Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 02-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  

Default Cold Stone Creamery, is it ok?

I recently went into Cold Stone Creamery ice cream store in the mall to see what they had to offer. They had a ice cream called "Sinless" and it was sugar free fat free. I want to know if this is an ok food on SB diet plan????
fitgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #2  

I'm not sure myself since I'm a newbie to the SB WOE. However, I did go to TCBY the other night and have a SF FF frozen yogurt. I'm sure Monet or one of the other SB gurus will be along any time now and let you know for sure.
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #3  
210 / 193 / 140

According to the Nutrition Data website, Sinless is practically fat-free, but not sugar-free. It contains 43 grams of carbs, 14 of which are from sugar.

Here's the link: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c22Dn.html
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #4  

If it does indeed have 14 grams of sugar, it is NOT ok for Sugarbusters. It needs to have three or less to be ok. An occasional serving of vanilla ice cream is ok, as the full fat types have a rather low Glycemic Index. This is something that should be just occasionally consumed though...
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote