3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Support Board 12/11 to 12/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/99628-sugarbusters-support-board-12-11-12-31-a.html)

Ellen 12-11-2006 06:59 AM

Sugarbusters Support Board 12/11 to 12/31

:ginger::wreath:Welcome to Sugarbusters!:wreath::ginger:

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...78#post1494078

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Ellen 12-11-2006 09:47 AM

:candy: Good morning! It is going to get busier and busier for each of us, so I made the executive decision to just leave the thread going for the rest of the month. It is only about three weeks, and at the rate we are going, we might make it to four pages by then! I need to get some shopping done, and I am dragging my feet. I also need to ship stuff to my sisters, and I really don't feel like making a decision about what. And time is running out....

Where did November go? It seems like just yesterday, we were celebrating our anniversary in early September!!

Ok, enough whining. I did not weigh in this morning. Just did not think about it. Until I get my thyroid meds worked out, however, it usually is very depressing, so I won't even worry about it.

Off to get some breakfast! I will be back later!
:ginger::wreath::gift2::tree::han::stardav:

Melf 12-11-2006 11:05 AM

Good Morning! Hope all had a good week end. This is starting week 3 for me to be back on track & I'm pleased with myself for sticking it out in view of all the temptations I have faced with the holiday parties & such.

Monet, it saddens me to see so little involvement on the board. I will try my best to check in every day. I think keeping this tread going for the rest of the month may not be a bad idea. Thanks for doing what you do to keep it going.

Ellen 12-11-2006 11:13 AM

MELF: I agree..it is sad to see it so slow! It usually does slow down this time of year anyway, but it has been really slow here. I think SB is just not a popular diet anymore..most folks have jumped on the South Beach wagon instead. If things don't pick up some in January, I will really be sad! :yes: Way to go on staying OP! That is awesome! Now, me...the thyroid med issue is really throwing me a curve. I am not eating badly, but the weight just keeps creeping up. :cry:

ThinWithin225 12-11-2006 12:49 PM

I am home today with two sick kids. We've already been to the doctor and they both have ear infections/fluid in ears. At least it's not contagious, so they cango back to school tomorrow as long as they are doped up on Motrin and ear drops, etc. I feel kinda bad though, I'm taking a personal day on Wednesday to finish up everything I need to do for Christmas, so this will be a very short week for me.

I cleaned out my refridgerator last night and you would not believe the out of date and unused stuff I threw away. It looks empty now. I am going shopping tomorrow and will load up on veggies, beans etc. I figure I've got three weeks to get a head start on my New Year's resolution! If I could actually carry through on it, I would have to come up with a new one rather than "losing weight"!

heartmom 12-11-2006 01:05 PM

Hey, guys. Well, I had a relapse yesterday and blew it BIG TIME. Ahhh...back to the drawing board today. I have a sugar hangover today. I feel so tired and fatigued. I know it's from all the crap I ate yesterday. I'm not weighing until Friday and I hope it will be back to 162 by then. I got up early this morning(4:45) and started exercising at 5:20. It takes me a good 30 minutes to wake up and that was with the help of an energy drink this AM. If I don't do anything else productive today at least I will have that behind me. I'm avoiding starches today because of the fluid retention. My menu is a little strict but oh, well. I know what I need to do to reset my sugar levels.

Post-workout: 2 clementines and 4 oz lite yogurt
BF: protein shake made with water
Snack: 14 almonds
Lunch: tuna salad(LS can tuna, lite mayo, onion, 1 boiled egg), and celery sticks
Snack: either a grapefruit or yogurt
Supper: rump roast, steamed brocolli, and canned asparagus(they'll be having some mac n cheese)

Alright, gotta run!

Solly 12-11-2006 03:13 PM

Just a quickie. Being off 2 days really messes up your schedule. I am swamped. Supposed to be off Friday, but at this rate, don't see it happening.

My scale was up 12 pounds since last Wed. I am taking the diuretics today and running to the potty. I hate this. There are so many temptations this time of year.

Melf, WTG on sticking to the program. You are an inspiration.

Monet, thanks for starting the board and taking care of us. I hate it too, even though the diet may not be poplar, the support is still great. I will try to get here every day.

Thin, hope the kids get better quickly. I think I am done shopping. Maybe just some little things.

Heart, hang in there, I am right with you. Back on track.

Got to run. :wave: to everyone.

Ellen 12-11-2006 03:40 PM

Breezing back through here while I wait on my student to arrive. We finish up the silk painted scarf today. Then, I don't know what we will do. Maybe another one if she is excited about it. I need to ask the mom for $$ and I hate doing that! :( She paid in a lump sum and it is now used up.

Eating today has been legal but too much. I feel gross, but I think that is the Byetta. Sometimes, I HATE taking that stuff. I hate feeling nauseated.

Not much else to report...so will check in later!

techwife 12-11-2006 04:57 PM

Hi there...just a quick check in. Derek's been working on the computer, so time is limited, to say the least. Both the kids have hand, foot and mouth disease. Bleh. It sounds like they've been chewing on their toenails and got sick or something. Kyle's actually over it, but Shelely just started yesterday. Poor lil guys.

Okay..back later...Kris

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-11-2006 05:31 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/christmas1/1.gif EVENING EVERY BUDDY!! http://bestsmileys.com/christmas1/17.gif

Just got home from taking Kate to the DOC'S office and he said everything is looking really good. She has to go back on Friday, but my Brother will be here and he can take her. That will save me from taking time off again. She has another appointment on Monday and I'll go in early to get her there.

MONET....GOOD IDEA about keeping the thread open. Did your student show up?

LAURIE...Now...what did you eat???

JACK....did y'all lay drunk in LORETTA? Did you have a good time...Tell me all about it!

MELF...Are you cold down there?

THIN. Sorry the KIDDO'S are sick...I hate ear infections! Enjoy your Wednesday!!

KRIS.....:wave:

I'm off to fix supper......

BOB

techwife 12-11-2006 06:27 PM

Monet: Be sure and post a picture of Kaeleb in his hat. Whichever fits him. I sent two, not knowing how big his head is these days. Baby heads tend to grow fast. :fr:

Bob: I got some new yarn today! I have LOTS of little projects to tend to. Kyle wants me to make him some scarves and hats for school. And I'm making baby sweaters for our Fort Drum (Army) families. I'm a crocheting maniac!

Solly: You're right...temptation is HEAVY this time of year. You know, they now have Hershey's Cherry Codial Kisses. They are SO good. I"m so mad I bought the bag.

Thin: I clean out my fridge every other week when I grocery shop. I make a big project out of it and windex the shelves and it looks empty to me, too, even though I've just shopped. But at least everything in it is edible.

Melf: Good for you for sticking to it...especially this time of year!! That is a real accomplishment!!

Okay...off to sit in the recliner and whip up a hat or two or work on my baby sweater. Will be back later!! Or maybe tomorrow...

Kris

Toni48 12-11-2006 07:04 PM

Good evening all. Its been such a quiet lazy day here at home. It rained last night and today. I made a pot of ham and beans for dinner. They were so good on a cold winter's night. Got the tree up today and the gifts around it. I think it looks nice. Its a charlie brown tree for sure. We thought about digging the big old one out but just haven't got the energy. I could have eaten better today and am disappointed in myself. Will go for now and finish up here on the computer. Theres still some Christmas stuff to get out. :snow4:

Toni48 12-11-2006 09:35 PM

Found this over at the sweet sence board. Sugarfree Low-Carb Almond Cookies

1/2 cup splenda
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

heat oven to 300. Mix together all ingredients and spray cooking spray onto cookie sheet. Roll 1" balls
and place on sheet. Press a fork into each one (like a peanut butter cookie). Bake for 17 min.
Cool and enjoy! 1 carb per cookie.

fruitloupe 12-11-2006 09:55 PM

Hey Gals...

I'm happy to report - I did pretty good with my eating today!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well.

We have our wake tomorrow and funeral Wednesday for Terry's cousin. I'm not looking forward to it because I'm sure it will be an extremely emotional day.

I'll check back in when I can!

Love you all!
Missy

SillyFluff 12-11-2006 11:27 PM

Hey ladies.

I am alive I promise. Things have been so hectic around here trying to prepare for finals and orientation for UNCW and whatnot. I just haven't had time to post. But I'm doing ok. I haven't weighed. I'm afraid to because I haven't been eating that great. Seems I'm always eating on the run. Anyhoo. I'm off. Just wnated to post really quick to let yall know I was thinking about you. I gotta get to bed. My math final is tomorrow.

WIsh me luck
Fluff