3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/2-9/8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/19674-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-9-2-9-8-a.html)

CountryMom4Him 09-06-2002 12:36 PM

Good morning!

Boy it sure feels good to finally be feeling better. Still a little tired but wayyyyy better than the last few days. Thank you for the well wishes.

JoAnn Howdy! Are you familiar with the Sunbeam discount bread store in Conroe? You can get sugar free whole wheat or regular whole wheat for next to nothing. It's anywhere from 3 loaves for a dollar to 3 loaves for a dollar fifty...and it's pretty fresh too. It's off of the loop if you've never been. I agree with Jack K..I pretty much cook and eat things I use to before SB. I don't eat a lot of pasta or rice though. When I do I consider it a treat. My family doesn't whine if I made whole wheat lazagna or bell peppers stuffed with brown rice and goodies..so they are making a few changes with me. Sometimes it's hard because I know they will always eat things I can't..but hey..it's worth it not to carry around the extra person that use to live on this body. :)
Walmart has the best prices I've found to get the whole wheat products. If you know of another give me a shout.

Serene loved the picture of you all. It looks like you were having such a blast.

Deb ...yeah..glad the good side won for ya this morning. I need to get out myself before this weather moves in...but I can always work out even if it rains. Yesterday the kiddos had changed the steps on my pedometer..so it read extra miles..ugh..so I went for the minutes instead. I wish it was 6 miles in only 40 minutes..lol

Rosalie Thanks for the recipe..my husband loves sweet rice. I might have to spring this one on him sometime.

Idblond Hope you are feeling better soon. Praying you get fair treatment. And if you need a lawyer you get a good one.

Cherylco saying prayers for your moma. You did good only eating half a candy bar. It's hard to sit in the hospital and wait. That and they don't give you a lot of good snacking choices. You are doing so good with you WOE.

Jack K You go girl with all that exercising...pass some of that energy my way please. :D

Have a GREAT day!

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140

Tranquil 09-06-2002 01:08 PM

Happy Friday!!!

:eek: That picture!!! I am so glad I posted a NORMAL pic! Thanks Serene - you are funny!!! :s:

Monet - The storm was a dud - it never did anything but dump rain on us - no high winds, our thunderstorms that blow in that blow my trash cans down the street are A LOT WORSE!!! I am getting to where when they categorize Hurricane/Tropical Storm/Gale warnings - it is NUTTIN' - but when they say regular Storm Warning - I run to cover! :D Hope you have a good weekend and that your back is doing better.

Country - I am so glad that you are feeling better - missed your input on the board! :)

Rosalie - Thank you for posting that recipe to Mercy - this weekend I am going to make it :smug: because I have AGAVE!!!!

Idblond - Well, I have a greyhound, but they are not outdoor dogs....or I would try to help you....mine would freak out if I put her outdoors for more than 5 minutes! The WHOLE WORLD would hear her complain! :D As for the legal assistance, What you need to do is just call a lawyer that deals with WC specifically and ask them when you need an attorney to be involved.....they should be able to tell you that much on the phone - if they cannot - call another and another and another till you reach one that is nice - because if they are not nice, that is the way they will treat you if you hire them- if they answer you and are accomodating - that is a good sign..... I don't deal with WC so I cannot help you, plus I am in Florida.

Mercy - I bet you thought we looked just "Marvelous" - like "Marvelously Strange!"!!!!! :D

Cherylco - Sorry to hear of your mom's health - but I hope she recovers quickly. Meanwhile, you need to find a health food store and buy Belgium Dark Chocolate bars that are not sweetened with refined sugar - only ones sweetened by fruit juice or beet juice - at least that way you have real pure chocolate and no refined sugar if you are going to cheat on yourself that way - make you feel less guilty......Just my honest opinion....but dont make it a habit!!! it is so easy to do!!! Your weight loss is great - keep up the good work!!!!

Fillise - Hope things ease up with your work.... Being busy can be a good thing, but when it gets overwhelming the stress can get too much - so take it easy!!! Don't let your immune system run down and end up sick - since everyone's suffering from colds and stuff - you don't need that!

Jack-K - 66 degrees - what's that feel like????????????? hahahaha - I am totally green with envy over those temps!!!! It is still hot and humid here! Feels like a sauna when I go outside..... Great getting your exercise - you are such a good girl! I am sure you feel terrific too :)

Well I will start another post in a minute - I am at work and it is busyyyyyyy....

Sabrina

Tranquil 09-06-2002 01:13 PM

JoAnn - WELCOME!!! :cb: Great that you are losing so well and enjoying eating healthy - I love it as well - glad you joined us on the board!

Deb - To our fearless :queen: I just want you to know that this weekend I am going to try making Tabouli for the first time, Hummus as well, and use my AGAVE :D to make some desserts - see how it all comes out.... This way I can experiment, have fun in the kitchen, and I will of course use Serene and DS as my guinea pigs - as well as my co-workers. Today at lunch I went to the HFS and got tabouli, greek salad - and so did 5 other ladies at the office - they said that they have been losing weight ever since they noticed how I was doing! Feels great! They see that they can have something really good for lunch and LOSE weight because of it....

Sabrina

fortytude 09-06-2002 01:19 PM

Newcomer!!

Hi All!!! I am new to this site and very excited to start. I started SB Aug. 23, 2002. I have only lost three pounds, but that is okay. Is this a slow weight loss WOE? Anyway, I will be asking alot of questions. I have been on every diet in the book, but can't seem to stick with 'em. I am starting at 170 but would like to get back to 130. Ugh!!! I just can't believe that I am up to a weight that I never thought I'd get to. Looking forward to good times together!!!

Rosemary aka...fortytude!!!:

cherylco 09-06-2002 01:44 PM

Jack-K the H-mill WW pancake mix is awesome! I put in some nutmeg also, with a little
cinnamon and if you don't make it real thick the pancakes taste better. imho

CountryMom4Him 09-06-2002 02:20 PM

Fortytude....

Hello Fortytude...I don't know how slow this WOE makes weight loss...I actually lost weight fast but I was heavier when I started. But over all it's been an easy to maintain weight loss...I'm kinda stuck right now at 155 but that's probably my fault. :) I've gotten lazy since I've lost the weight. Hang in there..the results are way more than just the scales. Even though I'm still heavy my clothes size is an 8 to a 10.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140

Tranquil 09-06-2002 03:03 PM

Fortytude

Welcome, and my experience is with this woe -

When things get slow I know it is because I am putting something in the meals that is too much, not enough, something - so journal what you eat - and then ask the ladies here for help..... you will definitely get the input needed to help you!!!!

So good luck and hope you use the board to your advantage and get yourself on a right track.....

:) Sabrina

Debelli 09-06-2002 04:05 PM

Hey All:wave:

Not much to tell on my end. Did get the pictures back from Michael's party. Since I had a new (used) camera I'm first glad they even came out, didn't know if they would. Great camera I got for $3.00, but didn't quite use it well. I need to make sure I'm not as close as I was, some pics came out blurry:( I'll have to get the paper and post the link for those who'd like to examine my photography skills later.

Made a delicious brunch today. Desided to dig out some FF WW Flour Tortillas from the freezer and threw one on the iron griddle, topped with a little sauce, some spices and an ounce of cheese, sprinkled a tiny amount of chopped olives on half and heated it up on there til the cheese was nicely melted and gooey - delicious!!!!

FILLISE, I hope things settle down for you, not good to always be in such a rush and not have some quality time for yourself.

CHERYL, glad to hear your DM is doing well and hasn't let this get her down as it can so easily do, and just so. You are right, the alternative is far worse. Hope the radiation goes well for her. Seems that new scale is behaving well for you, though I did have to laugh at your typo on the weight loss:lol: My DD is also 14 and she too has a weight problem, lucky her to be following in her DM's footsteps:rolleyes: I wish your DD wonderful luck on SB. Lauren wants nothing to do with healthy eating. Like your DD, she LOVES white rice and eats it plain-ick!:eek:

MERCY, I know I have recipes for brown rice rice pudding. Funny that you should ask for one as I've been looking through some of my books for a good sounding recipe to make some as I've had a craving for it lately. Will try to find one and let you know.

ROSALIE, I do think you told me this before-tend to forget stuff at my age, you know:lol: I believe there's is the recipe that I tried and screwed up and gave up on. Maybe I should try another, or stick to doing the ww tortilla crusts. RICE PUDDING RECIPE sounds good. I use skim, do you think that would make a big difference?

JACKK, don't use that mix due to the ingredients. Even though it has 1 gram of sugar, you have to look at the ingredients as a whole. I rarely eat pancakes, just not something I fancy all that often, but if I do, I have the FEARN SGWW Flour Pancake Mix which is TOTALLY SB LEGAL, so you may want to see if anyone in your area carries this brand for the future. With the Hodgson's, I dobut in limited quantity it will kill you, so if you already have it use it from time to time and just see if you have any kind of a reaction to it. LOVED THE QUOTE!!!!

COUNTRY, glad to see you are feeling better today:D One thing I keep reading about in magazines is how people are trying to get in 10,000 steps a day (I believe that's the number). Do you wear your pedometer all day, or just when you exercise? I have one but have never used it-like so many things I have!

TRANQUIL, seems you are motivating others as you motivate yourself to lose the weight-good job girlfriend! So you'll be cooking and baking this weekend? What taboulli recipe are you going to use? Of course, I hope you use my famous hummus recipe. ;) I don't think I'd ever pass up a chance to be one of your guinea pigs-SERENE sure is lucky!!!

FORTYTUDE, http://members.aol.com/eldemila/sb_sign1.jpg
Glad you've decided to join our wonderful group (yes, I am surely biased, and honest). ONLY 3 pounds? Three pounds is great! Any pounds lost is great. I don't know if I would say this is a slow losing WOE, some seem to lose faster than others, just depends on you and your metabolism, I guess. I know there are a lot of diet plans out there where you may drop 6-8 pounds in a week but when you look at the bottom line of those diets you've probably starved yourself or limited your intake to not include certain food groups. At least with SB you not only eat healthy and in the proper ratios but you can live doing this the rest of your life. There aren't many other plans that can say that. It would be interesting to know in your past attempts why you think you weren't able to follow whatever plan it was before giving up-what have you learned from past experiences? I too have been in the same boat, but since being on SB I've learned so much about nutrition AND about myself and my body and I think these are a couple things that learning about them have helped me lose the weight and be able to keep it off for over a year. QUESTIONS, don't hesitate to ask, I've always said, this is truly a learning experience and you can't learn unless you ask. So ask away, we are all more than happy to help and throw out our 2 cents! Thanks for posting yor BIO on the BIO BOARD. It was nice to learn a little more about you. I think it's so cool you make soap and candles-someting I'd love to learn to do. Do you sell them to stores? Do tell more!!!! Once again, WELCOME!!!

LDBLOND, I hope this condition doesn't get worse and doesn't cause you so many problems. As for the dog, not that I have one, but I'd suggest going to the pound and trying to adopt a mix. Don't ever think you can't discuss anything on this board, including a new family member.

Okay, I think I'm dun caught up now!

Check in with you all later.

Debbie
194/129.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Toni48 09-06-2002 04:19 PM

Good afternoon everyone... Went to Wal-Mart today and got the oil changed in my car and a little shopping.. Stopped and had a good reuben sand.. Now I'm busily trying to get that 64 oz. of water in..

Fillise-Oh I hope you don't get to stressed out gal.. You've got allot on your plate right now.. Take a deep breath....

cherylco-I'm so sorry about your Mother... I'll keep her in my prayers and you to.. Your weight is great. And good luck to your daughter...

Mercy-Howdy gal.. Sounds like you're busy busy..

Rosalie-Glad the roast turned out okay. Wish I had thought to put cabbage in mine..

Idblond- You might try going to the humane society and looking at the different dogs. I have a blue heeler and it adores my grandsons. She plays ball with them and is so smart..She'll even go blackberry picking with my oldest grandson. She loves blackberries to eat... I hope you get your workmans comp taken care of and feel better..

CountryMom-Hope you keep getting better and better...

Tranquil- Hope you have a good day at work..

fortytude- Welcome to this WOE.... SB is a great way to do it...

Guess I'll sign off. Sorry if I forgot anyone...I feel like I missed a page or something...

213/169/130

Toni48 09-06-2002 04:27 PM

Monet- did you use your treadmill today......

Jack-K- You did great on the water.. I managed to get my 64oz. a day in.....

Solly 09-06-2002 04:42 PM

Me Again!

Getting ready to go to happy hour. But I havae great news. I just called my HFS and they have agave. So I will make a quick stop and stock up.:dance:

No big plans for the weekend, just a 50th bday party tomorrow nite. Hope they have some legal food. Think I'll call and ask what they are having. Is that rude? Oh well, they know what I am doing.

Serene, That was a great Friday Funny!! Looks like you all had a ball. I'm so jealous. BTW, you look pretty good as a blond. We want more pics!

Deb, Don't you find the good conscience wins out more and more now with this WOL. I sure do. Before I would just shrug off a bad choice on food or exercise. I really feel guily if I don't get out there or make a bad choice on food. I guess we are learning better habits. Couldn't tell from the pic if you were participating in the wigs. If yo did, it blended in the background. We want to see more!

Fillise, I hate that you are so busy and no time for yourself. Don't work yourself sick. You are doing great though with your eating. I guesss there isn't time to eat much. We willb e thinking of you even if you can't post. Hang in there. {{HUGS}}

Cherylco, So glad to hear good news about your mom. Sending prayers her way. Hope the radiation goes ok. I know there was a typo, but you lost 104 lbs.!! Wouldn't we all love that!. 4 pounds is still awesome. You are doing great. I'm so glad your DD decided to do SB. My DD just started too, (she is 19 & away at college). If nothing else, it teaches them how to eat right. I even told my DD that if they order pizza just to eat 2 pieces and count those as her carbs for the day. Sometimes you just have to make it work to fit you. Good luck for her. Thanks for the tip onthe pancake. I was worried about the corn meal in them.

LDBlond, Hope you are giving that arm a good rest. Is RSV like carpal tunnel or arthritis. I know you probably told us already, but I confuse everyone so much. I work with w/c here at work. If they are treating you fairly and getting you the care you want, you shouldn't need a lawyer. Sometimes that hurts your claim and you end up with the same settlement or less than you would normally get and then you owe the lawyers most of it. Just my humble opinion. Take care of yourself.

Rosalie, Yes, I would love for your to post the recipe. Is it on the board already? I do have a couple of recipes I got off somewhere, but I'm a convenience person.

Mercy, HI! Are you still drinking your H20?? Have a good day.

Country, So glad you are starting to feel better. A little exercise might help too.

Tranquil, THe pic is you!! That's how I have pictured you. Funny, crazy full of fun.

Fortytude, Welcome. This is a grat board and a great WOE. I started SB 11 months ago, and have lost 85 pounds. I have gone from a 22 to a 12. Never did that before. Beleive me, I have tried every diet. When I started I couldn't beleive what I weighed too. Now I look forward to dropping every pound. I have 25 to go (sur sounds better than the 110 when I started) but I will get there. This is so easy to do. Good luck. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Deb, I only eat pancakes once in a blue moon. Just had been to the waffle house last week and a waffle sounded sooo good, so I thought pancakes would fill the void. I just hate using all my carbs so early in the day. I thought of you when I read the quote, Not about the thin person part, but the chocolate part.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jackie
257/172/145
10-10-01

debyj 09-06-2002 05:05 PM

Hello All!!!

Well, i'm off tonite cause i caught the cold you guys are passing around!!! I don't feel that bad, but i don't want to give it to my patients. I had a patient last friday night that had a cold and walla!! Working in a hospital makes me catch everything but a hot man!! heee, joking, love my dh very much!!

Jackkay-i think-i'm still trying to memorize and learn everyone, I LOVE THAT SAYING YOUR NIECE TOLD YOU!!

Bob---don't forget to cheer a little for the tide--my dh is unbearable when they don't win (which is often). hahahah

debbie--the roast was to die for!! i got up and dh had eaten what was left of it!! The applesauce really does something for it. I had a sweet potato with cinnamon and a salad and i was stuffed!!

I do have to admit that i had some bryers lite ice cream. See folks--i'm a recovering alcohol abuser (last drink was april 7th) so i crave sugar like crazy!! I GAINED WEIGHT INSTEAD OF LOSING WHEN I QUIT DRINKING BEER!!

debyj 09-06-2002 05:07 PM

WHAT A DUMBWIT!! i hit the wrong button and i'm not DONE YET!!

Anyway's i'm losing weight like a good girl and eating my toenails instead of eating, drinking or smoking. Just kidding--nice visual huh??

Everyone have a good weekend!!

LOVE AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL---debyj:smoking:

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 09-06-2002 06:39 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!! :wave:

BOB is just ok today...this congestion is sitting right smack dab in the middle of my chest!
I'm hitting the rack early so I can rest...this morning would have been a good day to sleep in....the summer daylight is already gone and it's dark when I get up...can't wait for the time change..I like the fall time zone the best anyway!!! I think if I was JACKIE , I would live over in Indiana just to be able to have the fall time zone ...ALL THE TIME!!

JACKIE...be easy at that happy hour...I haven't been to one in a while....I might feel the need coming on really soon!!!!
Not rude at all for you to ask...if they care enough to invite you, they must care enough that you've already lost all that weight, so I really don't think it would be out of line to ask... ;)

FORTYTUDE...{{{{{{{{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to our little corner of the board! Hope you can stick around...we sure are glad to have you!!

DEB DEB ...I finally bit the bullet and got WEIGHT COMMANDER !!! Guess I misunderstood you...it's $9.95 ONE TIME FEE...not every month!
Just wish I could have it on my computer at work too...but I can't figure out how to move it back and forth!

OH....JACKIE.....PAYTON and the rest of the COLTS are playing at 1pm on Sunday against the Jacksonville team!!! :smug: I'll be sitting right up on the TV watching little Payty Pie !!!! ;)

I've got no FRIDAY FUNNY...Jackie's was enough for all!! LOVED IT!
I might have to borrow that little clip!

DEBYJ....sorry, but I just can't root for BAMA ...it just hurts me too much....but I'll be watching!!! ;)

QUILTER??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

TONI...I can NEVER do just a LITTLE SHOPPING at WALMART!! I love that place and I just can't get out under $100 :eek: I try not to visit too often!

CRYSTLE....{{{{{{DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU'RE JUST ABOUT 20LBS FOR LOOSING 100LBS????}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
YOU ARE DA BOMB GIRL!!!!!!

SABRINA...Have a really good weekend!!! I've now got the URGE for HUMMUS!!! Just look SW...you'll see a big ole gas cloud and know that I've made a big batch....I love TABOULI, but it's easier for me to run down to the ME store and buy theirs!! PUBLIX has a really good one in their produce dept...ever try that one?

ROSALIE....WELCOME BACK...you were missed...how are things on your end? Still able to swim and do your badmitton? Are these places inside where you go to do this? Glad you had a good time on your vacation...wish we could have seen you down here!!!

MONET....I'm like Deb...I'm going to have to stop and try out that ME place you go to...Is it out your way or more in the city?

SUSAN....DID YOU GET THE CHAIR?????

MISSY????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

VIV....I love that SMOOTHIE recipe...I've passed it along to all my friends and I call it...VIV's MORNING FROSTY!!!!

Better get my lurking done so I can recline...Have a good weekend.

BOB

GO VOLS!!!!!

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 09-06-2002 06:41 PM

OH...GATOR????? WATCH OUT FOR THAT STORM SURGE FROM THE HURRICANE THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT THE SWAMP ;)

BOB