View Poll Results: How do you feel about your current weight loss/maintenance goals?
I was in a slump for awhile, but I'm doing better now! 4 28.57%
Ugh..... I'm ready to quit--pass the ice cream! 0 0%
Same old same old. Some days are good and other days are all-you-can-eat at the ranch. 8 57.14%
I can't believe you even have to ask!! You know I'm ALWAYS on track!! 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #1  

Arrow Home of the Loozing Floozies, #10

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but come on! Two weeks of being so very, very good with no weight change to show for it!!! Aargh.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #3  

Janice WTG!!!! 2 more lbs. gone forever!!

Gayle...How did today go?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 AM   #4  

WTG, Janice!! Keep up the good work!!

Sherry-You WILL be down by your anniversary!!

Allison-Thank you so much for taking the time to type everything up. I am going to study it, but like everyone says, it sounds like what we have been doing for years, other than the stop eating at a certain time.

Gayle-I have read about some people start their points at night and reverse the day. I truly believe it would work, I just don't think I can do it!

Cheryl-Thanks, as always, for starting a new thread!

Okay, I want to know who is always on track??? I am the same old, same old, and I do mean OLD!!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #5  

Default The FIRST 10 pounds is the hardest!!!

Yea Janice!!!!

Shelley, you know you're always welcome, sweetie!! If you want to know who voted a certain way, just click on the number of votes. I made it an "open" poll so we could see who voted what. I usually do that

Sherry, I am so PROUD of you for hanging in with us! I sure missed you while you were gone

Allison, I know how that feels. I've been dieting and going to the gym since the beginning of January and I've only lost 4 pounds I think I've made my body get used to a new "comfort zone" because I've been losing and gaining (basically maintaining) the same 10 pounds for the past 6 months or so. I feel if I could ever get below this 1st 10 pound mark I'd lose quickly.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #6  

Good morning, Floozies!

I was right back on my Nordic Track this morning....just like every other day (except my day of rest--Saturday!). I think I might finally be down half a pound. We'll wait to see if it stays away this time. Last weekend, I thought I was down 1 pound, but it seems that it was simply due to sleeping in and weighing in later than usual.

Didn't do a great dinner last night--DS practically begged me to buy Chicken Alfredo at Costco while we were shopping. I knew I wanted to buy dinner there, so I caved. It was super good, and I had seconds, but overall my calories were not out of line for the day.

Shelley--no problem typing all that up. Let me know if you have any specific questions as I can always look it up for you.

Cheryl--what do you mean ONLY 4 POUNDS?!?!? That is a great accomplishment in only 2 weeks! Just think, if you keep at it, you'll double that in no time! I remember when I started this lifestyle change last January. I had it in my head that I couldn't really consider that I was succeeding until I had lost 18 pounds. Why 18? Because the time I had lost weight before, no one noticed my loss until I had lost 18 pounds. Weird, I know. But I lost 12-15 pretty quickly and then stalled. That's when I found 3FCs. I think I was stalled for about 3 or 4 weeks, but after getting so much good advice and encouragement here, I went on to lose those few more to reach that 18 pound mark. From there, I lost more until last summer when I maintained for most of the summer. I lost again this fall, only to gain it back over the holidays.

Gayle--how's business?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #7  

Check out the exercise thread!! The ladies are kicking booty this month!! I'm so proud of everyone!!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Like my new avatar? Found the pic and thought it was cute, plus it resembles how I look after pigging out. LOL!

I will post more Friday night or Saturday. Trying to open a business in one week is nerve-wracking to say the least! The meet & greet went well other then I had a few of them almost have a heart attack because my prices are higher then the past operator. :-) I bet they adjust though.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:15 AM   #9  

Gayle-Of course they will adjust! Make sure you have your CPR up to date
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyM View Post
Gayle-Of course they will adjust! Make sure you have your CPR up to date
You make me laugh! But I guess it is something that needs to be considered. My MIL ran a retirement home for over 20 years. Boy the stories she could tell!

I ate very, very well yesterday (except for my grapefruit margarita! ) No change in weight since yesterday, but if it remains the same tomorrow, I will consider it a real half-pound loss for the month. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Gayle~don't let the stress get to you (i.e. don't pig out!). I'm sure the residents won't mind the increase in price because I'm sure you'll be delivering a better "do!"

Everyone have a great day! I've been really busy at work (for a change) and am working on a project that has kept me away from the boards for a couple of days. I should finish today, though.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:30 AM   #11  

Bad day for me yesterday. Mike made french onion soup and mushroom quiche for dinner. Tons of regular cheese, and I ate every bit. I have 1 good week, then a bad week. I really need to get in control again. Okay, I'm done venting!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #12  

Shelley, yummmmmm....... I love any kind of quiche!!!! I would have been SO BAD, too! You'll get back into the groove, though!

Allison, grapefruit margarita? I've never heard of such a thing. Probably good for me that I haven't

Gayle, hope things pick up!! I miss you!

Hello to everyone else--get back to posting!!!!! Don't y'all know that y'all's posts are what make my days better?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #13  

I ran out of salad fixin's yesterday, so DH and I just had to go out for lunch. I chose ravioli pomodoro. It was delish!!! Four medium sized cheese ravioli with this really creamy sauce (so it was a pretty small helping) but I soaked up all the extra sauce with kalamata olive bread. Had not 1 but 2 glasses of wine, too. Oops. But I knew that I wasn't getting dinner, so I figured I could do it calorie-wise. So this morning, the scale is down, but I'm sure that is due to missing dinner. (I did have a late snack of ff yogurt just before my regular dinner time.) So, Shelley, we aren't all angels!!!

Grapefruit margarita~it was good. Here's the recipe:

Ruby Red Grapefruit Margarita

Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4

Wedge of lime
2 teaspoons coarse margarita salt
14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
1 ounce lime juice
5 ounces reposado tequila
2 ounces triple sec
4 slices grapefruit or twists

1. Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.
2. Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila and 1 ounce triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
3. Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit. Repeat to make two more cocktails.

Each serving: 174 calories; 1 gram protein; 17 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 2 1/2 mg. sodium.

I have a grapefruit tree, and have grapefruit coming out of my ears, so this was a nice change of pace to simply eating one or juicing it.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #14  

Exclamation I can't believe it!!

I just got flowers from my mil and fil for my birthday!!

The flowers are late because my fil thought my b-day was the same day as his!

They're so pretty and SO unexpected!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #15  

Cheryl what a nice surprise. You deserve them.
Wow four pounds down. That is awesome, never mind just four pounds.

Allison what a luck girl you are to have a grapefruit tree in your back yard. I have a pathetic looking one in a pot that my mom started from seed. It stands about two and a half feet tall. I was just rubbing the leaves to release the scent.
Keep on trying the pounds will come off. I am having a tough time with it too. I thought that I should be down a couple of pounds and the scale just doesn't want to budge.

Sherry how are you doing? Is the scale going in the right direction this week? You have a pretty high goal, I hope that you make it.

Gayle I am glad that the meet and greet went well. At their age it won't take them long to forget what the prices were last month.....lol You will be worth every penny.
I love your little poochie....he is so cute.

Shelley you are lucky that Mike cooks for you. It isn't so much what you eat but how much you eat.
How is the foot doing?
Larry thinks that I am exercising to much, I don't. I exercise more than the average person because the average person does zip.

My doctor sent me for a EKG today. Last week since the anestetic my heart has been having an irregular heart beat. He thinks that I am having atriel fib. Nothing showed up this morning but it is a hard thing to catch unless you have a monitor on all day. I still am waiting for my cardiologist appointment. Hopefully today they will call me back with an appointment. I don't if I go before I leave for Mexico.

I got my new pearl crown yesterday. It feels and looks so much better. I am glad that that is over with.

We celebrated Ashley's 21 birthday yesterday. All of her gifts were wrapped in pink, red and white tissue with lots of ribbon. She said that it looked like it was for a Princess. I told well now that she is marrying Jay she is his Princess. lol He is the one that started saying that I did nothing around here and that I acted like a Princess. The name stuck, which I am sure he wasn't happy about at the time. Anyways we had a lovely evening with the kids.

This morning I went out for a walk with one of my walking friends that have left me to work. It was nice because we only get together every couple of weeks. It sure was cold. I am still waiting to warm up.

Larry will be busy this weekend mudding up the drywall he put up last week. I sure hope it is primed before we leave. I have to pick the comforter before we paint. We will still have trim to make and two windows to install. Slowly it gets there.

Time to fetch a pail of water. No I mean a glass, ladies don't forget to drink your water. And by the way those cayanne pills really do warm you up.
Closed Thread