3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/10 - 4/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/81257-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-4-10-4-16-a.html)

Ellen 04-09-2006 10:07 PM

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/10 - 4/16

:welcome: Welcome to Sugarbusters! :welcome:

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81256

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Ellen 04-10-2006 08:02 AM

Challenges!

:carrot: Exercise at least three times and post it!

:carrot::carrot: Plan your menu! Remember, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Set a reward for yourself for a small goal...and share what it is.

We can do this, so let's do it! Make this a great week!

Ellen 04-10-2006 08:08 AM

It is MMM...and I am down 2.5 pounds. While I like how the scale looks, the weight loss is NOT good for me right now because it is due to being ketotic. I am trying not to worry.

Tonight, I am fixing dinner for the leadership at church. I am making meatloaf, potatoes, and salad. Not sure what I will fix for dessert...maybe strawberry shortcakes.

I need to go walk in a bit...but I may crawl back in bed first for a while. I woke up in the middle of the night and had a terrible time going back to sleep.

:wave:

Solly 04-10-2006 08:31 AM

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was filled with errands and yard work. We worked out in the yard all day yesterday. I had a quit reprieve as I had to get my hair cut and colored after church so DH got started w/o me. I shoveled mulch for several hours, so that should count as some exercise.

MMM has me the same again this week. Frustrating. I haven't exercised since Wed so I can only blame myself. It is warming up this week, so I may start walking at lunch.

Monet, sorry to hear about the diabetise. I know you are down about it, but think about it as being your nudge in the right direction to keep you on plan and exercising. At least it is a disease that is controllable. It's up to you. I agree with Tech, at least SB has helped you for a long time.

BF; protein shake
lunch: salad, mushrooms, onions, red cabbage, cheese, leftover steak.
dinner: chicken wild rice, mixed veggies
We will get to the gym tonight.

Have a great day. Will try to check back later.

ThinWithin225 04-10-2006 10:39 AM

MMM is not good this morning. I had a bad eating weekend:devil: , but hopefully I can get back on the wagon (for the upteenth time) and get back on track shortly!~

Monet- Good vibes that your bg levels will continue to fall!:goodvibes

kengjw 04-10-2006 12:23 PM

Good afternoon,

Spring break is over and Jess is back to school. I kind of miss having her with me. We had a great week, didn't do too much but enough to keep us going. My fav highlight was our picnic at the park with some neighbors. It was a lot of fun.

Chris is growing so fast and he has started to crawl. His first 2 bottom teeth are also out but he is miserable. Hopefully tonight will be better :)

MONET : You have wonderful spirit and I love that about you. I know your blood sugar will be under-controlled soon :)

SOLLY : Dh and I did some yardwork yesterday as well. We planted few tress in and some shrubs but still have lots to do. The weeds are taking over so I need to get out there to get rid of them :( Not fun at all. Hope you have a great day too.

THIN : Today is a new day, you can do it!

Oops, time to pick up Jess from school. Good day everyone.

Julia

Teensybean 04-10-2006 01:37 PM

Good Morning--

Raining again today, I am starting to think that we live in Seattle!! It has been so wet lately. And they are calling for rain most of the week too. I want to get out and get some yard work done, but it is just too wet yet. Buddy and I haven't even been able to walk for awhile either....

Monet-- Sorry to hear about your diabetes. I am sure that you will get it under control, you are a strong woman, and are very determined. You already know how to eat right, so that is half the battle.

Solly-- Yard work is exercise!! Sometimes a better workout than you can get anywhere else!!

Thin-- Hello!!

Keng-- I bet the kids are growing like weeds, huh? It doesn't take long for babies to grow up. It is nice to see you posting again.

Will try to get back here later........

GatorGal 04-10-2006 03:21 PM

Monet--I have been reading your latest posts with much interest and concern. I am so sorry you are having to face this "hassle" and hope things get under control really soon. There is so much I don't understand about all of this kind of stuff. With my limited knowledge, it seems like your body has been insulin resistant all this time, and recently has become just enough more insulin resistant to put you into the diabetic category. Is this right? Am I totally off base here? So you are having to do blood sugar tests--is this kind of like those meters I see advertised on TV where you prick your finger? Are you having to take any insulin by mouth or by injection to get you "over the hump" until diet and exercise gets your blood sugar stabilized? I have to say that this has really captured my attention, especially since you are our leader. We are all in this with you, and not only learn from you, but pray FOR you and have you on our mind. Your situation is somewhat of a wake-up call for me, because I could easily slip over into diabetes also. I am trying now to be much more aware about how much I eat and attempting to not let those little cheats keep happening in my life. We continue to learn from you and constantly appreciate your sharing your "new experience" with us as well as valuing your faithfulness and encouragement.

My weight was up .5 pounds this week. :( Hopefully next week it will be down.

Where is Cindy? I haven't "seen" here for several days.

Talitha, is everything going OK for you?

Colleen, it is always nice to see how things are going for you. I hope the sun starts shining soon in your neck of the woods.

Hi Solly, even though you didn't have a loss this week, your ticker is slowly moving d-o-w-n! So that is good. And you don't have TOO far to go before you reach your goal.

Hope everyone has a great day.

KayeC 04-10-2006 04:22 PM

Hi SB Buddies, I worked all weekend so today felt like my weekend! I went and had coffee at my favorite coffee shop and then went shopping at Dillards and found some dishes for my new china cabinet that was marked down! They are not real china but are pretty and make sense with two teenage boys in the house.

I'm having chicken salad in ww pita bread tonight.
Breakfast was the new whole grain cinnamon and raisin twist bread from pepperidge farm. (to any newbies no raisins are not legal! but sometimes I have a craving for them so I just keep it to a minimum and at least the bread was whole wheat)
3 small sausages and hot tea

Lunch was more a snack a half a turkey sandwich.

I need to get some vegetables in tonight as well.
We need to do some yard work tonight. At least get started because we have a lot to do.

KayeC

Toni48 04-10-2006 05:03 PM

Good afternoon; Today has been busy. Starting with a friend coming this morning for tea. We're planning a trip to my sister's for Easter week end. She lives about 3 hours away. I'm so excited to get to spend the whole week end there. They have a puppy to so it will be hectic. I can't wait.
Anyway I've started getting ready. I'm slow and it takes me forever to get ready to go anywhere. Eating has been pretty good. I still haven't gotten on the scale. I don't want anything to get me off track. Soon I'm sure I won't be able to resist. Sorry I have to run..... Have a happy day....

Talitha 04-10-2006 06:09 PM

Hey Ladies,

Life is crazy as usual over here. I'm 27 weeks now and suddenly realize I have NOTHING ready for this baby. I'm gonna need to go digging in the attic this week. Luckily a summer baby can live in onsies, right? Jake was born in January so a good bit of his stuff won't be usable.

I got on the scale like an idiot this AM. Is had me 10 lbs up from the DR visit jsut 2 weeks ago!!!! THere's NO WAY I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks. My clothes don't feel different, my belly doesn't look bigger. I'm going to weigh again tomorrow. At my last appointment I hadn't really gained a lb yet.

We've had a bit of 'family crisis' with my youngest brother, and of course, I'm the one who always has to make a stand. It's depressing and hard. You all know how much time I spend at my parents house normally. Well now we aren't going over there at all. We will only see them if we meet in a neutral location, or if they want to come here. It's really going to change a lot in my life and especially with the baby coming. I'm trying not to be depressed about it. My sister is so lucky that she lives in IL, so she doen't have to deal with being 'bad' keeping the grandkids away. My kids are jsut not safe around my brother, and my parents refuse to get him any treatment, testing or therapy. He's almost 14 now and it's starting to be very dangerous.

We bought a gas grill yesterday and I'm sooo excited!!! We are goign to grill all summer! We made burgers last night on WW buns. THey were so good!

For tonight I have a roast in the crockpot with carrots and turnips. We'll see how that turns out. I'm going to broil some sweet potato wedges, too and we have steamed squash and zuccini.

My menu today
B: 1/2 large grapefruit, 1/2 mango
s: protein smoothie w strawberries and 1/2 banana
L: turkey and cheese sandwich with tons of lettuce and tomato on SGWW
D: Roast with turnips and carrots, sweet potato wedges, steamed squash and zuccini

I asked this before, but I don't knwo if anyone respnded. Do Turnips cout as a carb? Are they ok?

MONET: Down is always a good thing :) WHat's this abotu diabetes? I'm going to have to find time to read last weeks's posts!

SOlly: I need to do yardwork, but I'm terrified of what it may do to my back. It's been so bad the last 3 weeks. I hate my yard of weeds!!

THin: Just keep going. We're here for ya!

KEngjw: Teething can really throw everything off, can't it? Jake jsut got some molars and didn't tkae a real nap for a week!!!

Cindylcing 04-10-2006 07:56 PM

Hi everyone.
Its so beautiful out today! I think our high was 65! DH mowed our front yard during the day and so I did the back after dinner. It felt good being back out in the yard working.
You will never belive this... I was off work friday..I come in this morning and notice a bunch of the others already there and I just knew what they were going to say... 2 weeks of OT. Ugh. Just when I think we are done it starts again. I just have to look on the good side of it by having some extra funds which are always needed.
The day went pretty good for eating. No loss from last week. Just plugging away.
Took a nice hour long walk yesterday with my dd and the puppy. It felt wonderful being out at the park again. The puppy did well. That was his longest walk yet. He was very nice to all the other doggies around.
Well Ive got to get everything prepped for lunch and dinner tomorrow so need to scoot. I will try my best to keep up this week on posts.
:)

thunderwoman62 04-10-2006 09:27 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA this weekend. We had a death in the family..my great-aunt has been fighting cancer on and off for the last 6 years. She passed away late Thursday nite. It was a blessing for her, she really has suffered the last 2 weeks. And will be greatly missed. You could say she was the family monarch. Everyone has gathered at her house during the holidays for at least 60 years. I didn't lose and I didn't gain. I guess because of stress I think thats the reason for no weight lost. Hope everyone has a great week.

Ellen 04-10-2006 10:37 PM

Good evening all my buster buddies... I am sitting down today for the first time since about 11 am, except of course the times I was in the car, or the potty. :s: I have almost 15k steps, and I did not even 'go for a walk' today. Dinner tonight went well, and I was SO pleased with the meatloaf. I kind of followed two or three different recipes I read and it turned out very moist. It was essentially SB legal. I used about 1/4 of a cup of brown sugar for 50 servings, so it was not too much. I also used bread crumbs, but oatmeal would have been fine, or ww bread crumbs. I had some leftovers, so I cut up the large meatloaf and put it into Glad containers for the fam to use as lunches. I put all the leftover potatoes in there too, so I would not be tempted to eat any. I did eat about three small slices to see if the seasoning was ok, but I really fought the temptation to eat more of them.

THUNDER: I am so sorry about your aunt. Stress will definitely derail weight loss. :hug:

CINDY: It was gorgeous here today too! Unfortunately, it is going down to the forties tonight. Bummer!

TALITHA: Yep, summer babies can live in onesies! I love grilling. There is so much you can do! Want some good recipes? :) I am so sorry about the situation you have with your brother. Its so difficult to deal with family stuff sometimes. I hope and pray your parents will get him whatever help he needs. As I said, I like what the scale says, but the weight was lost in an extremely dangerous way- ketosis brought on by hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance. My blood sugar levels were over three times the normal range. It was kind of scary.

TONI: I hope you have a wonderful trip to visit your sister! We are planning on visiting my sister in law the week after Easter. It will be a lovely break. How cute that the puppy cousins can play together! (can they? :) )

KAY: I love getting good bargains! What kind of china did you get? I like colorful stuff and was going to buy some a while back. I kept looking on ebay...some day, I will find something I like! Maybe...

GATOR: Right now, I am monitoring my blood sugar levels, but they have not said anything about what they will do. I think it will depend on the overall look of my levels. I fax in the chart in two weeks. The danger was the ketones. Ketoacidosis, which can be caused by high glucose levels like mine, can cause the blood to become too acidic. This can cause coma and death. I had huge amounts of ketones on Friday and they totally freaked out and gave me a shot of insulin. It did not bring the blood glucose levels down much at all! I am not sure why they thought it would. I have TONS of insulin...that is the problem! Exercise is the only thing I have been able to determine from research that helps with insulin resistance. It will also help burn the extra glucose in the blood. I desperately need that. My sugar levels are like three times what they should be! And yes, I was insulin resistant and hyperinsulinemic (too much insulin) but my blood sugars were always fine. I don't know how long this has been going on, but I mysteriously lost ten pounds in the past five or so weeks, and I knew I was not eating all that well...I figured I needed more calories or something. Duh! If you are insulin resistant, you certainly do want to watch what you are eating. You walk a lot and that certainly helps. I wish I had been given a glucose meter back when I was just insulin resistant and hyperinsulinemic. I might have seen a trend and been more careful or something. Anyway, I appreciate your kind words and your prayers. I am determined to beat this.

TEENSY: I hope it clears up and you and Buddy can walk! How is your mom doing? I hope she is not in a lot of pain.

KENG: Wow...Chris is crawling already! No more staying where you put him! We were on spring break last week too...tomorrow its back to the salt mines... ( did you know I started teaching art at a small Christian school near here?) Thank you for your kind words.

THIN: I hope the scale is kind tomorrow...

SOLLY: You actually went home after getting your hair done, knowing you would have to shovel mulch? What a nice person you are! I would have found umpteen things I had to do, and hoped and prayed Tom was done by the time I got home! I know, I am bad! I think it definitely counts as exercise. :)

Time for me to check how sweet I am ...night all!

Teensybean 04-11-2006 12:36 AM

Just stopping by before I hit the hay......am so sleepy lately. Must be those hour workouts!! Went by Mom's this morning, and I can't believe how well she is doing. She said she even skipped two of her doses of pain meds yesterday because she wasn't having any pain. The surgeon told her she was going to be in a lot of pain........I am so happy that she isn't. There is nothing worse than a hand or finger that just throbs with pain. She goes into the Dr at 9:00 on Friday. Hope it is all good news and that she can remove the bandages a bit. She says that is the worst part of it all. She has had a bit of tingling in her hand so we know that it isn't completely damaged in the nerves. Just have to wait and see what comes. Thank you all for asking and for caring. She is a big part of my life, and knowing that you all know that means a lot to me.

I will be back in the morning, see you all then......sweet dreams!!

Ellen 04-11-2006 07:21 AM

Good morning! I slept ok last night. Perhaps some of my problems were blood sugar related? I do know the overwhelming fatique was a symptom I did not know about. I thought it was from my thyroid! My levels are down some, but not as good as yesterday morning. I am hoping the mid day one is good.

I have my arts team meeting tonight here. For dinner I am cooking a roast in the crockpot, and fixing probably mashed potatoes and a green veggie. I will NOT eat any potatoes. I might fix a salad, since I had a lot left last night. I teach this afternoon, too. I sure missed the kids last week, but SO enjoyed the week off. Summer is going to be wonderful! :)

Breakfast this morning will be eggs. Maybe scrambled with some cheese. I am still debating on whether I want to eat a piece of toast. Even whole wheat bread has a somewhat high GI of about 50.

I will be back in a bit. I hope everyone has a wonderful BUSTER day today!

techwife 04-11-2006 09:20 AM

Hi everyone. Just a quick visit. I'm having a WW mini bagel with peanut butter and strawberries for breakfast. Oh, and coffee, of course :coffee: Yesterday for dinner we had fish fries from the local diner. I had mine broiled and gave my fries to Kyle. The veggies that came with it look like they were steamed last thursday and have been nuked a few times since, so I passed on them. So, I had an orange afterward. For lunch I had a ham sandwich with lettuce and cheese on sourdough. I went to Superwalmart to buy a few more produce items and to get things for Derek's 45th birthday tomorrow. He's really not been taking it too well along with everything elst going on in his life, now he thinks the prime of his life is over. I keep telling him, "are you kidding? It's just begun!!" Type thing...but he's not buying it. My parent's are due back from Florida on Friday and we're having Chicken Ala King for dinner that night. Not exactly legal, but my parent's love that type of dish. And I'll be so happy to see them. I have to clean my house because my poor mother really does get a rash at my shoddy housekeeping habits. She never says anything, but I can tell :s: . So, while I was at Walmart, I decided to buy material for some new curtains in the kitchen. Blue gingham this time...I am addicted to gingham...and I have toile in my dining room and living room. Right now I have green apple gingham in my kitchen, but I'm getting sick of them and they were my first attempt at curtains and I've wanted to do them over since I did them. We have new neighbors in that horrible house next door that's been unlived in since we've lived here and I feel like I'm on display with the little toppers I have now, so I'm making longer curtains I can tie back when I want sunshine and drop down when I want privacy. I have to do my shower curtain for the bathroom, too. I also might hang some things on the line...sheets, maybe...it's a nice, sunny day today. anyhow...a few replies before I get out the sewing machine....

Colleen: So glad your mom is coming around so nicely! THAT has to be a load off your mind. She's lucky she has you for a kid, that's for sure!

Monet: I LOVE leftover meatloaf. I imagine you must really make a killer one! :s: See...the silver lining of your diagnosis is that now you're going to be super stringent about not cheating, not even the least little bit. Sticking to plan has taken on a whole new meaning for you now and I bet you're going to be feeling super fabulous before you know it. I recommend TONS of green tea. I know you agree with me of it's subtle, yet awesome, effect on your total well being. I've been drinking glass after glass of green tea I'm making in my iced tea maker. I mean, one whole pot a day! You don't even need the maker, just make some hot tea and pour it over a glass full of ice and add some splenda. So refreshing. And good for you!

Thunder: I'm so sorry you lost your aunt. :hug: At least the suffering's over and she's in a better place now. I guess this will be a year of having to set new holiday traditions, as well. Hugs and prayers to you and your whole family...:grouphug:

Cindy: Isn't it great to get out in the sun and enjoy the outside again? It's supposed to be a winner here today and tomorrow, as well. We took Junior down by the boat launch last week and he had a ball bouncing in and out of the water and chasing the birds. Enjoy your overtime pay! Hope they give you some time to spend it!! :lol:

Talitha: My son lived in the onesies all summer. I even got some with cool patterns at Walmart with little alligators and things so they looked more like an outfit. Are you really that far along and not even showing yet? Man, I was in maternity clothes the minute I found out with both mine. I'm short-waisted and both my kids stuck out a mile in front of me by the end. Nothing like growing out of maternity clothes!! :eek: And the dinner you had...nice batch of veggies...not only are you eating well for yourself, but the baby is benefitting tons, too!! Keep it up!! When I was PG for Shelley, I had a grilled ham and cheese with egg salad on top for lunch almost every day :dunno: ...it was just good at the time...

Toni: :wave: Have fun at your sister's!!

KayeC: So, you had coffee at a coffee shop, then went shopping? Wow...you're my HERO! Someday, I'll have a morning like that, too!! ;)

Gator: :wave: I've been reading what Monet has to say closely, as well. On my dad's side of the family, every single one of his brothers and sisters is diabetic...and I favor my dad's side of the family. I am also remembering my dad's eating patterns through his life and think that the combination of genetics and bad habits contributed to his condition today. So, I'm hoping that starting relatively early in my life, I can avoid the same.

Thin: Hope we don't have to staple your pants to the seat of the wagon...:devil:

Julia: I hear ya with missing Jess when she's at school. When Kyle's at preschool, I don't come home because I hate it here without him in the house. I'm in big trouble in the fall when he goes to kindergarden all day. :fr: I'll be completely lost without him. :(

Solly: Shoveling...anything!...definitely counts as a workout! I have mucho yard work to do, too...but it's still kinda wet out and I hate mud. :mad:

Oh...and did I tell you that we had Junior shaved last weekend? He looks like a geek again, but he feels and smells fabulous!! I washed his paws off last night with such ease. It's so nice to love him without wearing him!! :lol: Will be back later...sorry if I missed anyone!!

Solly 04-11-2006 09:23 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is going to be 77 here today. I may walk at lunch time. It is hard going to the gym when it is so pretty outside. We may take off one night and walk instead. Got 26 minutes on the EFX last night. The longest ever. Even pedaled backwards. :carrot: Then wts for the last 40 minutes.

We had gotten a late start due to DD being late and we didn't eat dinner until 8:00. I hate eating so late. I was way under my calories yesterday. Don't now how that happened. I can tell today, I am hungry already.

bf: protein shake with skim milk and strawberries
salad: salad-carrots, bacon bits, cheese, red cabbage, onions.ff dressing
dinner: pork chops, maybe a half sweet potato and veggies.

The cupboard is so bare, but I need to hold off until the weekend and do my Easter shopping too.

I hope everyone is making a plan for Easter. Plan ahead, take some legal snacks or things to eat for yourself. Like monet says, if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Our dinner is pretty legal, ham, green beans, some type potato and a salad, deviled eggs. I usually make a corn beef too. It's the snacks ahead of time that get me. DD is making some hot dog croissant thing. I think my niece is bring veggies. I think I will do some type of cheeses. My sister brings pies, but they don't really tempt me.

Thin, one day at a time, one meal at a time. You can do this. You have choose what you want, that food or to lose wt. If we stop and ask ourselves that before we eat whatever, we would be better off. Now to practice what I preach.

Ken, I can't believe your DS is already crawling. They grow up so quickly. Is Jess enjoying her school time?

Teensy, nothing more depressing than rain. You can't walk and then you want to eat. Vicious cycle. Hang in there, the sun will shine tomorrow. (sounds like a song doesn't it?) Glad your mom is doing so well.

Gator, where have you been? Sorry the scale was up. .5 lb isn't much and could be anything.

KayeC, Hi, glad you got a day off.

Toni, sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy your weekend.

Talitha, I wouldn't worry about the gain, the baby has to grow at some point. It seems all pregnant women have a big gain at some point. Sorry about your family. I know it is hard especially with the baby coming. Can you parents come to your house?

Cindy, at least you are getting paid for the OT. Like you say, the extra money is always welcome.

Thunder, sorry about the loss of your GA. It is always hard, no matter how much the blessing.

Monet, I have never put sugar in my meatloaf. Stay away from those potatoes.

Got to run, Have a great OP day.

Solly 04-11-2006 09:33 AM

Tech, we were posting at the same time. Sounds like you have lots of work to do before your parents come home. Sewing and cooking and cleaning. Have fun with all your sewing projects.

Talitha 04-11-2006 10:19 AM

Busy, busy day planned here.. Anyone suprised? I ahve to return things to TArget, Ikea AND Joanne Fabrics. I got carried away last week trying to plan some deco for the kids room. Yes, room singular. One girl 2 boys.. I'm not ocncerned about them sharing,b ut the decorating is driving me CRAZY!! First I wnt to Joann's in a panick and spent $100 on fabric saying I was going to make comforters for them. THen I found an ADORABLE bedset for Selah at Target and one that is very similar in colors and shapes but has dragons on if for Jake (at Ikea). So now I ahve to return the fabric to Joanne's, the extra comforter to Target, becasue I had picked one for JAke that woudl go but wasn't great. ANd I got curtains at Ikea that are jsut too much. All in all I have over $200 of returns and I don't want to have it laying around and be too late or destroyed by the kids and stuck with it!

So I'm going to go do errands and I'm goign to see if I can go take Robert out for an hour to talk to him. Just so you know a little bit, in the past 3 months he has broken into someone's house, stollen a BB gun, slashed someone's tires and now he is getting sexually curious and it quite nearly involved my children and did involve taking inappropriate pictures on my cell phone. He's got the body and urges of a 14 year old, but the mind of an 8 year old. But he's completely unsupervised and copying all of these things form TV. WHen asked what he took pictures of with my phone he didn't know a word to describe private parts. Only thatin Karate class they call it a 'groin' when you pull it. THey are neglacting educating him, and it's dangerous. He has no idea what to do with himself, or why his body is changing. They treat him like he is 5, but let him watch telivision that I couldn't watch at 16. ANd he runs around the neighborhood at will, unsupervised. In 4 more years he can be tried as an adult. He's like the guy in 'Of Men and Mice' but I know he can be helped. He's so sweet. And right now he thinks I just hate him for what he did with my phone and that my kids were around. I need to go talk to him and explain that I'm worried and sad for him, but I love him and I want him to get help. Maybe if he ASKS my parents to get him help, they'll get a clue.

B- 1/2 a grapefruit 1/2 a chocolate SYmphony bar :o I know, it was stupid. I saw it there and the next think I knew it just jumped in my mouth!!
S- 1 mango
L- Boiled Egg, Spelt Pretzels, String cheese and an apple (I'll be iun the car doign errands to I'm taking easy snacking stuff)
S- Celery with peanut butter?
D- LEftover turnips and carrots. Not sure what else. FReezers getting low..

The SCALE put me down 5 lbs this morning of the 10 form yesterday. MAybe it's jsut posessed. I'm leaving it alone now. I have my appt with my midwife tomorrow,s o we'll see what I've really gained.

Monet- DFM this friday? Maybe? I need meats to grill, and some of your recipies!! I'm so sorry abotu the insulin and everything. That would be scary.

Solly- I don't think my parents will come to my house. They have 7 other kids in town who could care less about the problems and are going to be at their house. THey all jsut think Robert is stupid and who cares if mom and dad don't.

TEch- There are so many cute onesies out there. I'm so excited to have a summer baby this time. It's going to be so different. I am deffinitely showing. I'm almost 7 months!! I just meant that there hasn't been a big change inthe past 2 weeks to warant a 10 lb gain. Shouldn't I notice something like that?

Teensy- sounds like your mom is doing great!! I know that must be a bit of a relief! SHe's lucky to have you.

Thunder- I'm so sorry for your loss. We are here for you when you have time to be on

Gator- Did you get your package? I sent you a little something extra since it took awhile. Sorry about that

Ok, off to knock off my to do list.

Talitha 04-11-2006 10:33 AM

So, the fact that I'm 27 weeks pregnant didn't hit me until I saw my little ticker and that there are only 2 pictures after this one!! When I added that ticker we were in the green!!

Ellen 04-11-2006 10:53 AM

SOLLY: I did not add the sugar to the meatloaf, but to the sauce for the topping. I usually don't do that, but I was cooking for church, and have to admit, it was awesome. Just a tad of sugar in ketchup and some mustard, and spread it over the top. The meatloaf was very moist..I think it was the can of diced tomatoes.

TALITHA: DFM Friday..YES! I think Laura will come along too. I really need some bleu cheese. My guys have been complaining about the lack of stinky cheese! :) What time? I will have better luck getting Laura up and out if it is not early. I guess if we do lunch there, I can find something I can eat. I will have to pass on the samosas. :cry:

TECH: I have some real Japanese green tea a friend of my son's gave him when she went back to Japan. I love the Genema with brown rice in it. Guess I ought to try it iced. I do love it hot..but you have to be careful not to oversteep it or it gets bitter. Have you tried the flavored ones, like peach and mango? I like them too.

ThinWithin225 04-11-2006 11:25 AM

Good Morning!:cool: I am back down to 220 this morning, so only 1 more to go to my ticker and then plenty more after that! I need to start planning and getting myself psyched for summer. I am out with the kids and we really do not follow much of a schedule.:beach: I try to get projects done around the house and we go swim etc. which will be more chance for exercise, I just need to find a way to stick with my eating plan and drink my water. I think I just need to start planning and getting my head around it, if you kwim? :dizzy:

Sean's surgery has been scheduled and I am actually anxious for him to have it and see if it helps as much as the doctors think it will. He has been having headaches since he was 7 and he is 14 now!:o He has been so miserable with it. Over the years, we had sinus x-rays done, vision tests, looked at "trigger" foods etc. and nothing added up. Well when he first visited the allergist/ENT they sent him for a sinus ct scan and he has calcifications and scar tissue in his sinuses. any little bit of irritation and it closes off the opening so they can't drain. I've spoken to a couple of his doctors (even though this is outpatient, I still don't take it lightly!) His pediatrician basically says, this is why I sent you to the allergist, if it's going to help do it! The neurologist even went so far as to say that he does not want to see him again or change the headache meds till after we have it done and then he is going to try to wean him off the meds! Wouldn't that be awesome!:carrot: I really agree with them after seeing the scans, but it's nice to have other professional opinions as well. So they will just go in with an endoscope while he is asleep and remove the tissue that should not be there. They also will remove his adnoids as he is a mouth breather at night. I was worried about the packing they use after the surgery and having it removed a few days afterwards. They used to say that was the worst part of the whole surgery, but now they use packing that is made of collagen and it melts out. What will they think of next!:p No swimming or exercising for 1 week, then back to normal. He will have this done on June 5 after we get out of school for the summer.

Talitha- Have agood time with your brother.

Monet- Glad to hear the bg falling!

Everyone else- have a great day!:wave:

Ellen 04-11-2006 12:28 PM

I am so excited! I just got the lowest bg level yet, and its a LOT lower than this mornings...I am feeling much encouraged. :)

THIN: My husband had similar surgery twice. The second time, the surgeon was fabulous and he was back at work in less than a week...and no packing like the first time. THAT was gross! :) It helped Tom loads. I hope it helps Sean, but I bet it will!

Teensybean 04-11-2006 01:59 PM

Good morning ladies....

The sun is peaking through the clouds for a minutes and it is beautiful......just wish it would stick around. When I got up this morning to head to curves, I opened the front door to head out and bedded down on our front lawn was the little doe and last years fawn that we have been feeding this winter. I guess she wanted to make sure she got fed!! They should be striking out soon and not need to be fed. They are such beautiful creatures.

Not much planned for today. I will do some light house cleaning as dh is home today. I should have got at it yesterday but with TOM (first one in 3 months) I wasn't feeling too good. I was really hoping that TOM was gone from here on out, but I guess not......

Mom was doing great this morning. She is looking forward to getting her bandage off. Her appointment is at 9 on Friday morning. Then I think we will hit Costco. I need a bunch of stuff.

Tech-- I wish I had your sewing skills.....there are so many things that I would like to attempt to make. But, I haven't really sewed since high school!!

Solly-- Wow that is quite a work out!! I want to go for a walk too, but it is raining again. I am hitting Curves 5 days a week until I can get back to walking, then I will only go 3 days a week and go back to walking 3 miles on my off days.

Talitha-- It is nice that you are willing to take the time to explain to Robert why you were upset. What is the deal with your parents?? Don't they see that he may need some extra help?? Your ticker shows only 90 days left.....where has the time gone??

Thin-- Good luck to your son on his surgery. It will be so nice for him, and he will feel so much better.

Monet-- Glad things are looking up for you. May you have many more good counts. Hang in there.

Well, I am going to go get busy.....see you all later.

GatorGal 04-11-2006 02:30 PM

Talitha, Yep, I got the package. I posted that I got it last week, and also thanks for the little lagnappe. :)

Ellen 04-11-2006 06:14 PM

I sat down to watch a bit of foodnetwork..and fell asleep. Which reminds me.

Where is Nicolee? Country? BOB? Other MIAs are Melf, Princess, Fillise...and Dsquared and Dripping...

ThinWithin225 04-11-2006 07:53 PM

Monet- did you happen to catch Racheal Ray and her fruit tart? She used lemon instant pudding, fresh fruit and graham cracker crust. I thought about making it for dh and kids to try, but is there any way to make a legal graham cracker crust?:shrug:

Also, anyone want a kitten!?!:bb: We have another litter of new ones that were born over the weekend. I swear that must be the worst thing about living out in the country. People dump their cats and dogs they no longer want around and they take up with us! :rolleyes: We just got Salem and Blair fixed last week and we have kittens anyway!:p

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 04-11-2006 08:51 PM

GOOD LATE EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

I'm here, just been so busy...These idiots are all cramming in to get everything done (procedures, etc.) before they hit the ON RAMP after Easter. I'm just DOG TIRED when I get home and could care less about anything! I NEED A VACATION!!!

MONET...I'm still having issues with my computer...I can't get into my Gmail at all, and there is a problem with my EARTHLINK program. I called customer service today when I got home and actually talked to INDIA!!! They have "outsourced" their "help" department to the other side of the world!
I'm seriously thinking about going back to COMCAST HIGH SPEED. I still can't figure out why your email got bounced because you've been in my address book for a hundred years! Like I said....PROBLEMS!!!
Glad you had a good reading today...keep it up!!

Ladies...I'm sorry for no replies tonight, but hopefully tomorrow..I'm going to pile my big ole arse up in the bed....there's a good MAFIA movie coming on at 9p.m.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE NIGHT!!!

BOB

GatorGal 04-11-2006 09:39 PM

Thin--I'd probably watch out for any puddings, SF or not. I think pudding uses a lot of corn starch to make it thicken, and that stuff is high on the GI ratings. :( Try SF jello instead, although it won't be the same, I know. You could make parfaits with it, layering the jello with layers of SF cool whip or whipped cream. Top with fresh berries and also layer them in and you have a nice dessert.

Monet--Glad to hear that your sugar levels are coming down. Keep up that good exercise.

I had lasagne for dinner tonight. Not totally legal. I had the equivalent of 1 lasagne noodle and the rest was low fat cheeses or no fat cheese, plus low fat homemade spaghetti sauce and some spinach added to pump up the veggies. That's all I had, the lasagne and some iced tea. I'm trying to be very aware of being satisfied and not eating too much. I think one of the "laws" in the Leptin book said something about eating small meals.

BOB--Hold on there, gal. The snowbirds will be gone in a week!!!

Talitha--Sorry to hear that your brother is having so much trouble. And that it is causing you trouble too. Is he 14? Is he intellectually challenged? Or just "hormonal" like boys that age? Is he the youngest in the family? I'm surprised to learn that he has been in trouble, as I know a little about your family values. Again, I'm so sorry, but think you are doing the right thing to protect your children at all costs. Good luck to you.

Gotta go. Need to clean up the kitchen.

KayeC 04-11-2006 10:23 PM

Hi all,

Dinner was bbq'd minute steaks
a microwave sautee of yellow squash, red onion, grape tomatoes
Broccoli and brown rice casserole
fresh broccoli and cauliflower

Hi Monet! Here is a link to the china I bought (really stoneware) and as you can tell it is colorful!
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...56905&R=HU-017

Tech, Well I've paid my dues my boys are 16 and 18 now. I do remember days when they were toddlers that I was just numb with exhaustion. The day they could both climb in the car and buckle their own booster seats stands out in my mind as a turning point!
When you have mornings like that you might wish you had little ones again. We are planning our 18 year old's graduation party but I could swear just the other day we were dropping him off at Miss Nelson's kindergarten class for the first time!

Everyone have a good evening. PS Did any of you think of a fabulous salad recipe for me?
Thanks,
KayeC

Ellen 04-11-2006 10:48 PM

Well, my dears, I am totally spent! I have to teach all day tomorrow and I am not entirely sure about what we are going to be doing in the Kindergarten, first and second grades. :eek: The rest of the classes have an ongoing project I wish they would finish already. They are really dragging their feet on it.

I did well at dinner. I had roast beef, a small tad of the gravy, salad and some collards. I did not even touch the mashed potatoes. It was tempting, but I behaved! :)

THIN: Gator is right. Puddings are always full of starch. Even the sugar free ones. You can get whole wheat graham crackers...whole foods makes one. Using those and splenda, with some butter or smart balance, you can make a legal graham cracker crust. As for the filling, you would have to tweak some. Maybe make a ff cream cheese whipped up with some flavoring...would that work? I did not stay tuned in until Rachel Ray came on...I left at the end of the Barefoot Contessa. :)

KAY: Those are pretty dishes! I am sorry I have not thought of a fabulous salad recipe for you. But one of my favorites is Bulghur Bean salad. I thought I had posted it on the recipe boards, but I have no idea where it is. Simply: 1 cup of bulghur soaked in 2 cups water for 30 minutes, drain very well. Mix it with about six cups of varied salad veggies...like tomatoes, lettuce carrots, celery,etc. and 1 can of drained and rinsed kidney beans. Toss and dress ( I like Italian dressing made with balsamic vinegar) and serve. Its complimentary proteins, and very tasty.

Ok, its time for beddie bye! Goodnight everyone!

Solly 04-12-2006 08:47 AM

Good morning ladies.

I have decided I like WIW better than MMM. I am down 4 since Monday. Hope it sticks until next MMM.

Well I am :tired: today. I was so tired at the gym I could hardly work out. When we got home and finished dinner I was spent. I tried to relax on the couch but couldn't get comfortable (restless legs) so off to be at 10 and at 1:30 I was still awake, and then and 3:30 and then 4:30, etc. Don't know what my problem was. I guess I should have gotten up and got a sleeping pill but didn't think about it.

bf: protein shake with strawberries and peaches
lunch: hot dog on bun oragne
dinner: spaghetti, salad

Thin, I saw that 30 minute meal last night. You could use all fruit in the bottom, but the crust is a stumper. I miss graham crackers.

Monet, glad you got a low reading. Hope it continues. Good job on passing up the potatoes. Thanks for the hint about the ww graham crackers at WF> i will check them out next time.

Bob, Just keep telling yourself, it is almost over. Get some rest

Gator, why wasn't the lasgana legal? The noodle? I haven't found the rontoni in the lasgana noodles.

KayeC, here is the salad I am having EAster:

Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

3 T sugar (I used Splenda)
3 T light mayo
2 T milk
1 T white wine vinegar
1 T poppy seeds

Combine, stir with whisk.

1 bag romaine lettuce
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 T slivered almonds.

Here is another, the ff onion rings are not legal though but give it a nice crunch.

SALAD

Dressing
1 t SALT
1 t PAPARIKA
1 t CELERY SEED
1 T GREEN ONION
¼ C WHITE VINEGAR
1 C VEGATABLE OIL
½ C SUGAR (OR SPLENDA - I would use less)

1 head of lettuce
2 cans mandarin oranges
1 pkg silvered almonds
1 small can French fried onions

Have a great day everyone.

ThinWithin225 04-12-2006 12:59 PM

I am still not down to ticker weight, but realized that because the pollen has been so bad here, I'm not out walking. :frypan: THIS could be a major part of my problem. duh! Hopefully it will clear out soon and I can get out and enjoy the warm weather again!:running:

KayeC 04-12-2006 01:21 PM

Hi Monet,
Thanks for the bulghur salad recipe it sounds different and good. Salads are my favorite food after bbq'd chicken!

Solly, Thanks for the yummy recipes! They both sound very springy! I believe I would be content with the almonds only for added crunch.

I was proud of myself at lunch. For dessert I grabbed 5 green grapes. Ate them and was totally safisfied. Before SB this would have been unheard of.

Dinner tonight will be healthy choice hot dogs and beans of some sort. A couple of vegetable too.

Good day...
KayeC

GatorGal 04-12-2006 05:07 PM

Solly--The lasagne noodle was just one of the regular white ones. Not whole wheat or even a blend. It may have been semolina flour, which is a very hard wheat flour, but normally I try to stay away from white pasta. It was really good, and I haven't had lasagne in a long time. I used 5 noodles for the whole dish, and had 1/4 of the pan of lasagne. Of course, I made it in a very small casserole dish, so it was not like it was a big pan of lasagne. Probably about 300 calories per serving. I had another serving for lunch today.

Ellen 04-12-2006 05:55 PM

Back from school. I went out for a cup of coffee with my neighbor who also teaches at the school. Traffic was a bear coming home. I have NO idea what I am fixing for dinner. I had a salad for lunch, and I am really hungry already. :(

I finally decided on a project for the kids today this morning. I stopped at the store on the way and bought an Easter Lily. I had them do a kind of collage with torn tissue paper and watered down glue, then tear white paper and green paper to make an Easter lily to put over the tissue paper. The tissue paper background looks kind of like stained glass when its done, and they turned out really pretty. Best part was the kids loved doing it! The worst part was the mess I had to clean up! :lol3:

SOLLY: That strawberry salad sounds wonderful! I am going to make it soon. Strawberries are on sale this week, so I may as well try it now! :) Thanks for posting it.

Talitha 04-12-2006 07:37 PM

Hey ladies. I ahd my appointment with my midwife today. I actually wrote a long post before I wnet but I don't see it here.Ggrrrrrr. Oh well.

Everything is going great. Baby Lucas is head down already. YIPPIE!!! Not that he may not flip again, but Selah was born breech and JAcob was breach until 36 weeks. My hydration levels were great, and I've gained 4 lbs total by the 'official' scale. So that's up 2. It was a great visit. I have one more month till my next appointment, then we start going to every 2 weeks. Crazy!!!

I realized that I have a totally scewed concept of what fruit is 'worth'. I was at Publix yesterday waiting on a perscription for Jacob, and jsut strolling around. I noticed that the strawberries and cantaloup were on sale and got really excited. I NEVER buy fruit jsut because I want it. I only but it when it's cheap. Then Is tarted thinking. I buy some inappropriate treat, or even several :o , ever time I go the the grocery store, and it never occured to me to compare that to what I would spend if I jsut went ahead and bought some fruit that was good,b ut not super cheap. DOes that sound wierd? I don't know, it's jsut a paradigm shift for me. If I'm going to splurge, why the heck don't I jsut do it on fruit that I want? I'm SUPER cheap when I grocery shop but somehow I rationalize a treat. Now my treat will be fruit.

I've got eggs boiled to decorate, and I came in to get Selah and she has fallen asleep on the floor!! Poor baby. It's been a long day. Jake's up and happy, though, so no rest for me.

Monet- Friday is totally flexible. I have some deliveries to do, but that doesn't matter when. I don't have MOPS this week. Good Job on the grapes.

Thin- the pollen KILLS me. I've been taking an antioxidant that is great and has really helped me out this year. I just can't wait for the season to be over.

Gator- My brother is deffinitely challenged, although my parents really refuse to get him help. He didn't speak in full sentences until about 3 years ago, and still doesn't know how to put words together sometimes. He will be 14 in June. It's NOT like him to be in trouble. He doesn't have any friends influencing him. He doesn't have any friends at all, really. It's so sad. He's not angry, or acting out. He's just curious and sees something on TV and thinks he should copy it. For no reason. He's so innocent mentally. HE jsut doesn't get what he is doing. It's very scary.

Ughh.. Jacob is in the dishwasher, and I need to go clean before bedtiem for them..

Ellen 04-12-2006 10:02 PM

Evening! Dinner was leftover roast beef, carrots with light bleu cheese dressing, and two wedges of laughing cow light on rykrisps. I need to check my bg soon, as I am really tired and almost ready to crawl in bed. I did not get in a real walk today, but I have about 10,100 steps. Tomorrow morning, I am going to the school play in the morning, but will walk when its over. I might be able to talk my neighbor into going with me.

TALITHA: Poor Selah, falling asleep on the floor! :) Call me and we can decide on a time for Friday. Woo Hoo! I can't wait! I LOVE the DFM! :love:

Hey, did anyone notice this adorable little smilie? :kickbutt:

Here are another couple new ones: :running: :drool: :frypan:

My my!

Teensybean 04-13-2006 01:00 AM

Good Evening ladies....

Spent most of the day in town today, so didn't get here until now. Not much going on here. I plan on looking for some new flooring this next week. I want to recarpet the bedroom, and then do some laminate flooring in the hallway, dining area and kitchen. Dh isn't looking forward to this, but I am. I have been waiting since we moved in here to recarpet. I will eventually do the living room also, but not until we do our remodel. We are going to add on an additional 8 feet to widen out the living room. I am looking forward to this!!

Eating has been pretty good. I know not totally legal, but I am not doing any splurges either. I had a small taste of Bouron Chicken at Golden Corral for lunch today, but nothing major. I guess this is better than denying myself so that I binge when I cave in. I am hoping to soon be totally legal again soon. My total calories for the day ended up being 1476. This is without the Bourbon Chicken, since I couldn't find it on FITDAY.

I am going to hit the hay now, can hardly keep my eyes open. I have been going to bed one whole hour earlier than normal lately. Must be the daily workouts!! See you all in the morning......