so I'm not going to change my weight gain in my sig. Lara
Old 11-17-2001, 05:31 PM   #17  
A new Mom

Just an update since I said I wasn't feeling a lot of movement... Today as I said, I'm cleaning... I have a BeachBoys CD on while I work and boy is the baby moving!! Either she's dancing along or stamping her feet in protest.

Lara
Old 11-20-2001, 08:05 PM   #18  

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo.......where is everyone??? I'm hoping this board gets hopping soon!

Lara - How is the plumbing working (so to speak). Did you try any of those OTC remedies? I truly say the WW Taco Soup should do the trick. Great job with the nesting and getting some cleaning done. I need some nesting my way. I have SO much to do and haven't started. I did vow to make a list and tackle one little thing a time.

I'm doing alrighty this week. I've been really struggling with the food and eating WAY too much of it. I know I'm sleeping well so I've been cranky, moody, and just sluggish so I'm not sure if that is contributing to this splurge recently. But I know I HAVE to stop. Still keeping up with the exercise which I'm happy about. I have my next OB appton 11/26--lovely right after Thanksgiving so I'm sure the scale will reflect it. Oh well.

Hope everyone is doing well and Happy Turkey Day!

Ann
EDD 1/27/02
Old 11-21-2001, 05:11 PM   #19  
A new Mom

Well... I guess I'm going to have to adjust my weight in my sig line... I was only down 1/2 a pound this week from last week. I'm still not totally "regular" but I'm not in pain like I was this time last week.

My Bedroom is still a complete disaster area, but the rest of my house is sparkling. My parents get in tonight so I'm happy to have a clean home for them to see... I don't even have any "I hope they don't peek in that closet" areas apart from my room of course. I am slowly but surely working to organize my whole house and my life. Of course I have to say I'm EXTREMELY thankful that they are renting a car so I don't have to clean that too. That is on my list right after my bedroom though.

Ann: My next OB appt is on the 26 too. I'm not really looking forward to stepping on her scale when BEFORE thanksgiving I've already got a 4# gain. I can only hope that I'll come unplugged so to speak and maybe it will all even out.

I hope everyone else is doing well and no one is too stressed out over the holiday.

Happy Turkey Day to us all.

Lara

Old 11-21-2001, 05:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Well hello all,

I just thought I would let everyone know we are doing fine. Boy since this is my second baby I know this baby is moving like crazy. Normally when the bladder is full. My next appointment is Tuesday the 27th. I hope from there he will send me over for a ultrasound so I can find out what it is. I have a feeling it's a girl but I don't know. I have been told by so many people that I am having a girl that I guess I started feeling like it. I guess I should get back to work I only have 10 minutes left before I have to leave so I should start cleaning up.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Take care.

Tamara

EDD 18-MAR-02
Old 11-29-2001, 10:15 PM   #21  
A new Mom

Well, I had my OB Appt... and everything is progressing normally according to her. This is good. She measured and I'm at 24 and am at 23.5 weeks so that is normal, baby's heartbeat was around 140 this time. She said that she got the results from the ultrasound and everything looked good there. I know that the Dr at the Ultrasound place had already told us that, but it's still nice to hear it confirmed by the Dr I know.

My parents are back home, and I'm slowly recouperating from their visit. My mum has a TON of energy. Boy can that woman shop! At one point I had her leave me in the Brookstone Store in the mall for 20 minutes and I sat in one of their massage chairs with my feet on one of the foot massage machines... HEAVEN! I could see going to the mall and fighting for a parking spot just to use that foot massager. (It's $200 so I'd never buy one for myself!) I did love having them here though... I find it hard having them so far away while I'm pregnant.

Glad to hear that all is well with you Tamara... so did the Dr send you for an ultrasound? Keep us updated on the results.

My next appt isn't until after the new year. I'll be having the glucose challenge test at that point. I can't wait. NOT.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Lara
Old 12-03-2001, 02:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

Just a note to let you know I am fine. I had my last appointment about 1 week ago and this last Friday I had an appointment for the ultrasound. Everything is progessing fine. I did the glocose tolerance test. I have to retest at my next appointment on January 2. The ultrasound was so much fun. I think my mother butted in where my husband should have been but that is OK. We invited her along. The ultrasound tech said it looks like a girl but could not be certain because she was being shy. Everytime he tried to get a good picture of the face she would put her hands in front of it. But I did get a few of them. I am at 25 weeks now. Lara did you realize we are on the downhill side of things. 15 weeks to go. Still seems like such a long way away but with the holidays coming that time will go by so quickly. These headaches are really going to kill me. I hope they start getting less and less. Yeah right. Well I must go now.

Take care
Tamara
EDD March 18, 2002
Old 12-07-2001, 02:52 PM   #23  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Tamara: that is so exciting. I girl! When we had our ultrasouns, we got many face pictures right on with hands in front. Our kid always looks like he is giving us the bird. Hubby is like, yup, that's my boy!

I have been doing well. I am 36 weeks (almost 37) and really getting excited. I have almost everything ready and I also have been nesting big-time. Just have to have it all clean...

I think we are getting an ultrasound nect time we go in to the Dr. (monday) to see where the baby is and about how big. I hope not too big! But not too small either. Well, really, just healthy and I will be happy.

I only have one week left of work forever as I am not coming back to work. I am looking forward to that.

Well, hope you all have a great day.

Trish

EDD 1/1/02
Closed Thread