Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile Thin Wannabee's Weekly Chit-Chat (Jan 1 thru Jan 7)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #2  
CJ

Well, now that I started the new chit-chat thread, I'll now go and lay back down cuz I feel just awful. I feel like I will never be well again! LOL

I'll check back later to see if anyone has posted. Have a great day! It's the first day of the new year!

Love, CJ
Old 01-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ 240/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking NEwbie... as of today!

Hi, my name is Sherri and ....................

I am ready to lose! Anyone with suggestions, I am open and ready to listen. This is my first time on this website and I feel so motivated. All of your postings make me feel right at home.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Happy New Year!

Hi everyone,
How was everyone's New Years? We had a great one, the kids were all here, except son that is stationed in Korea. We had a fun New Years Eve party with lots of great food, friends and family. So right now just trying to relax and I am looking forward to the New Year and all that it will bring. This past year, between losing my brother, Jerry, Ken losing his sister, Carol, Ken's hand and all his surgeries, it has been a hard year. So hopefully this will be a wonderful New Year in 2007. One great thing will be the birth of our 1st Grandchild, Tyler. I am getting all excited about seeing him when he is born in April. Tracy is looking really cute with her baby belly. Hopefully it won't be long now and we will be hearing the pitter patter of little feet in our house when they come for a visit.

Sherri-Welcome our wonderful group. We do all kind of different plans. Some like myself are on Weight Watchers, some Lo-Carb and some are just cutting back or are doing it some other way. Whichever way you are going about it, we wil be able to all help you get to where you want to be. Your great motivation is an excellent start and is what you need to do suceed. So just take one day at a time and you will get to where you need to be.

CJ-I hope by now you are feeling much better. Good idea to do a weekly thread this way, rather than have the long ones with 30 postings. This way we can post fairly often and not get behind the 8 ball so to speak with everything.

Well guys, time to get off here. Hope everyone has a good week this week.

Sassy Sharon
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #5  
CJ

Good morning - checking in real quick here. I got up to have some tea, am still not totally well, but guess I'm getting there .. s l o w l y! I'm just so tired of being in bed all the time!

Sherri:
Welcome to the group! Like Sharon says, we do all different ways. I was doing low-carb but now just watch carefully what I put into my mouth, and I have cut out eating potatoes, breads, and pastas. Also, I find that keeping a food journal helps - in fact, when I'm feeling better I will start another one for us in this group. And make sure whatever diet you are on to drink lots of water!

Sharon:
Glad you had a great Christmas and New Years with your family. With Dick and I both being so sick we didn't get to go downstate and see all of our family like we planned ... I will get started on that baby blanket for Tracey as soon as I get to feeling better - still have a ways to go I'm afraid.

Well, time to go lay back down ... I'll check back later .. or tomorrow. Hope we hear from everyone soon!

Later....
Love, CJ
Old 01-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

hey!!! i'm liz, and im SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready 2 lose as well. my mom is dieting with me, but its always good 2 know there are SOOOOOO many others out there trying to do the same thing, and it's not just me!!! ive been perfect on my diet for 3 days now. ive lost 4lbs already, but clearly its water weight. lol.

I HOPE U FEEL BETTER SOON CJ!!! <3
Old 01-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #7  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Welcome Liz!

Hi Liz,
A great big welcome to our group. You will love it here. That is great that your Mom is doing this with you as well. What kind of program are you following? Gosh you have lost 4 lbs already? With the holidays just barely over too. Congratulations to you, keep up the great work. You certainly seem to have a lot of motivation, I can just tell it in your posting. Looking forward to getting to know you, post again and let us know more about yourself. I just know you will fit right in.

CJ-Hey lady, I tried to call you a couple of nights ago to thank you so much for your packages. I just loved the book and the Angel you send in memory of my brother, Jerry and Ken's sister Carol is beautiful. Did you get my email I sent last night? Hope so. Hope you are feeling better soon and back to your old self.

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 01-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Happy New Year!

Hi all,

Mom, Hannah, and I are all sick. Just colds and upper respitory (hope that is spelled right-lol) stuff. Had to take mom to the ER for her illness. She doesn't have insurance nor the money to go to the doctor, so this is the only was she can get treated. Anyway, she got a breathing treatment done in the ER because her oxygen levels in her blood were low, but her X-rays camse back as her lungs were clear so that is good news. She got a dose of prednisone (I didn't tell her it was a steroid they were giving her or she would of refused it) and a prescription for 5 more pills to take the next 5 days to open up her airways. Hannah ran a fever yesterday, and has a cough/stuffy nose, but seems better today (at least no fever). Me-I have a cough/stuffy nose/sneezing. All that fun stuff.

I am down to 4 days a week at my primary job, so I am thankful I have my part-time job at H&R Block. I was sitting here at the computer trying to figure out how to juggle the money I do have to pay the gas and water bills, and make a house payment. Wishing there was a way to "rob Peter without paying Paul." lol

I have a new job at my primary job now. It's a coordinator job and I will be doing data entry most of the day. It's good that I won't have to be on my feet as much, nor will I have to be up and down ladders as much, either. But--and it's a bad but--I won't be as active so I am afraid my weight will go up instead of at least staying steady. If I had the money, I thought of joining curves or the YMCA. Might try the Y as they have assistance for low-income people, and last time I only had to pay $20 a month for my daughters membership. If I am the only one that joins right now, maybe it won't cost me much more as I don't really have it to spend. But I need to do something to make sure I don't get back up in the 220's or so I have been before. My health would improve (as my energy level) if I could lose weight.

Guess that is all for now.

Kim
Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #9  
CJ

Good morning everyone! I am slowly - oh so slowly - starting to feel better from my bout of sickness .. but it's been rough.

Liz:
Welcome to the group! And thanks for the get-well wishes. Congrats to you on losing the 4 lbs alrelady! Good job.

Sharon:
Sorry I missed your phone call ... I will get back to you this week - now that I can talk a bit better. I'm going to go to Curves today .. not feeling top notch yet, but I miss going so much. I probably won't go the full circuit tho. But just need to get back in the habit of going every day again. Talk to you soon - that's if I can catch you with your busy busy schedule!

Kim:
Sorry to hear you and your family are sick too ... I sure hope it is not the same thing I have cuz it is nasty! Get well soon! And ... good luck on your new job!

OK girls ... it's Monday so I am off now to start the new thread for this week! See you there!

Love, CJ
Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #10  
CJ

STOP! PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW THREAD FOR THIS WEEK TO POST - WEEKLY CHIT-CHAT (JAN 8 THRU JAN 14) ...... SEE YOU THERE!
Closed Thread