Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

HI guys...

Well..I make it back, but I have a new challange ahead!! My trip was awesome (and Marti)...I was tourist just for you for 15 minutes...(LOl)

Very successful trip, but as I was staying home yesteday to recoop I had a really nasty fall...doing something really stupid and as it turned out I fractured my tale bone. I spent yesteday at the hospital and although the pain is horrible, but I am happy that I didn't break my back (that is what I thought I did as I laid on the floor unable to move for 15 min)

So..again Hello to all..I am on lots of meds and still feeling pretty rough. I will try and catch up by Sunday..say a prayer...

Still need to connect as I would be eating really horrible with you!!

Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm eating carrots....haha

I'm snacking on carrots and reading posts trying to stay motivated. You see it takes alot for me to stay motivated in the beginning and then after about a couple weeks try putting chocolate in front of me and i'll just laugh...hahahaha....
Vann, I am sooooo sorry to hear about your fall ~ you don't know me because i'm new but how awful. I hope you have a quick recovery. Must be painful!
Jules, who or what is oneunderland? I'm sorry....i'm blonde.

Ok...i'm sick of carrots. Going to drink another bottle of water and have my hubby bring me some meat for dinner (we own a sandwish shop) LOL!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #33  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies!!!!

Jane--I'm all thawed out and ready for the next ice storm on Sunday morning. Just in time for me to work a half day at the hospital and then go to a bridal shower. Should be an interesting day!

Marti--Glad to hear that you got your treadmil fixed. A few years ago, our main panel went up on our treadmill. I called the 800 # and when I was asked how long we had it, I kinda white lied and said for less than a year (really it was about 18 mo) and with no more questions asked, they sent us a new computer panel for free!!! And yes, I felt a little guilty.....for a few minutes!!

Cristina--I'm so jealous of your devotion to your exercising. I was off all day, only had a doc appt and woofed down a handfull of raisinets (and just grabbed another handfull cause I didn't know how to spell raisinets and reached into the pantry to check the spelling as I was typing this, talk about zero willpower) instead of getting on my elliptical. How's Josh!!

Vann--Sorry you busted your butt!! What a pain in the a$$. Seriously....ouch!! My daughter went skiing last week and thought she did the same. Do take care and hope you feel better.

Welcome to Tina and Mindee!! Hey ya'll to everyone else. Sorry to be MIA all week. I've been extremely busy. Working 14 hr shifts back to back only allows me time to get home, shower and get a uniform ready for the next day. I have been taking the time to pack my lunch trying to stay on track. My days off this week have been taking my mother into Baltimore City to visit her new/old boyfriend who just had triple bypass surgery. Finally got two days off and as I said, didn't do to much today but catch up on tivoed shows, sneak raisinets and get a physical for what I suspect is probably gallstones. We are going to a home and garden show tomorrow in Annapolis and looking at new kitchen countertops. I'm really confused on what to get. I don't really like granite. I had corian in my other house and like that better. Any suggestions??? I have white appliances, light wood cabinets and light hard wood floors. I have a lot of blue in my kitchen and breakfast area. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hey all, just a quick one to see how everyone's doing. I did get most of my cleaning done, and feel better about that.

Cristina - I see where you edited your post, but others who read it are all worried about Josh. So whatever is wrong, I hope it turns out ok! Since you edited it, I won't ask any questions.

A big shout-out and hugs to the others.

Tomorrow is going to be such a busy day for me that I doubt I'll have a chance to check in, until maybe late. So have a good day/weekend, and take care.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #35  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Jane~ I got a response from one of my sisters. She told me that she doesn't remember the recovery that well because it was after her six week check up. But she did suggest having Tommy take a day or two off to help. I will be sure to tell you all if we find out the gender. Tommy is going with me and the boys to the ultrasound, so if we can see the gender, then he will know. I will have to try the cranberry juice for the UTI.

Tina~ Thanks for the congrats. Right now, I have good days with both boys. Some days they take turns getting on my nerves and other times, they are absolutely perfect and don't misbehave. When they decide to both act up, or when they take turns, those days seem to drag on and on and on. But I manage to make it through it all, just to turn around and do it 12 hours later.

Cristina~ How are you girl? Now, I seem to be the opposite. I wanted to know with Brandon and Logan. With this one, I would be fine either way. I am feeling good today. The boys keep me entertained during the day for the most part anyways. (I will have to post some new pictures of them soon for you all)

Jules~ Thanks! It is good to be back.

Vann~ My goodness! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Tammy~ You sound like you live in Michigan....the way you are mentioning the upcoming snow storm. Tommy is suppose to pick up a buddy of his to help us move around our bedroom on Sunday. I am thinking of just having him pick up his buddy Saturday after he gets off work, just so he doesn't have to go back out in the wacky weather.

that about covers everything!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:32 AM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi chickies....Hope you all have a wonderful week-end. It sounds like there is going to be some bad weather for some, and sunshine for others. We will have cool and windy in beautiful Las Vegas.
Not much new here....well, semi-new. We are going to sell our home here and do something else. Just don't know what yet. Lots of confusion and getting ready to sell. Love the weather here (except in Jan.) and will miss that, but we are burnt out on the rest. Not big city lovers at all and everywhere is crowded here.
Today I tackled Mt. Washmore and dusting. (always dusting here) We went out for dinner and that was it today. I spent some time on my landscape plan for back home.....I am not good at that, but trying. DH will probably lose patience with me...I am not sure what I want and need to go to a greenhouse. He wants to plan the whole lot...I want to plan one area at a time. I just can't seem to see the BIG picture. Ah well, it will work out.
I am so excited to see all the new members. Hello and a big WELCOME to everyone.
Mindee- Hello...yes, do let us know when you find out the gender. I think you will find that the tube tying at the same time as delivery makes for just a little added recovery time. You are supposed to take it easy after childbirth anyway..remember? Take extra time, you might not get much sleep for awhile. LOL
Jane- Way to go on getting the house cleaned. ALthough I know it wasn't very dirty to begin with. Ohhh, a cut flower garden. Sounds so neat. I am trying to plan some landscaping and I have never done it before. Yikes....would never know how to plan a flower garden. (but I am going to learn)
Tammy- Hope you don't get the storm Sat. Ugh. Have fun looking at countertops. I got HiMacs in the new house. It is like Corian. I like it better than laminate, but mine won't shine up like I would like (don't tell my DH as it was costly, and he will have a heart attack if he thinks I want it changed) I love the color we picked and think if I can get the installer to tell me how to care for it I will like it better. They gave me no info. Actually have the same thing in white in the baths and love it.
Vann- Welcome back..glad you made it safely. But hey, sorry to hear about what was waiting to happen when you got home. How do they treat that? Do you just stay in bed or ?? Whatever it takes, be good and follow directions so you can be back to 100% in no time.
Tina- I always say I love carrots raw, and I do, until I eat several of the minis...then I hate them and don't want to look at one for awhile. Celery is the same for me. I actually do better with broccoli and cauliflower. Hope you found your will-power...and if you did, tell me how. I have NONE lately. By the way, welcome!
Cristina- You are doing so good on the exercise. Terrific! And I am sure you are getting the hang of WW eating. I am anxious to try Dr. Oz's plan when we get home in 3 weeks. I hope I can get motivated to exercise too. I read your post earlier today..and will say, prayers and hugs to you.
Painting, ugh, but it is exercise.
Jules- Hi stranger.....Oh, I love the peach tea also. But I buy Wal-Mart brand for less cost and it is good too. DH just said today that I drink too much of it...I said it is my replacement for Coke and lots better for me. I no longer drink 3 or 4 Cokes a day. (an I dis-like Diet sodas)
Marti- Hope your mouth is feeling better. You are still doing great on that treadmill...LET"S HEAR IT FOR MARTI! YAY!!! You go girl! Have a nice week-end.
Congrats to all the losers and even the maintainers...and especially to the exercisers. I envy you all and hope to get going again soon.
I know I didn't get everyone...and I apologize. I am thinking of you all and will talk again soon....and talk, and talk.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:29 AM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Hello darlins!

Was an easy day at work. Love it when things are caught up and ya don't feel overwhelmed w/stress! Made for a good Friday.

Mouth is feeling much better, thank you all for asking. The teeth that were worked on are now very sensitive though. I'm hoping that will go away....if not, he needs to do something about it!

Jodi--Well....I went to Target before work today and bought the "Yoga, Booty, Ballet" DVD's. Looks like fun. Spendy though. I will be checking it out tomorrow when I get time. DD is playing her video game.

Mindee--Sounds like a good plan for Tommy to take some time off to help you out after the baby arrives. Not only will you be sore from tubes being tied....you'll have THREE little ones to care for....you're going to want all the rest you can get. Looking forward to hearing what you're having. Any names picked out?

Jane--What a great attitude for getting the house cleaned. I think I'll use that to keep me active. "No TV until I get a walk in" or "no craftying until you try YBB" I've been doing better w/my water the last day or so. I NEED to drink more. I can see it in my skin and hair when I don't drink enough. So maybe I'll buy me a cute water bottle to just keep me chuggin.

Tina--My DD loves snacking on carrots. One of her favorites, which makes me pretty darn happy! Onederland, lets see. If you're 200lbs or over....your goal is to hit under....One hundred something....which is Onederland. I hope I explained that correctly.

Cristina--I'm hoping you'll get your pages by Monday. Please let me know if they get there. I have to put my scrapbooking aside until I get my printer back up. When hubby changed things around w/the computer he unplugged it....and when I plugged it in, nothing happens......what in the world did that man do?! Better start my "honeydo" list for when he gets home.

Jules--I'm a lemonade or raspberry lemonade girl. I really enjoy drinking it in the summer and adding real fruit to my glasses. I guess it makes me feel like I'm indulging if I do.

Vann--Oh goodness!! Please rest and take it easy. I fractured my tailbone years ago and I know the pain you feel. Many "get better" vibes and prayers your way!!

Tammy--Totally understand not getting on here everyday due to a busy schedule. The last thing you want to do after a long day is sit at a computer! If we had a warranty on our treadmill, maybe we could have gotten the panel for free....but since we bought it second hand.......I'm really happy that it's back in working condition.

Sue--Thanks for the cheers. It really brightens my day and keeps me motivated when you girls support me. I just love you girls!! I do have to admit though, that today I used my "walk free" day. I was wanting to wait until Sunday, but I just didn't feel up to it tonight. Good luck w/selling the house. I'm sure you'll find a buyer quickly.

Hello to all the other gals out there!!

Ok, ladies, I'm up late...it's 12:30 and I need to get some sleep. You all have a great weekend and I'll try to pop back in if I get some time. It's Jhanai weekend, and my time is spent devoted to her.

Hugs to each and every one of you!!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #38  

Hi everyone!

Tina--A great big welcome and thanks so much for the well wishes!! Having this site and these particular girls to reach out to a consistent basis have contributed to my loss and bring much comfort even when I don't eat well and am have problems (like now) I look forward to getting to know you better!!

Sue-The recovery period is just rest...no lifting..meds...I am actually quite amazed at how much a butt can hurt LOL Thanks for the well wishes...I know being in bed will not help my weigh loss plans and last night I sat in bed and ate a half a bag of cookies....I have a much better resolve today so we shall see. I am going to try and get out of the house today. I am hoping that getting out will help. I want to fake it til I make it better :-)

Jane- Sounds like you are a busy girl this weekend..have fun and don't over do!! look forward to chatting more later!

Marti- Having been through this you certainly know how I feel. Who would have ever thought such a little bone could create such havoc?? Thanks for the well wishes...I am so glad you are all here!!

Hello to Tammy, Jules, Christina, Mindee, Sassy, Michelle, and whoever else I may have missed...thanks you all for the well wishes and a big hug to you all. If I say stupid things you know it is just the meds

Chat soon...
Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #39  

I'm jinxed. I've lost the first post....which was the longest post in post history I think. And then the second one I was just starting and I hit the wrong button....uggg

Ok....this is going to be short outta fear of getting deleted again...haha....I lost another 2 pounds this morning and I'm ecstatic!

You're right I AM getting to know your names well ~ after typing them over and over and....haha

Tammy ~ just wanted to say I'm jealous over your new countertops. I have original 50's in my kitchen. Including my oven...which is for looks anyway...I hate to cook! haha

Mindee ~ i had my tubes tied right after the birth of my 4th. I was glad to get it all over with at once. there's a little more discomfort involved but I was back in the game pretty quick.

Sue ~ does what happens in Las Vegas REALLY stay there? Ha! I love to vacation there. Haven't been in a lonnnng time. But my 19 yr old daughter was there at a trade show called the Pool show last week. She's a model and really involved in fashion etc...

Marti ~ Onederland here I come. I can't wait either. Maybe i'll shave my head today to speed things up. I heard it was the new 'in" thing to do! haha! Well the carrots seemed to work for me yesterday soo...

Vann ~ glad to meet you too! happy recovery to you! if I were you I would milk it for all I could...haha! But i'm sure you are seriously in pain right now...not a good deal at all.

Jane ~ my fellow counselor. I guess we are suppose to be the motivators on here. Ha! If I could just get motivated enough to clean MY house....it needs it. psh!

Well I'm going to end this before is disappears......

Tina
Old 02-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Tina- I will have to figure out how to send you the link to the Monday weigh in group. Beware though, for some strange reason we all seem to be on the same monthly cycle over there- lol. I think it is funny that alot of us seem to be able the same weight. I will lose and get stuck about 181-183 and stay there forever. I am bound and determined to get past that this time.

Vann- Sorry to hear about your fall and your tail bone- but I am glad you weren't even more injured than you were.

Jane- Hope you are able to find some resting, down time in your busy-nes

Tammy- nice to see you posting- HI, I hope you have a great weekend.

Marti- I have never heard of that dvd. It sounds scary to ME! lol You will have to tell us all about it.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT I HAVE MISSED!!!

Ok as for ME....
I made a decision yesterday to stop going to meetings. For the main reason it is just too expensive, and I have decided that I want to continue taking courses in writing (completed my only course in 1994 and then I had 2 little ones and just couldn't do it anymore) anyhow, in order to afford to take the course I am going to have to give up WW meetings ONLY! I talked to my exercise buddy and also my hubby about this before cancelling.

Do I like going and getting information? Yes I do.

Can I do it alone? No I can't.

But do I have a great support system here in this group and with my exercise buddy? YES I DO!!!

This support system is something I have NEVER had before in losing weight! By not going to meetings I don't feel like I am losing anything really because I get the meeting once a week- in this group I get it everyday, several times a day! So I don't feel like I am going at it alone.

And look at me! I have surpassed my exercise goal for this week! I am so proud of myself. I have never done the exercise before. I think that I need to focus more on non-scale victories than the scales so I can feel successful even when not losing, ya know. I am going to gradually up my goal so I don't over extend myself. So what if it is slow going... I have realized that the time is going to pass whether I do anything for myself or not. I am trying to get out of the I want it and I want it NOW mind-set. I keep telling myself- "Slow and sure wins the race".

And I also broke down and made an appt with the doctor. I have been having severe constipation for 7-8 mths now. I had eased some of the pain by taking a herbal colon pill every 3 or 4 days, but I am coming to realize that I can't "go" without the pills and going every 3-4 days can't be healthy. Plus since the first part of Dec I have just felt like something is not right with me. I am tired all the time, I just don't feel "well". I tend to put things off and bury my head in the sand, but in a moment of pain and weakness my husband got me to promise to call the dr. I did call and they were closed, awe the man knows me too well. I told him I tried but they are closed and he said you WILL call tomorrow. Hmmm how did he know that I felt I had fullfilled my promise and had no intentions of calling back?
I guess it just comes from having parents who always told me I didn't feel the way I felt, that I was faking my sickness. Who sent me to school with chicken pox because I wasn't sick (and the bumps were hidden by my clothes and noone knew I had them). I have this voice in the back of my head that my stomach doesn't REALLY hurt. That its all in my imagination that I am exhausted all the time and that I am not going to the bathroom. I don't think anyone will take me seriously, so I just endure.
Just like yesterday I told my hubby that I feel like my coloring is bad and that under my eyes are puffy and he tells me no it's not. I go to the mirror and wonder how he doesn't see it, and then tell myself that is my imagination too.
sigh

Oh my I can't believe I just wrote a book here. I guess I just needed to talk about it to someone. Thanks for letting me vent and "listening". Anyhow my appt is Wed morning. I am going to ask for a full blood workup- I want to know what is going on with me.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #41  

Jodi ~ I left you out! Dang!

I think you should go to the doctor ~ maybe once you get that problem solved you'll be down another 3 pounds or so! haha! I myself have a phobia of Dr's because I don't want to get on the scale. I don't want anyone that can actually see me know my weight. That's why this online thing is so handy. haha! I keep telling myself as soon as I weigh 132 I'll get everything checked out.

I'm bad I know it. and I'll be there for Mondays weigh in....

Ok...since I am on I thought I'd pass by some of my morning thoughts...

The Benefits of weighing over 200 pounds....
1. You save on water because it doesn't take as much to fill up the tub!
2. You lose weight every time you shave your legs!
3. You never get mistaken for Jennifer Anniston so the paparrazzi leave you alone.
4. You can eat alot and not get fatter.
The Benefits of being thin ~
1. It doesn't take you 5 minutes to pull you jeans up.
2. You can walk the dog without the dog walking you.
3. You have tons of more energy.
4. You can look at yourself in the mirror without throwing up.
5. You get to wear shirts without sleeves!
6. You can borrow your daughters clothes....maybe haha
7. (insert anything you might want to add if you like) haha!

Tina
Old 02-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #42  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies

Using hubby's laptop since DD is hanging out on our homecomputer.

Vann--Don't you worry....you can never say stupid things in here.....meds or not. I do hope you're feeling better. Nothing to really help heal that area except rest. Hugs to you. Is your family pampering you I hope??

Tina--Liked the list of pros and cons you made. I may actually start making a list for myself of the pros and cons that I've personally experienced being heavier and losing weight. Thanks for the great idea!

Jodi--First thing I want to say is.....your posts can be as long as you want it to be.....if you need a "listening ear" we are here for you. As for the WW meetings, you need to do what is best for you. And maybe later in the future you decide you need to go back, you know you'll always be welcomed. Until then.....we'll be here for you as much as we can! I do hope you see a doctor soon to see what's going on....sounds like that can be down right miserable.

Hello to all my other JL friends.

Ok.....I tried the "yoga,booty,ballet" DVD and let me tell ya.......it kicked my butt!! In such a good way. I totally felt it in my thighs and butt. I was sweating and laughing, wondering how I must look. I was only able to do 20mins of it though!! (There are several different workouts from 35mins to 56mins) Walking is one thing...this is something different and I have to say, I like it. I have plans to do that three times a week and continue walking everyday.

I do need to revamp my eating. I'm either not eating enough or I'm skipping meals. And that is such a big NO-NO! So, I went grocery shopping and planned my weekly meals. If I want to succeed and continue on succeeding, I need to plan better and really pay attention. It's a struggle for me I do have to admit. But.....I'm still learning and still figuring out what works and what doesn't work.

Wonder if it'll ever get simple??

Anyway...that's my update for the day. I better get to moving on the treadmill......hope my legs like me tomorrow....their not used to all this crazy workouts, been too long!

Have a good evening and I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #43  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

thanks ladies for the input on the tube tying issue. I got a response back from both of my sisters. they both waited until their six week check up to get it done. my oldest sister couldn't remember her recovery that well, but my sister who is a little older then Tommy said she was back to herself, granted moving very slowly, after a couple days. but she was back to normal self after maybe a week. (she also only has two kids)

I am going to ask more about it at my next appointment which is on the 7th. so I will definitely get more details about it then. I will be sure to let you all know if we find out the gender. (if I don't make it on to post the gender, I will update my signature with it)

As far as names go......well, we have some options, but we just haven't agreed on a name for either gender yet.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #44  

Hello to everyone!!!

Well...I am going to try and go without any neds today. It is not too bad this morning. The problem is that I am the "ONE" that does it all..cook..clean...wash clothes..I know you all know what I am talking about. I am making my DS go to the grocery store to help with the heavy stuff:-)
THANK YOU ALL for all the well wishes!

As I got out yesterday I went to look at kittens and put a deposit on another Maine Coon. I am definitley attributing this to the medication. I think I have lost my mind, but my DS and I are very excited. We don't know yet which kitten it will be, but we do know by summer we will have a new addition.

I lost .4 lbs. I am thrilled as I thought I had gained. I feel fatter...but who knows...I am going to keep plugging along...

Tammy-I Can't wait to see your kitchen when it is done. I have white appliances and light cabinets and I chose charcoal counters. I love the way it came together. I have light green and royal blue accents and I think it is nice. Keep us posted!

Tina- I so hate it when you loose a post. I can tell you are gonna bring a lot of fun to our group !! Look forward to hearing more from you!

Jodi-Thanks for sharing!! You really should go to the doctor. I know from lots of experience that the stomach (intestinal) thing is so tough to diagnose, but once they figure it out and put you on treatment plan it can change your life for the better dramatically!! Good Luck. AND I love it when you said
" I need to focus on the Non-scale victories"" How true..we all have them and need to recognize them and applaud our victories!! Congratulations to you!!

Mindee-- I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl and to hear names.. DS and I have been thinking about kitty names and we don't know if we are getting a male or female yet..we are thinking exotic names (LOL) keep us posted!!

Hello and happy weekend to Marti, Jane, Christina, Sue, Sassy, and to anyone else I missed--

Couldn't do this on my own either!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #45  
ugggg.....

Vann--your kitchen sounds pretty too. I have to admit that I have a hubby that helps out--the only thing he won't do is the dishes. Before the kids moved out it was so nice to come home to a clean house!! MY mil had Maine Coons--they are beautiful cats.

Mindee--my niece is due April 17, my friend May 15 (she's calling me to go in with her), and my co worker is due in May too. There are actually like five more coworkers either pregnant or going to be grandparents.

Marti--I saw the Yoga Booty Ballet and it looks fun--wondered if I could do it. I am going to try my Zone Pilates I just got in the mail. With the snow/sleet/ice storm here until tomorrow morning I don't think I am making it to the gym. I will have to try the Crystal Light raspberry lemonade--I drink the lemonade in the summer.

Tina--your little lists are so cute--though even after I lose the weight my 65 pound dog will still be walking me. Marti explained the oneunderland well--for me it will be 199--when I don't weigh 200 anything anymore!

Jodi--good luck with your doctor's appt, my hubby is the one who doesn't go. When he says he does I know it's bad. I have been having the every two week tom's again--doesn't help with the weightloss and I am beginning to think the anxiety meds help my nerves but hurt the weightloss too.
One thing I heard somewhere was that it you use herbal cleanses or laxatives too much that it does mess up your bm's because your body gets used to the pills telling it to go. Don't know how factual that statement is, but I am sure your doctor can help. Have you tried adding fiber?
I agree with Marti--if you have something you need to post about then do it and don't worry about the length--we all have had our long posts. It does help to get supportive answers.

Sue--I have to watch the cokes (I don't like the diet kind either)!! Theres a garden show at the local community college in March--I am going to go to get a few things, they also have seminars, I am trying to find a listing of what and when to plan when I want to be there.

Jane--hope your having a great weekend!!

Tammy--my ds wants to start hitting the hiking trails and museums once spring hits--we all have cabin fever. We used to do a trip every year on his bday. He says he wants to go to Baltimore this year and see Edgar Allen Poes house. He's actually been wanting to go for awhile.

Cristina--hey chicky--thinking of you!!

Sassy--hope you are having fun on your vacation...miss you!!

Hi to anyone else I have missed!! Have to go shovel some and i'm joining Sue in the trip to MT WASHMORE!!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread