Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-24-2005, 10:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Vicious headaches

Hi everyone! I have a question. Is it common to have really bad headaches when starting the SBD? I tried it once before and my headaches were vicious, nothing seemed to help. I made sure I was getting plenty of water and tried to make sure I ate snacks and plenty at meals. I know I tend to sort of self medicate myself with sugar. Are the headaches just because my system is adjusting or is it a mental thing? I only managed to do the diet for 7 days. I lost about a size, but the pain was intense. How can I avoid that if I try again? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
knitbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #2  
Determined

Did you cut out a lot of caffeint today?
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 5'3"

I haven't started it again yet. But I can take caffeine or leave it. I don't get headaches if I cut it out.
knitbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Hi, I'm not a regular Sugar Busters poster here, but am very experienced with Sugar Busters (it's great). Sugar Busters allows you to eat refined sugar in small amounts, but when I started, I cut out all refined sugar, when previously I had LIVED on it. I did get really bad headaches but they went away. If yours doesn't, then you need to talk to your doctor.

But I see by your last reply that you "don't get headaches if I cut it (caffeine) out" ... so that's likely your culprit. Caffeine gives me headaches also, so I don't use a lot of it.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote