Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

Default Another Newbie

Hi there!
My name is Carolyn and I am a stay at homeschooling mom to my 2 daughters and wife to Bill almost 14 years!
I lost 30 pounds over the summer on Nutrisystem, but got sick of the food, now ive stayed the same since July! Luckily I have not gained any, but Im going to start if I keep eating the way I do! Ive been trying HARD unsuccessfully to do Atkins for about 2 months. I last no longer than one week, then it's days of binging on sugar and carbs! Mentally I cannot do that diet. I tried so hard! It just does not feel right to me mentally to eat that way, but I did feel good until I just could not take anymore meat!
Ive been craving good healthy carbs like beans and fruit and oatmeal.
I remember when Sugarbusters was very popular and this is the only support forum ive found for it! Ive also tried Core, not enough fat for my body, and South Beach but I cannot stand counting anything! Im so glad I found this place and I hope to eat this way the rest of my life! Tomorrow is day one for me and I have 50 more pounds to lose!

Carolyn
erialicia2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #2  

Hi Carolyn! Welcome! We are a smallish group, but some of us have been faithfully following Sugarbusters for a long time! We will be delighted to have you join us! Most of the chatter goes on in the monthly support thread, so please come join us there!

I homeschooled my children for a number of years and loved it! The youngest is now 21..so it has been a few years. I look forward to getting to know you!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote