Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 11/20 to 11/26

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...39#post1476939

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 11-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

Happy Monday...my scale remains on the fritz, as does my ability to weigh myself.

Small moment for a rant. Today is Shelley and Kyle's Parent Teacher conferences. I've given up my right to breathe today because the only pants I own that don't have holes in the knees is a pair of 'relaxed' fit jeans from Levi's. Tell me...how many women do you know who's figure actually goes IN at the waist? My shape is one of an egg. So, in these jeans, I have plenty of room in my a$$ and thighs, but then the jeans go in at the waist, which pulls them up so that I have a denim-clad vagina on display for the world and I can't pull the jeans down a bit to give the crotch area some room because of the waist. Oh, and did I mention how much this enhances the rolls on my stomach? So...

In a rare moment yesterday after one too many days with Derek with my holey jeans, Derek took me to Penney's and suggested I buy some new jeans. This is what they have there: Relaxed fit jeans. And low rise jeans so that when I sit down on the floor with the kids, half of my underwear shows. I don't wear a thong and I dont' have one of those fancy tatoos on my lower back to show off, so when I sit down, it's nice to have my pants stay on my a$$!! Also, with the low rise jeans...I'd like to know what genius decided women's butts look nice with the pockets half on the a$$ and half on the back of the thigh? It is SOOO unflattering. Especially when the actual top of the jeans doesn't quite cover my large a$$. Oh...then there's my other pet peeve...stretch jeans. Yes, these are comfortable, but when I see what they look like...its like I've been painted with denim.

I have two pairs of Old Navy jeans that are my holey jeans. Actually I think one of them is from Lerner's. But that was 7 years ago and the Lerner's store is no longer here. But they don't make that style of jeans at Old Navy anymore. You can only get the kind that is totally unflattering. Go to Penney's and you only get the kind that deprives you of your basic right to breath oxygen and puts your crotch on display and makes your hips look gigantic because they are very skinny at the ankle. I really want boot-cut...just below the waist...non stretch jeans...with the pockets centered firmly in the middle of my fanny. Is that so hard? Anyone know where I can find any?

Okay...rant over. Will be back much later on today...I have a very busy day ahead of me.

Bye!!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #3  

I should be doing laundry and cleaning. Instead, I am killing time reading old emails, blogs, etc.

TECH: Gosh, I don't know. I buy all my clothes at WalMart! They are cheap. I got a pair of jeans there that I totally love...with a bit of elastic in the back for comfort. I hate anything low cut, and they have to be rather roomy all over, or I won't wear them. I much prefer knit pants, but they are SO old lady....which I AM, but I like to think I am more hip than most women my age, ya know?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies

Happy to report the MM stayed the same as Friday. I can't remember what it was last Monday, I think about 2 lbs more, but hey, I'm happy with Friday's wt after my Friday night. Where does the willpower go? aI did get up early this morning and go 23 minutes on the Should make it to the gym tonight hopefully.

Busy weekend. We put up our outside lights and got our tree up and decorated. I won't turn anything on until after

Someone brought in a peanutbutter pie. Luckily, it looks nasty to me. I only like small bits of pb and this is way to rich. So easy for me to bypass.

Monet, I don't blame you putting off the laundry and cleaning. Something I hate to do too. Luckily, my DH does most of the laundry and runs the vacumn for me too.

Tech, I was ROTFLMAO with that visual you gave me. I just got some at Penney's. They are low rise, after wearing them that way, I can't stand anything on my stomach. I have to make sure my A$$ doesn't show. Look around, they should have something you can wear. Good luck at the conferences. I'm sure both will be great.

BOB, You shouldn't have to wrry about the Cats Saturday. They barely won Sat. My DD & SIL are going to the game.

Got to get busy. have a great day.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #5  

Quick fly-by!! I took the kids to their appts this morning. Sean will cut his dose of topamax in half till Christmas break then try going with out it!! Yea! Rachel did not get her second HPV shot today. When we got back to the exam room, they realized they were out of it in their office . So now we have to go back again, which is fine, but you know.... I am in the middle of majorly cleaning my kitchen so I better get back to it before I lose my will power!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #6  

Hey Ladies. Forgot to weigh in this morning. I'll do it tomorrow, but I'm expecting to be royally disappointed. The kids have been sick and I've hardly been able to work out.

I've made my Cranberry sauce with splenda, and the pies will be tonight, too. I'll let you know how they are!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #7  

Well, I cut up and cooked one of the seven pumpkins. I got 16 cups of pumpkin puree from it. And it is just a medium pumpkin! I am going to have to give it away. If everyone of the dang pumpkins makes that much, my freezer is going to be totally full of pumpkin and I will be able to open a pumpkin pie factory.

I feel totally wretched. I shot my Byetta, then got a phone call and almost forgot to eat. BIG mistake! Tom was at a meeting and got home late. I think we will have a cup of sleepytime tea, then head to bed. I sure am tired!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #8  

Wow, were is everyone today?

Got to the gym last night. Woke up at 3:30 and could not go back to sleep. DH left at 4:15 and I was still awake. I decided to go to the gym at 5:00 so I layed there waiting to get up and get dressed,well I fell asleep and woke up with the alarm. It was too late to go to the gym or get onthe I was bummed. Wish I had gotten up when I wanted to. If I get there tonight, I will have to go by myself as DH is too tired after working such long days and DD is going out. It is hard to make myself go alone.

Thin, Did Sean lose wt on the Topomax? Good news that they can cut it.

Talitha, sorry everyone is sick. Get them well for turkey day.

Monet, Sorry your meds made you sick. Got to pay attention to you.

Have a great day.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WHERE IS EVERY BUDDY???

AFTERNOON!!!!

I left Kate at the EYE DOC and came home to do dishes etc. It's pretty cool here and has been for the past two or three days. Cool enough to have the heat on. Constant breeze (sometimes heavy) from the GULF makes it feel even cooler than it really is.

I think I have everything I need from the Grocery for tomorrow. I usually cook my turkey overnight at 250 degrees. This year, I'm only fixing thighs so I won't cook anything until tomorrow.

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. One of my good friends daughter is getting married out on Long Boat Key and Myself and my friend Debbie will be going to the late afternoon shindig. It's going to be quite the event and I don't have any shoes! It's too cool to wear the sandles that I have, and my BIRKS just won't do. I guess I'll have to venture out on Friday to find something comfy...

I'm off to get something done...

BOB
Old 11-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #10  

Quiet day here in SB land....

I ran a few errands...like to the bank, and Costco. I went later than I had intended. I was up at 6, and just felt so tired I went back to bed at about 7. I slept until almost 9:30! It sure felt good!

James is taking a shower, then we are going for a walk. I have pulled leftover roast beef out of the freezer for dinner, and will make them instant mashed potatoes and some gravy. I will probably make broccoli or brussel sprouts as well.

I had low blood sugar this morning, which always makes me feel so tired all day. I am having a hard time bouncing back today. I think the lower dose of thyroid meds is beginning to cause problems. And they want me to wait another month and a half before they check the levels...I SOOO need a new doctor!

I played with Kaeleb for a while today. He is so cute. He LOVES music. I select a variety of songs to play and hold him on my lap where we bounce to the music. He sits very attentively, listening, and will look up at me and grin. One of our favorites is the Muppet Movie song, Moving Right Along. Never fails to get a look of wonder out of him! I need to post some new pictures. He has always had a mature look about him. He is going to be quite a handsome young man. His eyes are almost totally brown now, and look a lot like his daddy's. Justin can give you a pleading type look that reminds me of Puss In Boots from Shrek...looks like Kaeleb is going to have it too!

I need to go bundle up for the walk, so will check in later!

Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #11  

I went to the doctor this morning for six month bloodwork. Thyroid, cholesterol, etc. The we went to lunch with my oldest sister, then to buy car tags. We also went to Target to get dvd's that Craig wants for his birthday Sunday. Now I am washing clothes and running the dishwasher. I am hoping to stay home tomorrow and get ther rest of my house cleaning done so we can start our Christmas decorating.

Dinner tonight was steak, red beans with rice and salad. I didn't feel like a salad, but had some raw broccoli and cherry tomatoes. It was very good, though I'm sure my portions were off. I so need to get back under control, if I ever was in control. I think I am going to try a couple of the ideas from the recent book I read. One that I want to try at least for the short term is eating a small 1 cup portion of soup 20 min before your meal so you are already somewhat "full" before you even eat. I am so prone to just feel so hungry all of the time that I think if I could be a little more satisfied I could keep my head on straight and choose wisely rather than being starving and eating everything in sight. There is a recipe for a veggie soup in there that looks very good and is just chicken broth and vegetables, tomatoes, onion, pepper, cabbage, etc. I am going to try it and see if I can tell a difference and it helps. If not I will try something else. I figure, in any event, veggies would certainly be better than crackers or chips or something like that. I have four good weeks before Christmas and I would love to see something lower on the scale as a present to myself!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I just realized that I was a day ahead of myself! If it hadn't been for one of my TV shows not coming on, I would have gotten up in the morning and started cooking!

JACK..sorry you didn't get to the gym..take a good walk and it will make up for it. How come DH is working such long days? Are you ready for TURKEY DAY? You cooking?

THIN...hope the blookwork comes back good.

I found a job at the hospital that I'm going to bid on. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. I'm just not happy at the job I have now. I thought it was going to be such a good move for me, but not so.

I'm off to watch some TV..Everyone have a great evening!

BOB
Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #13  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone. I went to the mall with the kids to get their pictures taken and then had lunch with them, then we saw Flushed Away at the movies, then we went and got groceries, then had a big, embarassing rant at the gas station because it was PACKED and everytime I moved to go to a pump that had vacated, someone would swoop in from nowhere right in front of me and then I'd lose the spot I had in the first place. I ended up leaving with my window open yelling at everyone. I think my period is on it's way.

Anyhow...the kids had their parent/teacher conferences and Shelley is doing FANTASTIC! I even had a long talk with her art teacher about Shelley going to college in six years and what we can do now to get her on the right track. She suggested FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) and a few other top-notch schools in NYC and advised me to NOT listen to the High School counselors that, for some reason or other, don't like to send art majors to NYC for school. She said that if Shelley wants to break into the fashion industry, she absolutely HAS to attend college in NYC. She mentioned Pratt Institute, Parsons and Cooper Union. Monet, I'm sure you've heard of the places. She also suggested I let Shelley pick out some patterns at JoAnn and some fabric and start getting used to making some clothes for herself...which I thought was a GREAT idea. And she suggested I have Shelley try to replicate the sketched drawing on the front of the pattern for practice in drawing designs. Another great idea. What a difference a great art teacher makes! She also mentioned the importance fo Shelley having the top-notch grades in her class in order to get into these colleges. I know, she's only 12, but now's the time to start setting standards for her, in my opinion. Oh, and Shelley's GPA this semester was 93.8...putting her in High Honor Roll. I'm so proud.

Then there was Kyle's conference. Well, first, the teacher said there wasnt' a mark on the kindergarten report card that is high enough to represent Kyle's high reading fluency. So, the remedial reading teacher came in and said that Kyle is reading at late first grade level...which I already knew, but think he's reading at a higher rate than that, in my opinion...but at least they were positive about that. In all academic areas, Kyle is doing great. It was social and emotional development that the teacher made me feel like Kyle is a social reject. I, literally, wanted to cry when I left. HE said that Kyle, basically, acts like a baby in class...not like any other kids at all. He never listens to instructions and doesn't play well with others. I'm totally dumbfounded by this. I, truly, think he's intimidated by his teacher and doesn't know how to act in class around him. His teacher is real cocky and, I guess, used to be a jock in high school and is the girls varsity baskeball coach. Basically, we want to move. Kyle LOVES school, but maybe because I've been a stay at home mom and didn't dump him into daycare, he's just learning how to play with others at this point. Normally, I wouldn't even be uptight over the conference, but the teacher made me feel like there's something wrong with Kyle, so I think after Thanksgiving break, I'm going to talk to the principal about maybe being able to come in and observe his behavior with my own eyes so I can help to correct it at home. I'm also going to be babysitting a boy in Kyle's class, I think (meaning, I've approached the mom, whom I've known since I was a teenager...but she said she has to discuss it with her husband first) and this boy goes to gymnastics with about half of Kyle's class once a week. The mother's been trying to talk me into having Kyle go to gymnastics, I think, so I can take her son there after school as part of the babysitting because she's sheepish of asking me to drag him there for her...but I'm thinking this might be a good thing for Kyle and his getting more socially with-it with the kids in class. And I think babysitting Jeremy will also help with that. I simply think that Kyle just doesn't know how to blend in with the boys and by acting like a baby, maybe he thinks it's funny. But, you know, I think that Kyle is missing out on some academic opportunities at school because of his babyish behavior in school, so I really want to nip this in the bud NOW. But I want to discuss with the principal maybe coming in and reading stories to the class and maybe helpign with some cool experiments that come in Kyle's science books. Just a couple times a month so I can witness what it is they're talking about because we don't see this happening at home at ALL. If it doesn't change soon, we're moving. And I mean that. You know, I've been hearing absolute horror stories about our high school that Shelley's goign to be goign to in two years (I just have to make sure and get Mrs. Menton's phone number for my personal rolodex...the art teacher...we don't want to lose track of her!!). I've heard the teachers are horrible and the office staff is rude and that the drugs are rampant! BUT the next district over, the school is K-12 in one building and everytime I hear words about this school, it's always good news and glowing reports. So, we're considering buying our land in that school district instead. It'd be nice for Shelley and Kyle to ride the bus together, I think. And no stress about having to go to a different building for Junior High and all that. AND, the land for sale in that town is FABULOUS!!

Anyhow...while at the mall yesterday, I popped in the Gap to look at jeans, found a pair I liked and nearly fainted at teh $58 price tag!!!! So, I promptly put them back. I know, you have to pay for quality, but that's just off the charts. I think paying $30 is hefty. So, I went to Sears and found some boot-cut...just below the waist...in a nice color, but when I put them on...stretch pants. And they didn't cover my underwear and when I squated down, out came my fanny! Gosh I hate that!! But, I have plans next week to go look for jeans at the mall and maybe sit and read the YOU on a Diet book in Borders while drinking coffee again. Really, I did that a few weeks ago...my first visit to a Border's with no children EVER. I so enjoyed it. Just me, coffee and endless books to browse through.

Okay...I have massive cleaning to get to. Talk to you sugar bustin buddies later on!!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #14  

Goodness, this is almost embarrassing! It is Wednesday and we are still on page 1!

I have a pumpkin roasting in the oven. I did the pressure cooker route, and thought I would try this and see if it is easier. I bought whole wheat frozen pie crusts at Whole Foods last night and am planning on making a few pumpkin pies for tomorrow. I am going to use agave in them to make it legal. I still have not put my hands on my legal pecan pie recipe. I need to though, because it is Tom's favorite pie. I am also committed to making an apple pie for Justin. With that one, I will make my own pie crust, since the last time I made an apple pie with frozen crusts, everyone complained the top did not 'fit' properly! On the agenda for today is also the cornbread dressing. I don't want to have too much to cook tomorrow, but I have NO room in the fridge for all this stuff. I need a second fridge!

I need to get off here and work!

TECH: The art teacher is right...if Shelley wants to break into the fashion industry, FIT is THE school to go to. My older daughter considered fashion as a career, but after researching it, and checking out a few schools, she decided to take a different route. It is VERY hard to make it in fashion. Out of thousands of hopefuls, only a handful make it. It is as difficult to 'make it' in fashion as it is to become a Hollywood star. One of my son's friends went to FIT, but never finished...the stress was more than she could handle. If it truly is Shelley's dream, then preparing now may give her an edge. I think if she develops interest in something else, I would encourage it more though. Just my opinion...
Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

It is a quiet day here. Most everyone is either off or out of the office. Sort of nice.

Did not get to the gym. I cleaned out my closet instead. Up and down the ladder about 10 times should count as something. It is supposed to warm up to the high 50's and low 60's the rest of the week. I will get some walks in I hope. We will shop all day Friday. I think I'm getting to old to fight the crowds. Really only the parking bothers me. I did get up this morning and got 20 minutes on the

Bob, no, I'm not cooking. My sister has and I have I only have to take an appetizer and a bottle of wine. DD is off today and is going to make the appetizer. Hope you find some shoes Friday. it wll be a mad house. I'm confused on the days this week too.

Tech, I'm sorry the conference upset you, but I would be upset too. No one ever likes to hear negative things about their kids. My DH thinks ours our perfect. Ha. He is blinded. They are fantastic kids, but not perfect. I hope you can work something out. It is never to early to expect good grades. Kids live up to what you expect. They don't realize how important good grades are. I was in the book store last night. I love how they smell.

Monet, I bet Thanksgiving dinner at your house is fabulous. You should make your SIL the chef help out. Post some pics of that sweet little baby.

Thin, Did you get good results from your bloodwork. I have my tree up but nothing else. Hope to get it finished this weekend.

I won't be back until Monday. Everyone have a great
Closed Thread