3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/20-1/26 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/23979-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-1-20-1-26-a.html)

linworthlady 01-23-2003 12:58 PM

Laurie-So sorry that Boogie is having trouble. I am praying that he doesn't need a cath.
Deb-My baby is 15 too. Sad, huh? I think your house will be so much fun. Before we moved I really enjoyed having kids around, but now no kids since Steven has not made any friends. I assume you won't have to cook for them haha? Good for you for putting away the scale if that is what works for you. I'll join you on getting more water into our bods. It's harder for me when it is chilly outside. I bought Agave at Earthfare-around $4 for an 8 oz bottle. I haven't tried it yet, although I did buy the ingredients for your cheesecake this a.m.
Quilter-how is your stomach? Did the purple pill help? Your jewelry sounds so pretty. ?Was this bead and chain class at a craft store?
Gator-Thanks for the advice on the triscuit crust. I think I will skip it. It sounds like you will be in Europe soon?>? Good luck on learning French. You sure have a big grapefruit harvest. Do you eat all of them?
Gracious-I have the same memories of zipping up jeans--I used to lay on my bed, and my mom or brother would pull the zipper up with pliers :) Pretty ridiculous to me now. And back then I thought I was heavy even though I wasn't. It's so cold here that I can't get motivated to exercise. I'll have to tomorrow-I've just been sitting around today. Send me some motivation.
Jackie--steak with blue cheese sounds divine. I had she crab soup last night with a shrimp caesar salad. I'm trying to get some of these pounds off.
Susan-It is very cold in Charleston too. The weather is all over the news--it even snowed today which is very unusual. Are you going to send pictures of your gown:?

gracious 01-23-2003 01:02 PM

LOL I am laughing at all these recollections of skin tight jeans! Weren't we silly?!

Mom2Marsh 01-23-2003 01:07 PM

Gracious- Shoot! I still WEAR my skin tight jeans. I just now top them with a big shirt to cover the tummy rolling over the top of them! They do look kinda scary if I don't have the shirt on yet :fr:

Well, I managed to hit the scale and I'm down 2 pounds this week! That makes a total of 6 since the beginning of the year and a total of 24 since I started SB. Y'all are so great!

--Katrina
205/181/135
8/02- started SB

Solly 01-23-2003 01:42 PM

Regarding all these tight jeans that we laid on the bed to get on and used pliers to zip, How did we go to the bathroom and then get them back up?? Anyone remember??

Jackie

acw 01-23-2003 02:39 PM

Greetings all. Missed yesterday DH birthday and he had day off so didn't get near computer.
WIW result. stayed same. not worried had big loss last week and not really on track so ok. Trying not to put any expectations on myself so the pressure doesn't get too much and send me off into binge territory.

Mom2Marsh. We never really planned for 3 children it just worked out that way and as much as some days are impossible I love them dearly and wouldn't have it any other way. My life without them would be so empty and now it is full and overflowing.

Debelli. Quiet day planned next week for birthday. On Friday and it's just me and 1 yr old as everyone else at work, school, preschool. I'm looking forward to a "me" day and doing some things I want to do. Hope the weathers fine as we might have a picnic tea. Haven't heard of Jok N Al.

Jack-K. I well remember using a coat hanger to do up the tight jeans but I can't remember what we did if we had to go to the toilet!!! Must have been a case of no intake means no outgoing!

Have a good day all
Catch you later

Anna

Solly 01-23-2003 04:44 PM

Good afternoon.

It's been pretty quiet here today and on the board. Getting ready to head home in the freezing cold. No plans other than working out and sitting in front of the fireplace. May have to do my walking tape just to warm up.

No plans for dinner. I hate when I don't plan my meals. Soup sounds good. Nothing heavy.

Gator, Wow a grapefruit tree, That would be nice cause I love them.

Fillise, If I know we are going to a Mexican rest. I take triscuits to dip in the salsa and cheese. It really helps to have something, but not near as good as those chips and ritas.

Mom2Marsh, 2 lbs is great and 26 is awesome. Keep up the good work, pretty soon there won't be roll over those skintight jeans :lol:

Linworth, I don't like shrimp, but since you do I hope you enjoyed your salad and soup. Soup is great on days like this one.

ACW, staying the same is ok. It takes your body time to adjust.

Have a great evening everyone. Try to stay warm.

Jackie
257/162/145
10-10-01

DawnStorm 01-23-2003 04:47 PM

Busy day at work...

Well it keeps me off the streets:D

Trishieloo: my late Dad served in WW2 and my husband was in the USN (been out since 1996). I've always been very concious of who I owe my freedom to, and the events of the past 18 months have made me even more so.
:drill:

LinworthLady: the muffins turned out great! They're rather dense, but still good! My husband and I finished those suckers off real fast! :ink:

Debelli: I paid $2.29 for one bottle of Agave. Not the biggest bottle in the world though. My Organic Market is not that far from Bethesda; just take 355 North to Parklawn Drive and turn right. You'll pass White Flint Mall and go up a slight hill. My Organic Market is located in a small strip mall at the bottom of this hill right before a road called Boiling Brook. :goodvibes

Lessee, what thrilling thing have I done today? Pretty busy at work, but I did go out for my daily lunchtime walk. :cool: Not sure if I'll walk the dogs tonight. Have to wash clothes, and I do have a treadmill. If any of you have ever walked dogs on wide-open school fields, then you know how the wind can cut through you like a knife. Last year I bought a down coat for $17 for just that reason. That thing is toasty warm but a :censored: to drive in! How'd I get a down coat for $17? I got it at a cleaners--someone took it in for cleaning and never picked it up. Their loss is my gain! :dancer:

Mom2Marsh 01-23-2003 04:57 PM

Dawn- My dad was in the USN for 20 years. I pretty much grew up in Virginia while he was station in Norfolk. I think I'm one of the only people in the world who actually liked living there!

--Kat

GatorGal 01-23-2003 05:55 PM

Fillise--I know you were happy about that win. Always good to beat the Dookies, eh!
You're probably thinking about Monet's daughter--It is your daughter, isn't it, Monet. Unfortunately, my daughter is not engaged, and there's no one in sight. I'd love to have a garden wedding for her in our back yard.

Well, back to the French. I'll probably get home about 10pm because my class already runs late.
Stay warm everyone.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 01-23-2003 07:03 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I went back to work today, but the belly is still aching :dizzy:
I just ate supper and I have a knawing sensation in there...I just pray this isn't an ulcer! :eek: Could be gall bladder, since it's settled on the right side under the rib cage...I've got to go pee in a cup tomorrow....we now know it's not a virus...that's even more scary :(

I'm getting ready to climb up in the four poster, didn't sleep last night, just flopped around all night not being able to get comfortable!
Skeeter got up with a bad cough this morning...sounds like croup!
It's a never ending battle with this fur child of mine!

I'm sorry I can't get to everyone....I just don't feel good...at all!

BOB

lindarn 01-23-2003 09:12 PM

Hi everyone...just a quick question......long story short: I'm on fertility meds & have gained 31 lbs in 15 months (and I'm still not pregnant yet), so I am having to accept the fact that as long as I'm on these drugs, I'm not going to lose any weight & praying very hard not to keep gaining. No matter what I've tried, it just doesn't seem to help and I do try to get at least 3 hours of exercise in every week. So.... what I'm trying to do is to concentrate more on being healthy instead of losing weight.

My question is simple: Since It seems that I'm not going to lose weight, but definitely like the sugar buster way of life....are the no-sugar products ok for me? or should I not eat them at all?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Lin....

Ellen 01-23-2003 09:23 PM

GATOR: My daughter got married last June. I think she must be thinking of Jack K's daughter, who is getting married in May, I believe.

Here is a Friday Funny a bit early:

The Scientist

God is sitting in heaven when a scientist prays to Him. "God, we don't
need you anymore. Science has finally figured out a way to create life
out of nothing - in other words, we can now do what you did in the
beginning."
"Oh, is that so? Tell Me..." replies God. "Well," says the scientist,
"we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of you and breath life
into it, thus creating man." "Well, that's very interesting...show Me."
So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil
into the shape of a man.
"No, no, no..." interrupts God, "Get your own dirt."

BarbC 01-23-2003 11:24 PM

Hi, All. I'm a newbie. I have been on Atkins for 3 months and stayed faithful..given up coffee, added excercise (now up to 5x per week) didn't have ONE Christmas cookie and I just am not losing....maybe I lose 1 lb/month in a good month. Atkins worked for me before, but now....not. I have read the SB Book...am wondering if the increase in veg/fruit and reduction in fat is what I need. has anyone else been thru this or have any insight?

fruitloupe 01-23-2003 11:41 PM

Hey everyone!

Had a better day today - but not perfect! Started working again at my 2nd job - so I'm pooped! Tonight we had a float meeting. We are getting ready for Mardi Gras again- can't wait. This year our float is E.T. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures for you!

DEB: You just need to make a tape of the "speech" and just play it on my answering machine! I don't think hubby will mind if we have Loupe's Lodge open for the gathering!!! It will be fun!

GATOR: Je suis si impressionné de votre français! Je parle un petit français Cajun - mais non beaucoup! Je peux comprendre ce que vous écrivez en français juste d'y être exposé au cours des années. Vous serez prêts pour d'outre-mer(étranger) avant que vous ne le sachiez(le connaissiez) - la conversation le français couramment. So, did you get all of that? If it's wrong - you can blame the English - French translation website! hahaha - you didn't think I actually knew all of that stuff! I said I can read what you write - but I can't write it!! hahahaha :D

Ok ladies - got to get to bed!

Missy
286/253.5/170

sef 01-24-2003 12:57 AM

HiedieHo All!

I am so bummed! I just wrote a nice long post, I saved a long the way as I made each entry. The computer went down and I lost it all!!!!! How could it? I saved for Pete's sake!!!!

I am too tired from sitting here s long to go back through the board and do it all over again!

Basically it's this.

YELLOW: Have the operation, why prolong the agony? QUILT and jewelry makers: What fun I used to make shell jewelry when I was younger, also floral arrangements that I framed, used to sell them. When I married I made mty attendants sets of earrings, bracelets and necklaces. HEART: Prayers for Boogie. QUILT: If Nexiu, doesn't work ask about Protonix, that's what I take and it really has helped. BOB and someone else: Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrom, can be very annoying. DEB: Your anniversary post was great! FILLISE: what an exciting life you lead. MONET: A good thing for depression is this board, I always get a lift when I come here. MOM2: HAven't met you bbut a belated welcome.

There were others I can't remember!

I also teased the southern belles about their being cold. I must still have my mountain blood, Louisianians don't know mountains, I wear jeans and a short sleeve Tshirt and everyone else is dressed to go skiing! You'd think it was freeziong or something. Now our Canadian friends know cold!

Am tired, enough is enough. Still mad about the post loss, I saved damn it!

See you tomorrow.

Shirley