Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/180

Height: 5'8"

Smile Newbie

Hello all.
Just had my first trip to the doctor in quite a few years and got the lecture about my weight.
Doc suggested Sugar Busters- so I have been hopping around the net.
This site looks like a fantastic resource- I was quite happy to find it.

Thanks!!
ChaosEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #2  

Chao's- Welcome, welcome. Its great to have you. Come on to the board and let us all know about you. Sugar Busters is a great plan and easy to follow. Theres quite a few of the gals have lost a great deal of weight. Go to the support board click on the last page and when you scroll down to the bottom of the page theres a place you can post a message. Come on girl friend join in.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #3  

Hi there! This IS a great resource, and a great place for support. Come join us on the monthly thread. That is where most of us check in on a daily basis. If you have any questions, or need any suggestions, let us know! Most of us have been following this plan for a while.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Question Not quite New but ......

I too hail from Atlanta, Monet!

I do have the sugarbusters book and I have read it a couple of times. I do know someone who did follow the book closely and did lose a lot of weight. Right now, I am using the frame work of the WW Flex Points just to keep me concentrating on portion control. My background is also with the OA Program which as you know has said for years that all that "white stuff" just isn't good for us!

Although there is a part of me that doesn't want to give up sugar "entirely", I will say that I have been eating "brown" for many years(maybe 8 or 9) and I prefer it. I do have some white sugar but only when it is "almost unavoidable". I have cooked with Splenda and I really do like how the recipes I have used have turned out.

Question: what about high fructose corn syrup? It is in all of my whole wheat breads and sometimes listed as the second or third ingredient. I am getting so frustrated with that. I am at the point of resuming baking my own bread so, again, I know what is in it.

I am also doing some research on both the Sonoma and the French Diet which also follows similar guidelines to Sugarbusters. Any comments or suggestions?
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote