Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #1  

Talking Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 10/29-11/4/07

Welcome to Sexy Chicks!
We are a support groups started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people. We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join! Look for our Bio's thread too so we can get to know each other!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Good Morning everyone ^^

Woke up late this morning... *sigh* Guess work is just like weight loss. If you screw up you have to just keep going! Not like the world stops to serve you
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #3  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone, Monday already!
Back to the grind and the gym and back on track with healthy eating!
I cannot believe it will November already this week, time sure does fly anymore!
I hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Stacey
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just another day here like any other day. Chores to do and weight to lose lol.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #5  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Ok so my co-worker brought in a huge bowl of halloween candy and its sitting right behind me. If I make it through the day without having one piece it will be a good one, I know one piece wouldn't hurt me but sometimes I am not good with moderation and I am afraid one will turn into 10
The funny thing is she brought it out and within 15 mins my stomach was rumbling and hungry, I think its just funny how much your brain can influence your body, you know what I mean?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #6  
Ignoring the scale = BAD

S/C/G: 211/184/120

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone! Ugh long weekend at work. I work 36-hour weekends so don't ever expect to hear from me on Saturday and Sunday LOL!! I'm so proud of myself though - usually my coworkers and I order tons of takeout and sit around eating munchies, but this weekend I brought in healthy food and I actually ate it. (That's the kicker for me - eating the healthy stuff I buy!!) Well it was worth it cause I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 pounds!!!!!

Shimmering - Just ignore that evil Halloween candy!! Drink a big glass of water to make your tummy shut up!!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #7  
Rennie

Shimmering
You never think of a candy bar until it is sitting right there lol.

Hannah
Nice going on the weight loss. I have never found a glass of water to replace anything or tell my tummy it doesn't want something lol.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Shimmer - Oh man, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, too! And I know exactly what you mean about 1 turning into 10. "In Moderation" sometimes means you have to just say NO! this time around. You'll make it through the day ^^

Hannah - WTG! The first step is easy... buying the healthy stuff. The second step takes a little more effort... actually eating it! You keep that up and it'll be second nature soon enough
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #9  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Hey everybody. Happy Monday!!! I ate healthy for breakfast and I ate healthy for lunch but I just HADto have a candy bar this afternoon. First piece of chocolate in a month. But I still don't think it will put me over my calories for today. And I did walk at lunch. The problem will be when the kids go trick or treating WED and I get to "sort" the candy. I used to sort one for them, one for me...... I know...A moment on the lips is forever on the hips.
Shimmering, stay away from that candy bowl!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #10  
Rennie

mama
That has to be hard. Glad my kids are old enough that they eat it all before they get home lol
Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #11  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everybody! You girls here are kicking butt!! I was just sort of lurking and decided to stop by and say hi.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #12  
Rennie

cldwy
You are more than welcome to join in. We like to chat lol
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Hey cldwv ^^ Shy's sure right about that. We LOVE our chatting!!!

So, after a long day (and arriving late at work) I stayed until 8:15 tonight to do some OT and get some things done... *sigh* Long long day, needless to say I didn't stay for Treadmilling tonight, but I DID get my two 10 minute break walks done. So I feel pretty good. I'm about to head to bed, I hope everyone's night is great!

Checklist:
Food -
Exercise - (I'm not counting it, because I did plan treadmill and didn't follow through)
Water -
Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #14  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Evening Ladies~

OK... so this morning was weigh-in.... I gained. ugh. BUT only .2 so I'm OK with it because if my scale wasn't digital it wouldn't have even shown up and with all the beer and snacking I did this weekend I'm lucky that's all it was.

I'm off to the gym tomorrow morning though so I'll be working on it. I'm planning on getting to the gym Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday this week. (I only go on my days off from work). Somebody please hold me accountable for this ok??? I'll do the same for you!!!

Cldwv ~ Welcome... stay with us...we're a good group.
Countrygirl ~ Thanks for starting a new thread for us!
Shimmeringsun ~ OMG... I give you soooo much credit about the candy bowl.. I would be into it before noon for sure. UGH! And your coworker is probably skinny, huh? lol
ChunkyHannah ~ Awesome job on taking the healthy food AND eating it and the weight loss. You rock girlfriend.
Shy ~ Hope you had a good day today. Thanks for sharing your health story with me. Doesn't it suck that the meds can make us gain so much weight but we HAVE to have them?
Faerie ~ Good to see you tonight!! I see you made it over to my This or That thread... I love those.
Mamamona ~ I have the same problem... going through my daughter's Halloween candy when she gets home and then it sits here for weeks. UGH! I will need a lot of willpower to stay away from it. Not looking forward to it, I'll tell ya.

Have a great rest of your day ladies!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #15  

good job on the weight loss hannah!

welcome cldwv! good to have you!

well i had a hard couple of days but i think i did ok. sunday was a big family meal cuz my brother is moving out of state. my mom made pie and cake and of course there was ice cream. it's like she's out to get me! but i watched my portions at lunch, only had 1/2 piece of apple pie and a small scoop of black cherry ice cream (also referred to as heaven lol). then a salad for dinner. i went over my WW points by 7 but that's not bad since i almost never go over.

then today i had an all day work conference. i bypassed the donuts and just had a bagel without cream cheese. then watched my portions at the catered lunch cuz i wasn't sure how many calories was in it. drank a lot of water too.

now i'm gonna to really have to concentrate to make through the candy fest coming up! ugh.
Closed Thread