Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 06-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Talking "hobby Time"

Just wanted to show you that I actually do have a bit of a life outside of 3FC . . . and, because life shouldn't be just about words that start with G (GI/GL) . . . here's some quilt pictures . . .

The brightly coloured Crazy Quilt is the one I just finished -- made by a method called 'stack and whack' -- easy, quick, and fun. Then I decided to take a picture of the Log Cabin I made a couple of years ago that's in my guest room (that's one of my Bengals poised to use the bed as a springboard to the window-sill ). I put the pink one on the kitchen table to keep the cats happy since I took the Crazy away from them. It's been a work in progress for a few years now. I don't know what possessed me to make a pink quilt. I'm so not a pink person. It may never get finished.

I also do other needle-related stuff like Knitting, Crocheting, Cross-Stitching; but have been an avid quilter since the beginning of the 80's.

So . . . now that I've started this thread . . . how about some of the rest of you showing off a little, too . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crazy1.jpg (42.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg crazy2.jpg (42.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg log2.jpg (39.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg pink1.jpg (37.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg pink2.jpg (38.0 KB, 5 views)
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #2  

Wow Meowee, you pulled me right out of lurkdom with your quilts. I’ve been reading the thread for a couple of weeks now trying to get my arms around following a low GI diet program. Been reading this thread and researching, printing, reading, going to the library gathering data to see how I could apply it to my life style. THEN you show up with your quilts and that is the something I just started educating myself on too. I’ve never quilted before but have bought a how to, block by block beginning quilting book and figured I would see if I could master it. I love to crocket and embroider, sew, etc. I did a lot of crafts and machine embroidery for my daughters wedding and I’ve been kind of unsettled since the wedding. I feel like I have 6 arms, I was so busy before and then all the projects were all of a sudden done. Relief and let down all at the same time. Anyway I decided to fill up my new found time seeing if I could learn to quilt. I have the material; the book gave me a list of how much to buy; so much of light color # 1 and so much of light color #2 and so much of medium color # 1 etc. Next weekend I’m going to try to get the material laundered and pressed and maybe even begin, depending on how quickly I get things done around the house.

Anyway, when I was working on all the wedding projects I noticed my hands were to busy to keep filling my face so this first quilt is also intended to help keep me from snacking due to boredom. I was teasing the sales clerk it was my new diet plan.

Your quilts are beautiful and hopefully I’ll get things rolling here pretty quick.

BTW, I would post pictures of some of my projects but I always end up giving them away.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #3  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow--those are great. I don't quilt but I do crochet. last winter I made about 8 baby blankets for various babyshowers..I have a blanket on my bed and a throw as well. No pictures but I am always happy to hear other people have hobbies. It seems to be a dieing art form.

Thanks for shareing!!
GymRatandStillFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Very impressive meowee. I used to do a lot of that stuff too-knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, etc but don't do much of that anymore. I also play the flute-I've played since I was a little girl and was a music major for my first 2 years of college until I came to my senses and realized I couldn't make a living that way. LOL. My dogs consume a lot of my free time now.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I also knit and do some sewing and machine embroidery? Any of you knitters on Ravelry?

I'm currently working on some felt-kit Christmas stockings. Time consuming and full of evil sequins, but the finished product is SOOOO worth it!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

I wish I could knit...I've tried so many times and just can't make sense of it. I'm more of a writer. I have about 51 finished poems that I'm trying to put into a book. I'd link the site but I guess we're not supposed to post links in the forums. Lol. If anyone else fancies writing give me a holler and we can swap pages!

P.s. those quilts are BEAUTIFUL!
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote