Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Sugar Busters and Shakers Support - June 2008

Well . . . it's morning again and 3FC seems nice and stable . . . . . . So here it is again -- a new home for chatting this month. Not every month you get two fresh starts, gang so let's all make the most of it and have a great an OP kind of month . . .

BTW . . . I know that Ellen always started with a set format for the month, but I'm a little more casual about stuff . . . if you want to continue to follow that format of discussing certain things on certain days; go for it. But if you'd rather just wing it; that's fine too.

Once I get my other 3FC 'rounds' done, I'll be back to re-enter some of the new "expansion plans" threads again . . . See you later.

Oh . . . BTW . . . I just noticed that the tickers have reset back to May 23 numbers as well . . . so, if you haven't done so already, yours might need an update -- know mine does.

Last edited by meowee; 06-07-2008 at 06:30 AM. Reason: added BTW note
Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #2  

Oh boy we're back again. Thank you meowee. I'm doing pretty good but could be better. Now I've got another new day and another new month.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

I hope I have found the right place! I see Meowee and Toni so maybe so????I stressed out yesterday and hate a half of bag of potato chips! Woe is me! LOL Hope to see the others here soon! I need help!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Hey everyone..It crapy what happened to the servers..But yes--here we are again!!!

I had a pretty decent week. I didn't actually try. I did have a few minor set backs with some gold fish one day and 1 to many 70% choc bars. But other than not bad. We even went out for chinease food last night and it was all you can eat. I started with the green beans and aspagrgus (sp) and chix w/ broc. I had the middle of one crap rangoon and 1 spring roll. only a few bites of ice cream and 2 puff pastries. That is amazing for me. usually I am bring on the food.

I am doing a 30 hour over night babysitting marathon starting at 1 today until 7 pm tomorrow night. I have more food packed than i will need but I anted to make sure i was good because Monday Is going to be a big cheat day..Happy Birthday to me on Monday.

I am hoping the weekend will go well. If I wasn't moving out in July I am not sure if I would have worked my entire birthday weekend--But the money is going to be great so why not!!!

It's going to be 90 here this weekend so I hope the kids and I can do some fun stuff but also stay cool!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone and I'll check back on Monday!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #5  

GYM~~ Just in case I get busy and forget! Your weekend sounds like fun. Last Sunday I had Emily my GD who is almost 4, 2 great nieces, ages 2 and 9 and a great nephew who is 4. It was so hot here so we played in the blowup pool and had a picnic followed by popsicles! It was a good day and I was dead by the end of it! I hope your b'day is a great one for you!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #6  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

See what happens when I'm not around??? Y'all go a break the server!!!

Just finished watching the BELMONT STAKES...alas, we still don't have a TRIPPLE CROWN WINNER Maybe one day...

I fixed burgers for supper, and I've got clothes in the washer. Gonna settle down in a few and watch some movies. This weeks choices are:

AUGUST RUSH
SUBURBAN GIRL
JUNO
FLAWLESS

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

BOB
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Happy Birthday to GYMRAT . . . you sweet young thing . . .

Good Morning to everybody else . . . . . . and especially BOB who now realizes she needs to post more often to keep 3FC from wallowing in disaster.

Dull and kind of 'muggy' around northern Nova Scotia this morning although it isn't overly warm. Just strange. Hope everybody else is getting good weather for their Sunday activities.

Decided to wait until tomorrow to write up some of the information that went into melt-down heaven -- about the 'expansion' theory -- since the site is usually busier on the weekdays and more poeple will notice. Bottom line, if the truth be known, I'm still worn out from the stress and the playing catch-up in all the other places around here that have been needing attention too.

Anyway try to keep things moving and shaking today . . . see you all soon . . .

Last edited by meowee; 06-08-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #8  

Good Sunday Morning to all,
I hope you get some rest today Meowee! I can't imagine what the last few days have been like for you. It is hot here too, going to 96 today and the heat index will be over 100...summertime in Alabama! I am eager to hear more about this expansion!
So happy to see you BOB! I have been wondering where you were! I hope you enjoyed your movies!
I sure hope the "others" find there way here! I miss you guys!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #9  

Happy Sunday all.... Its been a nice quiet week end here. We grilled little steaks last night. But I messed around and had fries with it instead of my sweet potato. I've found out everytime I eat anything fried from the fry daddy makes me sick. So I'm paying for being lazy. I'm craving something healthy now. You'd think I'd learn.

GYM- I think we might need Bob to send the wagon around and us get back on it. Sure hope it goes good for you with babysitting. Thats so great you've packed your food. Good thinking girlfriend..... Oh and I'm sorry I missed your birthday.... So Happy Late Birthday...

Peggy- Wow great day with the kids. They must have had a ball. Ouch on the 100 degrees. We're supposed to be 90 today in Missouri.

Bob- The board always lights up when you're here. Sounds like you have a busy day planned along with a night filled with movies. Hope you enjoyed.

meowee- Sounds like you deserve a rest. I can't imagine the load you've been doing. Can't wait to hear about the expansion.

Well I'm off and running...
Old 06-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Did you know TONI that the GI for a potato's worth of French Fries is actually lower (by a tiny little bit) than the GI for the same amount of potato when it's baked? Sounds great so long as you don't think about the fact that the calories are probably quadrupled at the same time.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #11  

You know I want to just kick myself to those fries. It wouldn't be so bad but I had sweet potatoes sitting right there.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #12  

TONI~~We haven't missed Gym's Birthday ...it is tomorrow! I have so much going on tomorrow I was afraid I would forget to wish her a happy one! Our upstairs a/c went out today and the repairman is coming tomorrow. So is the man to get started on our Gazebo for our hot tub, etc! In this heat we will be bring twin mattresses downstairs to sleep on tonight!
BOB ~~We all agree with Toni, you have been missed!
MEOWEE~~Can't wait to see the new info!
OK the rest of you who have not posted yet....Where the heck are you?????????????????
Old 06-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #13  

Hi! New here today. Back on SugarBusters after a 3 year fat fest! Tried WW the past year and quit - SOOO hard not eating unless I count every point. And I hated all the sugar. Loving reading all about you - first time I've ever tried to be a part of a group (forum??) You all seem to be next door neighbors and best friend! How fun. Been back on SB fro 2 weeks now and doing great. I LOVE this diet!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #14  

BunnyB!!! It is nice to meet you. I am fairly new here too and I bounce b/t here and Dieting with Obstacales (diabetes) and I find so much info on the boards! These women are amazing in the way they support you and the server "went down" and I am sure you have NOT seen/read the best of this board yet! I have been on here about 2 months and I am still gathering info to get me balanced in this WOE. Hang in here and I don't think you will be disappointed! Meowee is the mod here and filled with knowledge so listen up!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Chickadees . . .

BUNNYB . . . so glad you found us. . . . and as Peggy mentioned, your timing is great since you missed our infamous June 6 "meltdown".

Low GI is a wonderful way of eating for controlling those horrible blood sugar swings for everybody not just diabetics like PEGGY and me. Don't forget to have a look at the FAQ sub-forum and the RECIPES sub-forum -- amazing pile of information available in there.

Great big for everybody who has yet to appear this morning -- we are thinking of you.
Closed Thread