Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #1  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Default wannabe sugarfree

Hi

I am new to this forum but not new to 3 Fat Chicks. A little less than 2 years ago I did South Beach and lost 36 lbs. I had been working out everyday and 'mostly' sticking with SB. I got off track and have been off track for about a year. Sad to say that I have gained back around 30 lbs...Ug. Now that it is getting a little colder I am pulling out my jeans only to discover that it is a 'squeeze' to get them to botton.

How did this happen you ask. I found myself slipping back into bad habits...eating two breakfasts, giant helpings for lunch and dinner, fast food...stoping for milkshakes, candy bars or ice cream after work only to go home and pig out in the pantry. Wow you'd think I was a lumberjack!

I also stopped going to the gym bacause after work I was so worn out all I could do is lay on the couch so I could take a nap before dinner.

Last week I realized that I have had enough. I was laying on the couch feeling terrible. I really did not feel good. I knew it was because of the way I was eating and not exercising.

Right now at this point in my life I have to view sugar as the It is the only way I can avoid the cravings. For the last few days I have been following the advice I have found on this website for the Sugar Busters and low GI eating lifestyle. I have also been walking and even went to the gym.

Today I bought the Sugar Busters book at the bookstore and am excited to learn more. It seems comparable to South Beach except no stage 1 to follow (which was always hard). Since I love whole wheat and can avoid the foods listed without missing them all that much this seems to work for me. I also love the heath benefits associated with this lifestyle. Already I feel so much better!
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Stinger, welcome to our board. We normally post on the September Time sticky. Please join us there. There are not many of us around right now. Hopefully some will come back soon. Sounds like you are doing great on SB. I'm glad you are liking it so far.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Stinger (hockey fan?)

that stinks about the regaining 30lbs. I can relate, don't feel bad.
it happens to the best.
I seem to be addicted to sugar too.

i can't seem to go to the grocery, or to target without getting myself a treat.
it's amazing the reasons i can come up with for why i need to treat myself everyday....

I hate to have to demonize sugar. I'm torn between trying to limit myself to small amounts or bannishing it all together.
my friends and family seem to think that 'a little bit wont hurt'.
but it actually works better for me to avoid it altogether....hmmmm.....i don't know what to do.
temptation is all around....
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote