Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 8/14 to 8/20

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...16#post1369316

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 08-14-2006, 06:34 AM   #2  

Exclamation Challenges! Challenges! Challenges!

Move it and lose it! Exercise at LEAST three times, and post it!

Variety is the spice of life! Try a new recipe, and review it for us!

Share a non scale victory this week!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:47 AM   #3  

Default Mmm

MMM is not a good one for me. I am up 2. It may be the serving of ice cream I had last night..but I think my meds need adjusting because my glucose levels have been creeping up.

I slept better last night than usual, and I hate to admit it, but I think it is because I nibbled on a few grapes and some nuts before bedtime. My morning glucose levels were higher than usual, so I am wondering if my sleep problems are related to my sugar problems.

I am going to give a friend a ride to her doctor's appointment this morning. She can not drive due to having had a few seizures. You can't drive until you are six months seizure free. I don't mind driving her around, but I can tell she hates asking.

Kaeleb is doing well. Laura and Justin are so cute with him. I love when Justin starts schooling me in how to take care of him. I listen attentively. It never occurs to them I might not need to be instructed in how to hold him, burp him, etc. I guess I was that way when I had mine.

I need some espresso this morning, so I am off to fix myself a cup.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #4  

What a great grandma! I wish my MIL had been that good with me and my kids when they were babies. She did not hesitate to let me know that she knew what she was doing and half the time indicated that I was stupid at the same time. Things are better now. I let half of what she says just float through, if you know what I mean!

MMM was not good, but better than last week. We had a cookout yesterday at MIL for a nephews birthday. I did not make the best choices, though I think it could have been worse. I will wait a couple of days and see if the number is any better, then will update my ticker if needed.

Have a great op week! (I'm planning and trying to!)
Old 08-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

Small rant warning!! Okay...so, I'm a hairdresser. I LOVE doing hair...IN A SALON!! Since about 1981, my HUGEST pet peeve is doing hair in my house. I can't emphasize the word hate quite enough to express how I truly feel about it. I hate hair in my house...I hate hair in my bra...I hate having to clean my house so someone can come in and get their hair done...I hate being someplace and having someone randomly ask me when I can cut their hair (like when I'm bowling, when I'm teaching Sunday school). I hate, hate, HATE it. In fact, I actually rented a chair in a styling salon specifically so that when someone asks me, I can say, "I DON'T KNOW...CALL THE SALON" I think I just got burned out after working full time at Penney's, then just about every single night I'd have to cut someone's hair. And I literally mean every single night. So, I rented a chair on my day off from Penney's to do my friends and family in. Thing is, my friends and family didn't want to pay Penney's prices...in fact, they expected to pay much less having it done in their kitchen. Totally, totally annoying to me. Almost as annoying is that now that I live here, I have people telling me, "You should start a salon in your house!" I have to take a second to go to my happy place, resist the urge to say, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???" and politely say, "I don't like doing hair in my house, thanks." I mean, even if I had a separate place to do it in the house, and had a carwash-type decompression chamber that hosed me down before I came in the house to keep the hair out of it, I'd never get away from all the "when are you gonna do my hair?!?" requests at all hours and at all occaisions. When I moved here, I was so happy to NOT have any hair to do except my son, husband, daughter and my mom.

So...

Last spring, my friend, Irene's daughter became the French Festival Queen and I offered to do her hair up in an updo...I LOVE updos...no hair on the floor or in my bra and they only happen once in a while and they are totally creative, which I LOVE. So, then she needed her hair up for a military ball and asked if I could do her friend, Nina's hair up, as well. SURE! I LOVE up-do's. So, Nina is the step-daughter of my cousin, Jerry. Jerry just got out of the Army Reserves and is starting to grow his hair longer. So, he called me last week and asked me to cut his hair. I thought...if I do hair like this, I want to do it at the customer's house (note: family is no longer family while they are getting a haircut...they are a CUSTOMER). Problem with this...Jerry's wife is the 'snake lady' of our town. She had cages and tanks upon cages and tanks of SNAKES all over her house. I'm NOT cutting anyone's hair THERE!! So, over he comes...of course, I have hair in my hosue and hair in my bra. SO mad. THEN, my Aunt and Uncle just moved a few miles from my house in a summer home. Next mistake I made...telling my Aunt that I cut Jerry's hair last week. This morning...Aunt Barb calls..."Can you cut my hair?" Okay...go to my happy place...take a deep breath. "Sure...when...?" Well, how 'bout an hour? SIGH!! So...here I am...doing hair in my HOUSE AGAIN!! Since I'm doing Jerry's hair in my house, I should be doing her hair in my house again. So...UGH! I had to take a shower because we've been in the boat all weekend and now when she leaves, I have to mop my front porch and take another shower to get the the HAIR OUT OF MY BRA!!! And then wash my clothes. I HATE HAIR IN MY BRA!! So, I'm thinking of renting a chair on Saturday's again to do these people's hair. I mean, if I'm going to do this, I might as well put out the word that I'm doing hair and start a mini clientele. Its making me mental. I'd rather paint someone's house or shingle their roof or mow their lawn or maybe be invited over for LUNCH!

Okay...not looking for suggestions or advice...I just needed to rant. Derek and Shelley don't understand and think I'm insane. "It's just a haircut and it's only hair in your bra..." No...it's like little microscopic RAZORS in my bra. Anyhow...I have to clean my house now for my Aunt to come over. I held her off till noon. I hope she at least lets me do something creative to her hair.

Will be back later for replies. I just can't believe I've let myself be talked into doing hair at home again. I wish I could kick myself in the fanny.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #6  

We took my boy to college yesterday. I feel completely heartbroken. How am I going to get thru this? KayeC
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #7  

Good morning all.... I'm down 2 lbs. that means I'm back to my ticker weight. I'm so happy and it starts the week out good for me. I've got to watch my portions. I think I'm loading my plate to much. Just had shredded wheat and bran cereal with 1/2 of banana on it.

Monet- Oh gal you sound like the best Mom. I'm sure you're loving that little Grandson. I hope you get your meds adjusted...

Thin- Bet you're down later in the week. Its hard to do a cook out and stay OP when theres lots of other stuff around.

Tech- Sorry you're having to do hair in your house. Sounds awful to me too.

Well off I'm going. Got to get the bed made and dressed....
Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

Sure hope everyone had a great weekend.

My non scale victory is last week I got 6 days of exercise. 4 days at the gym and Sat got a 3 mile walk and last night a 1 mile walk. Our paper had 2 exercises you can do in a chair to work on your inner and outer thighs. I am going to try them while I am working today. Mine really need it.

MMM has me down 1.5 since last Monday. Had a 2.4 loss at WW on Sat so I am happy. It is slow going with these meds, but I am happy that every Monday I am down instead of being back up what I lost the previous week. That roller coaster was getting old.

Monet, kids are so funny, they forget you raised them plus some. Of course they will have different ideas and think you don't know a thing. All the things we did, back then, have changed. They have so many new ideas. But lots of love will usually do the trick. Sure hope you can get your meds regulated soon. Sorry about the gain.

Bob, Oh yes, DH wants to go to the game. We have 4 tickets here at work and are in the B&W suite. It's a game I would rather watch at home, alone. 98% of our friends are UL fans so it is not a fun time for us when we lose.

Fruit, OK did you stay to the 1 dacquiri? I'm glad the parent responded in a favorably way. Nothing worse than starting the year out on the wrong foot. I suggest you and terry work out together. Take some toys for Alexa and head on up there. You could get some exercise ideas out of magazines. One I recommend is Fitness. I have 2 bulging dics and 1 herniated one. So every now and then, my back really bothers me and the epidurals really help.

Talitha. I didn't know you were homeschooling. Do you have to have any training for that or any certifications? I can't believe you are already down to your pre-pregnancy wt. That is awesome.

Thin. Try to be prepared for those cookouts then you can make some better choices. We had one Sat and I took my ww bun and some chips and a salad for me and took a carton of potato salad for the others. Hope you see a loss this week.

Toni, Congrats on your loss and back to your ticker wt. That is great. I need to fix mine.

KayeC, You will get through this. In fact, you will probably love him being gone. Time is the answer. My DD went away to college (only 1 hour away). She called every night (girls are more apt to call more than boys). But after awhile we got used to her being gone and when she came home, it disruppted our routine. Of course we missed her, but it is good for them and you. Not sure if you are married, but if so, this is a good time to get "re-acquainted" with your DH.

Tech, I know you are not looking for advice, but let me tell you about my hairdresser. She has 3 little ones and cuts hair every day in her kitchen. She has an appt book and schedules appts until 2:00. One weekend a month, she doesn't do hair. I figure if she does 5 cuts/colors a day she is making close to 200-300 a day. Times 5 days or 7 days. She is raking in some big money, tax free. Maybe you should consider making a spot somewhere in your house and cut while the kids are in school only. You can wear an apron to keep the hair out of your bra. Maybe you should give it some consideration.

Anyone know of a banana bread/muffin recipe with ww flour?

Got to run. Have a great day.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #9  

I am back from my chauffering. We came here when we got back so she could meet the little man. He was awake and happy too, so she got to see him at his best. I got to lug him around for a bit before he started getting fussy and wanted to eat so I passed him back off to his mother. Grandparenthood is marvelous! When they get fussy, its not your problem! If their diaper is wet, its not your problem!

KAYE: Aw, I know it hurts. You miss him! And once they go off to college, its hard to ignore they are almost totally gone from the nest! I don't know what to say, except hang in there. Having adult kids has it's own rewards. Do something nice for yourself to celebrate successfully raising one fledgling to the point he can begin to soar on his own.

TECH: Next time someone asks you to cut their hair tell them your carpal tunnel is acting up, and you are taking a break from cutting hair until it feels better. I love having my diabetes to beg off making cakes. I had someone call me to ask me to make her a cake who I had not talked to in at LEAST 15 years! She was SO disappointed when I told her no. Another guy who used to live here, but has been a missionary in China emailed me to ask me to make him a cake for when they were going to be in town. I told him no too. I can relate to your rant. Making cakes is messy. You have all these little pots of different color icing to clean up...I hate it.

I need to run by the credit union, so I better get off here and get that done.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #10  

Solly- I have a recipe for a cinnamon banana snack cake at home, but it will be after 4pm before I can post it.

Kaye- My oldest just started high school this year. I'm already dreading him going to college. I know it will be great for him though. Maybe time to take up a new hobby?

Monet-I'm going to try to meet those challenges. Last week I got in 6 days of exercise!

Tech- Good luck with the hair situation! Maybe you could get a booth either at home or at a salon a couple mornings a week after Kyle goes to school?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

TECH- Have a margarita and all will be well,lol. Sorry, had to see the humor in it. Hope you feel better now.

Well, guys I didn't make it. The weekend was not OP. I "was" doing good until yesterday when I went hogwild I totally blew it in a huge way...AGAIN. I had Wendy's, cookies, lots of movie popcorn , more cookies, you getting the pic? Not good. And the scale reflects. Up 4(huge sigh). Alas, I wonder if I will ever learn. But I don't give up. Back on the wagon today. I got up at 4:40 this AM and started my workout at 5:10(took 30 min for my eyeballs to open,lol). I did the 4 mile since I really need to sweat out some salt from all that popcorn yesterday(and some calories,too.). BF- was egg whites and spinach cooked in 1 tsp mac nut oil and 2 slice LS bacon. Snack will be a large grapefruit. For lunch I made a sandwich(2 sl ww bread, lite mayo, lettuce, tomato, LS turkey, and a slice of chipolte cheddar cheese) and cherry tomatoes and cukes in vinegar on the side. Afternoon snack will be yogurt. Supper will only be a protein shake and boiled egg. My total calories won't be more than 1100 which is normally too low..but I'm trying to give myself a boost today(just for today). Since I had time this morning I made the rest of the family's supper..Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni. It looked really yummy with a can of corn in it(gasp) and they will have garlic toast with it. I try to keep something like that in the pantry for when I want to eat light and SB friendly and they just want some grub,lol. Well, back to the drawing board! Have a good day.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #12  

Good morning all. Today is my first MMM after baby, since last week I weighed on Wednesday, and I'm down 3 1/2 lbs!! I feel great. My incision and my belly are still very sore. I'm having a hard time trying not to lift things but I've been doing the best I can with Trav out of town. I'm facing the fact that life is really going to be different now. Going from 1 to 2 kids was easy. Three is going to be more of a challenge, but I think it's more about finances and transportation that I'm worried right now. It'll all work out.

I'm so proud of myself. Last night someone brought us taco stuff with black beans and rice for dinner, along with a bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies. Still warm, too. I made myself a taco salad and didn't eat any rice or tortillas, only 5 chips crumbled on my salad. And then I allowed myself 1 cookie and sent Travis out to sit on the porch with a friend with all of the rest. I wouldn't let them back in the house with the cookies.

Did I mention that Travis was able to come home yesterday? He's working today and will leave again tomorrow, but it's still nice to have him home. ANd perfect timing. I wnet to the grocery store at midnight, but who cares. It was ALONE!!!! Ahhh... that was nice.

I'm starting to use Fitday again to keep track of my eating. Monet, amI allowed to add the link to my siggy so that you guys can critique me?

MONET- You are such a good grandma. There's nothing better than that to boost LAura's confidence in her own mothering. Go on and spoil that kid rotten!

Tech- Having been a hairdresser for awhile ( I didn't finish my apprenticeship) I get asked to do hair all of the time when people don't have the $$ to get a haircut. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I hate it in my house. and it IS like razors in your bra!!!!!

KayeC- I'm so sorry. (((HUG))) It's hurts to let them grow up, and mine are still babies... sigh..
Old 08-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #13  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

TOTAL DRIVE BY!!!

THIN...DID YOU SEE THE RECIPE ON THE LAST PAGE OF SUNDAY'S POSTS???

BOB
Old 08-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #14  

TALITHA: Yes, Fitday is an ok link. Your personal weightloss blog is an ok link as well.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #15  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, haircuts are done and I'm $20 richer for it. I still hate doing hair at home. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if people just were honest and said, "I want my haircut and don't want to make an appointment at a salon and pay salon prices." If they just said, "I want my haircut and don't want to pay a lot, so I'll settle for you." I'd be happier. So annoying. Anyhow...I love my Aunt and Uncle, and I"m happy to see them anyhow. I had to shake out my bra, though, because I couldn't find my other one. But they didn't leave till 2, so there went my momentum to clean the house. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm working on laundry instead.

Okay...for breakfast I had cereal with bananas, lunch I had a ham and cheese sandwich on WW, Kyle wanted pancakes for lunch, so I added some walnuts and blueberries to the last of the batch for myself...WW pancakes. For dinner I'm having salmon cooked in an aluminum foil pack with lemon, garlic, rosemary and olive oil with summer squash on the side. Maybe a salad to go with it and some cantaloupe.

Well, on the upside, my baton finally came in the mail!! It's a tiny bit too long for me, though, but I'm working with it. I can't wait to start baton lessons!! I'm also done with you-know-who's baby blanket. I just have to tie off and tuck in the ends.

Talitha: WTG with the taco stuff. And I imagine three would be a real adjustment! But not as much as going from zero kids to one! Now there's an adjustment!!

Laurie: Margaritas sound fabulous!! Maybe I'll make some later after dinner! And don't sweat it with the food. You still look great to me!!

Monet: When I'm a gramma I want to be just like you!! Wonderful and supportive, but not a know-it-all. I hate know-it-all grammas. I don't think I could pull off the carpal tunnel thing, though...my family would know I don't have that. Gawd forbid...I wouldn't be able to crochet anymore!!

Solly: Wow, you're hairdresser must charge a lot for a cut/color! I've thought about it, but the town I live in has a lot of hairdressers and they're very competitive. If they found out I was doing hair at home, and possibly taking customers away from them, they would turn me in to the State and the IRS and anyone they could get to get me in trouble. It's not worth it. Same thing with babysitting. The lady around the corner has a gaggle of kids she watches and the other babysitter around town turned her it to the state and Sally got a fine and had to make adjustments to her house...all because the other sitter didnt' want competition. Peopel are such a pain!! You are doing GREAT with the exercise, by the way. And the scale's showing it, too!!

Toni: Congrats on the 2 lb loss!! That's great!!

Okay...off to start my salmon!! Talk to you guys later on!!
Closed Thread