3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/20-1/26 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/23979-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-1-20-1-26-a.html)

music teach 01-24-2003 04:04 PM

Hi y'all. Long time, no post. I have been checking in everyday but I'm way behind. Anyway, WIW showed no changed from last week. I'm afraid that played a little with my mind today. We had a potluck at school and I indulged in the brownies. Four weeks of being near 100%, too. :( Oh well, onward. Like I said, until today my eating has been great. I've also been walking 2 miles every day at school. The district has started a wellness program and teams are competing to have the highest total miles by the end of the school year. I'll be happy when the results from good eating and exercising show up. Sorry I can't reply to everyone. I'm just tooooo far behind.

Oh yeah. I mentioned last week about my 3rd graders and their UIL competition. We earned 1st place.:D It's a team event, so all three of them got medals. We also had the top three scores, so I was very proud of them.

Solly 01-24-2003 04:38 PM

Good afternoon,

Friday is almost over. Yeah!

Going to happy hour as usual. Probably go to one of the couple's house afterwards. They have the most precious twins 18 months old. I just love to play with them.

No big plans for the weekend. That's unusual. Have a super bowl party to go to but don't think we are going after all.

Disney Blonde, I think your clothes being bigger and how you feel means more than that scale. Love your self-control. Good luck.

Mom2Marsh, Yeah for the legal food this morning. Don't you love it when people think about you too. Congrats on your new car. I used to love to xstitch, before the eyes went. :lol: Loved the pic of Marsh. What a cutie.

Deb, guess you didn't have to worry about eating breakfast for lunch today with those maggots on yuor table. Have a great day with all those kids there :yikes: and then you have more girls coming tonight for Laurne? I'd be taking valium by now.

Fillise, I've got 2 grown daughters you can have for awhile. Theya re driving me crazy for sure. Boy do I feel stupid knowing you have a Ph D. I will have to proof my typing for sure now. It is me who has the DD getting married in May. I'm gonna need all the luck I can get and money too.

Monet, loved the FF I was really laughing.

Sef,love dthe joke about the remote, fat cells and I must old as dirt.

Trish, just remember everything in moderation on those martinis. Good for you having legal snacks prepared. I'm pulling for the Bucs too. DH os a Raider fan so I always take the other team, just makes it more fun. We usually make a little bet :censored:

Music, Congrats to your class on the competition. Those brownies were just calling your name weren't they. Good to hear from you. Keep in touch. Al lthat walking should show some results.

Have a great weekend. Hope I get to check in sometime Sat or Sun.:wave:

Jackie

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 01-24-2003 07:20 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!! :(

BOB is just down right not feeling good. The temp is back up, and even my lips are hot....A woman with hot lips can be good, or in my situation.....BAD!!!!

I went to the Dr this morning and they made me pee in a cup....
For all of you who know what BETADINE is, well that was the
color I shot in that cup :?: For those of you who dont????It's THIS COLOR!!!! :eek:
They put me on a 7 day antibiotic, and I have to pick up a script for PYRIDIUM which will make it even more orange...this drug cleans out my kidneys. My belly is still hurting on the right side,
and I just don't have any desire to eat! I've lost 6 lbs since Monday. Sure not the way I wanted to do it!
I'm putting my big arse to bed, with my big old water jug, prop the pillows and I know I'll be asleep within minutes!

TRISH....make sure you stuff the olives with either gorgenzola or blue cheese....that's what makes the whole drink! Ask for extra...
We ate a whole plate of them!

Katrina...thanks for the prayers...I don't know what this is, and to quote the Dr, the culture was positive for many things, they just didn't know what and had to send it to a lab...WOE IS BOB!!

Gals...thanks for all the good wishes...I'll try to check in tomorrow.

BOB

Debelli 01-24-2003 07:54 PM

QUICKIE,

Kids, kids, kids, all day long!:yikes: I had some come, some go, one here since last night, staying again tonight, Nephew came, sleeping here as well, dozen kids in my family room. ELI just came home, he's making some dinner-I made a pit stop at the "urination station" and then here for a sec. Just wanted to pop in and say howdy:wave: Will try to get on here sometime tomorrow afternoon!!

{{{HUGS}}}:grouphug:

Deb

Nomoresugar 01-24-2003 08:21 PM

TGIF! Haven't posted in a few days and will try to catch up. I went to a luncheon for a dear friend on Wednesday - her dh threw it for her 61 birthday. Lucky gal. A friend decorated the tables with lovely flowers and M&M's - when we asked her where she got that idea from - the birthday gal's name begins with M!(they weren't sugar free). I did have a glass of wine and ate a bit of the dessert - but was fine otherwise. Thursday was the visit to the Oral Surgeon......next Friday he will go into the site of the Apico root canal (via the gum) that I had in July and try to fix it.....he feels the pain I am having is because there is infection still there. If it still hurts down the road - out comes the tooth!

I posted a recipe called Crockpot Beef Stew that I made for dinner tonight. It was sooooooo good.

Fillese - Your trip to Montgomery sounded awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of you in your gown!

Debbie - I went to Whole Foods in Boca again on Thursday - still out of Agave! But I did get those yummy biscotti! One a day!!!! Please please please tell me where I can get that Drama Queen tshirt!!!! My 15 year old gd in Coral Springs is in the High School theater group and another one too. I would love to get it for her. I would love to meet for lunch - as soon as it warms up after my mouth surgery! OMG, Debby - this is cold!!! Yes I know - no sympathy from the northerners. And dh forgot to turn the heat on last night LOL. I'm living in sweat suits - day and night.

Quilter - Vanzant also wrote a marvelous read called "Yesterday I Cried."

Bob - Hope you are feeling better.

HeartMom - I will keep praying for your little one.

Gatorgal - Orlando is even colder than Boynton!! When are you going to France? We have been there 3 times and I loved each trip. Je parle un peu. Before we went the second time, we took French lessons and didn't do too badly in the countryside. The people there were so nice - and OMG - the food. If you can lose 100 pounds before you go - LOL. The water and wheat there make for the best bread and pastries in the world. On the good side - the fish and veggies are yummy.

Gracious - I remember getting into jeans that were skin tight after I had my three kids when I was 34...............but it is now 30 years later! I guess I should be happy with a size 10 - but want that 8 back again. Still have lots of 8's in the closet waiting for me.

Welcome Barb - I never did do Atkins. Been on SB for 2 1/2 years and like this WOE!

Thanks everyone, for the FF's. Sef - I do remember those Burma Shave signs. We would look for them whenever we took a ride. And I am emailing them to all my senior pals.

:) Have a great weekend, everyone!

Debelli 01-24-2003 08:46 PM

My offer for FRIDAY FUNNIES:

1. Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

2. Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

3. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

4. Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?

5. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

6. Why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance that little indestructible black box is?

7. Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

8. So what's the speed of dark?

9. How come abbreviated is such a long word?

10. Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

11. If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

12. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a Train stops On my desk, I have a work station.

13. If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

14. If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, 'Quit while you're ahead'?

15. Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?

16. Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do . . . write to these men? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they deliver the mail?

17. How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?

18. Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

19. Whose cruel idea was it for the word 'lisp' to have an 's' in it?

20. Why does an 'X' stand for a kiss?

The Quilter 01-24-2003 08:54 PM

Fabulous Friday

Hi All!!!!

Just checking in to say howdee!!! Boy, oh boy, did I ever get a wake up call today. There were pictures on my desk from our office Christmas party. Oh my gosh, I?m HUGE!!! Talk about being in denial!! I had no idea it was THAT bad. Here?s the good thing. I didn?t get all depressed about it. I just said, well it?s a good thing you are getting yourself back on track because you?ve got a TON of work ahead of you. (No pun there.) That was the brick in the forehead I needed. I?m going to take some of those large-size shots and keep them with me to ?inspire? me.

GRACIOUS---You are cracking me up about the tight jeans. I have never worn a size 7 unless it was a girl?s size 7. I remember those jordache jeans. We thought we were hot back then. Thanks for the prayers. You are such a sweetie.

SEF---Thanks for the tip on the medicine. I felt so much better today that I even forgot to take the little purple pill. Hey, you made jewelry? That?s so cool. I should have expected it though because you are so crafty. I would love to see some of your stuff.

DEB---You sound like the ?Koolaid Mom?. Everybody wants to be at your house. Party central!

NOMORESUGAR---I haven?t read Yesterday I cried. But I imagine all her books have a lot to offer. She seems so wise.

BOB---Sorry to hear that you?re still not feeling better. I hope the doctor has the magic touch to get rid of that fever for you. That?s worrisome. Take it easy this weekend. Lots of rest. HUGS!

Well, I know I missed some people, and I am sorry about that. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My eating has been great for the past two days. (Wow, I?m on a roll!!!) There was cheesecake in the freezer at work and I refrained. I just kept thinking about those jumbotron pictures of me and that cake didn?t look nearly as good. I am counting WW points to help with the portions. Large portions are my downfall.

Tomorrow is my big day with tutor training. i think I have everything ready in the classroom so there shouldn?t be much to do in the morning. I have 22 people signed up. I would love having at least 20 in attendance. What a great way to start the year. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I?m a little nervous. But I know once we get going, it will all come together.

Take care, my friends.
Kim

BigKnightsMomma 01-24-2003 09:17 PM

hi everyone,

thanks so much for all the supportive thoughts and wishes, each day gets a little better. I FOUND A HOUSE! the funny thing is, it is on the street behind my current house! it will work out the best for sarah as she does not have to change schools and is still in her neighborhood with her friends. i think it could be a little weird having my ex so close, but it is only until our house sells. the house is in great shape and has only had one owner, a little retired couple who died within a year of each other, price was not too bad and it has all the appliances even a microwave and a washer/dryer. i move in the weekend of the first! my friends at work are talking about having a divorce shower! kind of a strange but fun idea! again thanks for all the support and caring.

work has been very busy so i should eventually be able to go back fulltime, i now need the benefits and the extra money as a new single mom.

i would love to address all the posts but i have lots of packing to do, anybody want to come to a moving party? sure hope the weather warms up a little, temperatures in the 30's are not what i like at my age.

i am going to have a weigh in saturday i have been doing better with my eating and can tell by my clothes that i am still losing but i have not been on the scale since the orlando visit!

take care all, hope everyone feels better soon, oh and GO TAMPA!

your friend,

chris

sef 01-25-2003 12:08 AM

HiedieHo All!

Just thought I would check to what's happening!

TRISH: Super Bowl? What's that? I'll probably watch a movie or HGTV. I do watch the opening and half-time events. My church's Youth Group is selling hoagies, cookies and a drink for $5. I'm getting three for the kids. I'll stay legal thank you!

MUSIC: You must be a good teacher to have your students place first!

BOB: You poor thing, you don't a shot of something! Southern Comfort maybe. Have enough and you'll forget about everything else! Hope they find the cause and then treat it effectively.

DEB: Look at it this way, you know where your kids are!

NOMORE: Yes I have sympathy for all you freezing bells. I admitted it was too cold to be running around in a muumuu and barefeet outside! Just snuggle down in a big blanket and a shot of SC! See above. I can remember looking for those signs too, we thought the sayings were quite a howl.

QUILT: Relax, take a deep breath and all will be fine for your tutoring. Pictures can be a wake up call or depressing. Glad yours opened your eyes. Hard to deny something in living color!

BKM: How wondeful you found a house! Sounds really nice. A divorce shower seems very sensible to me. You lose a lot of things if you have divided things up.

FF:

Kids Proverbs

A first grade teacher collected well known proverbs. She gave each child
in her class the first half of a proverb and asked them to come up with
the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually
done by first graders, but there are some good ones, nonetheless, and
their insight may surprise you.

Better to be safe than......................punch a 5th grader.
Strike while the ..............................bug is close.
It's always darkest before................Daylight Savings Time.
Never underestimate the power of....termites.
You can lead a horse to water but....how?
Don't bite the hand that...................looks dirty.
No news is.....................................impossible.
A miss is as good as a.....................Mr.
You can't teach an old dog new.......math.
If you lie down with dogs, you'll......stink in the morning.
Love all, trust.................................me.
The pen is mightier than the............pigs.
An idle mind is...............................the best way to relax.
Where there's smoke there's............pollution.
Happy the bride who......................gets all the presents.
A penny saved is............................not much.
Two's company, three's..................the Musketeers.
Don't put off till tomorrow what.......you put on to go to bed.
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and.....you have to blow
our
nose.
There are none so blind as.............. Stevie Wonder.
Children should be seen and not.......spanked or grounded.
If at first you don't succeed.............get new batteries.
When the blind leadeth the blind......get out of the way.
And the favorite:
Better late than..............................pregnant.

you know you are living in the year 2003 when:
1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have e-
mail.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can
create a screen saver.
4. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is
home.
5. Every commercial on television has a web site address at the bottom of the
screen.
6. You buy a computer and 3 months later it's out of date and sells for half the price
you paid.
7. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30
(or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
8. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a
hassle and take planning.
9. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
10. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
11. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
12. Your idea of being organized is multiple-colored Post-it notes.
13. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
14. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
15. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled
the plug on a loved one.
16. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
17. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your E-mail on your way
back to bed.
18. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
19. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
20. Even worse; you know exactly who you are going to forward this to...

See y'all tomorrow!

Shirley

Debelli 01-25-2003 06:52 AM

Hey All:wave:

Well, I'm pooped, and I'd REALLY like to go to bed already, but there's still a half dozen kids here and it's a half hour past the time they were supposed to be picked up. Now, common, is it me, or what? I would NEVER be late to pick up my child from a party, esp. not one this late at night. I have to be up really early tomorrow to take MICHAEL and his friend Alex to take their SAT'S. They have to be at the testing school by 8am. Eli's asleep, Michael and Alex are asleep and I sit here waiting for parents to come get their children so I too can hit the hay. I can't be rude and go to sleep before all the kids are gone, so up I stay. Only good thing about it is it give me a little time to post!

I've been really keeping better track of some of my intakes now that I've recommitted. I found that I was eating a lot bigger portions of many things, starchy carbs and fruits for the most part. Now that I'm aware what constitutes a serving of fruit I concluded that I was eating waaaay more than the recommended daily allowances. For intance, I'd eat a large Asian pear and count it as one fruit, where, in fact, with say some that were 12 ounces, that would actually be considered as 2 fruits. Even though I am not a starchy carb person per say, eating a ff ww tortilla would be over 1 starchy carb right there, then there were other things, not as bad as the fruit, but still, something I need to be more aware of. So, this is something I am keeping better track of at this time - hope it helps.

I'm really hoping that I'll lose a pound a week (on average), will be happy if this happens as I fastly approach my 3 year SB ANNIVERSARY. Won't know for sure if this is taking place as you all know I've sworn off stepping on the scale for a while and won't do WIW until March 22nd (though it may fall on a WIT or WIF). I can already feel the benefits of being back OP and honestly, it does feel great. I know I'll go through ups and downs again in the future, there's just no way in the world anyone can stay 100% OP the rest of their life, but at least I made it to my goal weight and have been able to basically maintain since and that's what's important to me. Also knowing that if I go off the wagon and do gain "some weight" back that I can catch myself before I do too much damage which seems to be what I have been able to do. Something I had a hard time doing diets past.

Want to try and get in at least a few replies...

TONI, trust me, I'm really not all that busy. Wish I were, would sure keep me out of the fridge more. Ummm, we actually have 3 working computers, the newer desktop and 2 laptops. The problem is everyone wants to be on-line and I can't tie up the regular phone. MICHAEL doesn't let anyone use his laptop and since he's always on the desktop as well, I gave the other laptop to LAUREN to use. Now, if you want to count the old computer, though it has a virus, we have 4 in the house at the moment! WOW, 1 year on SB coming up! That's wonderful!!! Romance novels, never got in to those, if I had the time, I'd probably pick up a trashy one;)

JACKK, we southern girls just ***** so well that we'll ***** about anything, including the weather. I'll ***** when it's cold, then I'll ***** that it's too hot-you know we're entitled, being women and all;) I do have to agree with you, I have learned more doing SB than I have being on any other diet in my entire life. I think these things I've learned have helped me in more ways than one and will do so the rest of my life. Thanks, about the kids. I just thank God they like school and are good at it to the point I don't have to get on their cases-it would be awful if they came to me for help with homework ever-each year I wonder if I could pass an elementary school grade with the things they do-it's scarey! MICHAEL wants to take the SAT'S 3 times so he can take the highest score. He scored really high on the PSAT's, so I'm hoping he'll do well with these as well.

GATOR, this is from MICHAEL:

Gail,

Vous parlez (ou ecrivez) cette langue bien. Pas mal. :) J'aime la langue. Je peux l'utiliser avec Eli, qui le parle, et ma mere ne comprend pas. Hehehe... Ou en francais, hohoho. Etudiez bien, aussi!

--Michael

He hasn't told me what you wrote or what he wrote yet:)

Okay, well, it's morning, just woke up. Was doing this post late last night when the kids who were still here and LAUREN needed the computer, so I was ousted once again. I finally went to sleep when there were just 2 kids left and I heard they weren't leaving til 12:45am!:eek: Now, I'm up and have to get ready to take Michael and Alex for the test. Just wanted to get this up and posted. Will try to pick up where I left off later today!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

{{{HUGS}}}:grouphug:

Debbie

GatorGal 01-25-2003 11:22 AM

Fruit--LOL. I was impressed out of my gourd with your French. And then I read the part about your using a translation site. That’s funny!

BarbC--I am typing this in a word document as I read, so I don’t know if someone has responded to your query yet or not. I am having the same experience. I have discovered that I am hypothroidic. That is, my thyroid is underactive, which makes losing weight very hard. Right now I am working with a doctor to try to get on the right med. that will get my body back revving up like it used to. I eat pretty carefully, although probably not as carefully as your post sounded like you do. And I walk about 3 miles 5 days or so a week. I have not seen the scale budge much at all. I know it is discouraging. How old are you. I will be 60 in a couple of weeks and I have read that it is not rare for this thyroid thing to be a problem for women of my age.
Monet, who posts on this board, also can give you information regarding this. I think she knows a lot more than I do about it.
If that is not your problem, just keep being faithful with the eating and exercise, and eventually it will start coming off.

NomoreSugar--we are going to France in May. Will be there for a whole month: several days staying with a French couple that we met in Cuba, and then 3 weeks at a villa in southern france that we are renting. I agree about the food. The bread is great. Definitely not SGWW. It is not SB legal, nor are the desserts. But I don’t think I’m gonna worry about it too much. I probably will try to keep the simple starches, except fro fruit, fairly low, and enjoy the meat and veggies to the max. I agree that the restaurants are the best. We didn’t have a bad meal there when we were there a few years ago. And the people were great! They are especially nice when foreign visitors try to speak their language. So I want to be able to speak enough to carry on a conversation with the people that we will be visiting for those few days at the beginning of our trip.

BKM--I agree. Go for the shower! Might as well have some fun in the midst of all the changes you are going through. Congrats on your losing the weight. Keep going, kid. With all the other changes, this is a good time for that too.

Michael--C’est une bonne idée pour parler français avec Eli, ainsi votre mere ne comprend pas! LOL. J’espère que vous puissez visiter à la France bientôt.

My butterfly garden looks horrible with a lot of gray looking perenials out there. I think that the 25? temps may have done them in. We have one plant we knew the cold would kill--a hibiscus. We wrapped it in a blanket and put a lamp out under the blanket. I’m sure it will survive, although all the leaves are now gone. Here in FL things grow quickly, so the garden should come back pretty well, I’m hoping.

I had the nicest experience yesterday. I bought a little ceramic dreidel shaped like a pomegranate for my sister, who collects them. On the way back to my car with it, I dropped the package and it broke. It was expensive and I just felt sick about it. So when i got home, I checked out the internet and found a place in Conn. where they repair broken porcelain, china, etc. Their website said “We hold a little bit of history in our hands every day.” Something about that phrase just touched me, so I wrote a little story about my finding the dreidel, and then waiting until the Christmas sales on Dec. 26 to go back and ask the owner if he would reduce the price enough so I could afford it. I described how I felt when the dreidel broke, and tried to write it with pathos and imagination. I sent the story along with the dreidel, with the remark that even brand new items have their own little history. The people responded via e-mail that they had received the dreidel and had enjoyed my story and that they would be letting me know how much the job would cost. I e-mailed them back with another little story re. the dreidel and a few other tidbits. So I didn’t hear back for a couple of weeks and was wondering what was up with the cost of the repair, so I could decide whether I could afford it. Yesterday, the dreidel arrived back in the mail, repairs free! What a nice surprise.
I was so touched that I went to the ceramic store and painted a plate to send to the couple that did the repair work. I wrote the words “God mends broken hearts. Paul & Christine mend ‘broken aparts’ ” on it. I painted two big hands holding the dreidel with a heart in the middle of it. It was fun and I hope the couple feels that it is adequate compensation for their work, which, BTW, was perfect. You would never know that that dreidel had been dropped at all.

I actually got a 2.5 mile walk in yesterday, even though it was COLD. My DH and I worked out last night right before dinner and I squeezed in a walk in the 45 min before I left. I walked a bit longer than I had planned, actually, but a big dog came running out of his yard where the gate had been left open, barking furiously at me, so I decided to take another way back home so I wouldn’t have to walk by him again. That’s how I got in an extra .5 mile. I do carry some pepper spray with me, but don’t want to have to use it if I don’t have to.

We went out to eat at the club where my DH plays golf and where we worked out at the weight room. Weird. All the veggies were cold, so I asked them if they could take them back and nuke them to warm them up. No problem! But when they came back they were colder than before. So I just sent the whole meal back, which was mostly veggies anyway, and asked them to start over. By this time my DH had finished his supper. After about a 10 min wait, I decided I was no longer hungry. I guess I was really irritated. So we left w/o my having supper. On the way out we stopped to chat with some friends in the lounge, and ended up staying where I had “dinner”--a frozen brandy alexander. Yum. Just like a dessert. Bad Gail! No no! But it was good and I didn’t even mind about not having my original dinner. Some days I just get lucky, I guess!

We are going over to friends for Superbowl watching. There will be 4 couples that are good friends and so I am looking forward to a nice evening.

Gotta go. Have a great day everyone. Au revoir. A bientôt.

sef 01-25-2003 11:24 AM

HiedieHo All!

Today is going to be rough and I thought I'd come say hello before starting out. I was foolish and scheduled two things for one day. Sometimes that's okay depending on the activity. The YAH is going out to lunch, have an organizational meeting and then will tour the local museum and then the historical society museum. That means a lot of being on my feet. Then tonight I had scheduled ushering at the SLT, that means being on the feet for a while. Not a good idea. But I am committed so I will be in poor straits tomorrow!

Okay enough moaning about my own inadequencies.

DEB: I was a Girl Scout leader for many years. Meetings were after school at the Borough Building. If I had a nickel for all the times I sat and waited for parents to pick up there kids I'd be rich. Some parents would be an hour late! These parents did not have emergencies just inconsideration. I finally said that if a child was not picked up within 15 minutes by a responsible adult, the parent would have to withdraw their child from GS. That really helped. And this was in the days of SAMs! Be glad this is a one shot deal! Re: the portion control. Having a hard time since Christmas cheat and it probably has a lot to do with portion control, will start to monitor today!

My DD can be a pain in the butt at times! I am supposed to make her an afghan. She sent me a swatch from the furniture store and said I had to return it with in ten days or she would have to pay for it, she included money to mail it back in flat rate envelope. Of course I went out and matched yarns right away (got the color name and numbers) and returned it ASAP. Then she calls to make sure I mailed it (like I wouldn't!), then got into this big discussion about how close the yarn matches. I tried to explain that two fo the colors are ******* colors and not exact matcheable in any of the brands available. She's not a crafty (as in artsy crafty) person and doesn't realize differences. Like the yarn color has a different name than the color in the swatch. It's a maroon shade and every company will give it a different name. I told her to check with other furniture companies and she'd find different names for the same color. She a bright intelligent girl, but sometimes so dense. She's very concrete! I feel it would be better to make an afghan using one of the matching colors, she thinks a single color would be boring. Now wants photos sent of patterns. The material is busy, she doesn't need a busy afghan. Oh well, it's her house. But nothing is ever easy with her!

Okay enough gripe.

Take care.

Shirley

sef 01-25-2003 11:35 AM

HiedieHo All!

GATOR: We were posting st the same time.

What a nice story about the dreidel, how thoughtful both you and the couple who did the repairs are. With so much bad news in the papers etc., it's nice to read good things!

Take care.

Shirley

CountryMom4Him 01-25-2003 12:39 PM

Good morning all.

It's beautiful..it's about 43 outside. Just warm enough to quit shivering. I even braved a walk yesterday and it was wonderful. It was nice to get out and about. It was only 25 minutes but good minutes..a nice brisk pace. Down a couple of pounds since Wed. but you know how that goes..up down up down..LOL I've thought a lot about why the scales aren't really moving downward....and also focusing on being happy with the changes that have taken place. My two year anniversary is the same month as your three year anniversary Deb...thought that was kinda neat. I don't know the exact day though. The first year was awesome..weight flying off..energy up. Second year it was more of a year of maintaining and only a slight loss. As I'm heading into year 3 I've been journaling and other than too much fat I'm pretty much on track. Too little calories most days..can you believe it..LOL I remember the day when I ate everything that didn't eat me first.

Gatoer what a neat story about your driedal...and how cool of you to make them such a precious gift. I'm sure they will treasure it.

Deb.....sorry you didn't get to bed till late. I don't think some people think. That and some people can't be punctual if they tried. I'm the early bird sort...can't stand to be late.

Sef....I bet the afhgan is going to be just lovely. I love to crochet but it's been a few years. The cost of yarn drives me batty. I have picked my colors and put them in the buggy only to put them back about 3 times so far.....Maybe you can take a picture of it when you finish.

Chris...congratulations on finding a house so quickly and near your daughters school. A party sounds like just the thing to have.

Quilter....I bet the pictures aren't as bad as you think. I think we tend to be tougher on ourselves than we should be. Full body shots are my least favorite...yucky pooey.

Nomoresugar...praying your dental visit goes well and you don't have to lose the tooth.

Bob....sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. Praying you are feeling better in no time.

Today is calling and I'm not moving yet. So I guess I'd better get the kids some lunch and get the blood flowing. Hope you are all having a super weekend. And remember you ARE the best you there is. Focus on the treasure that you are. Be blessed and encouraged.

Love,
Crystle

Fillise 01-25-2003 12:51 PM

Saturday Morning

Still cold here, but not quite as frigid as the last couple of days. I'm still fighting hoarseness and a cough as well as that crampy feeling from TOM. I think I'm taking it easy today!

BOB--Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Hope the doc gets whatever it is knocked out of us so that you can be back to your sassy self soon!:lol:

Shirly--sounds like you have a busy day! I hope you aren't too hard on your feet--I sympathize as I was on my feet for two solid days last week. The one thing I look forward to most about losing weight is less foot pain!

Gator--That was so sweet about the dreidel. You will have a great trip to France and I wouldn't worry too much about the bread either. In fact, I bet you will find all kinds of hearty, crusty breads. But remember that France is where SB came from originally, you will probably be able to eat extraordinarily well and not too far off program!

Deb--What time did the inconsiderate parents come to get their kiddies? I hope Michael does well on his SAT today. I remember taking those--NOT my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning!

Chris--Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough year, but you seem to be handling it well. I'm thinking about you and hope you will let us know how things are going! Good luck with the new house, it sounds perfect for you!

Quilter--those pictures really are a wake-up call aren't they? Good for you for turning them into a positive motivational tool!

Jackie--Have you ever seen my typing???? I think I'm the worst on the board! :^: I hope your cats pulverize the tide today!

OK--I've got to make myself eat something. When I'm in the crampy stage of TOM I never want to eat. Then when the cramps subside, I'm ravenous. The thought of food makes me nauseous, but I do need to try to put a little something on my stomach--maybe some yogurt,

Have a great day everyone!

Susan