Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 04-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Default New Pants!

So I posted here about that skirt I couldnt get in to being a little too big now (makes me so happy I could scream).

Well now my most common pair of work pants, I can take them off without unbuttoning them!!! Its a little bit of a bother - but I PROMISE NOT TO COMPLAIN!!! I wouldnt complain even if I had to hold them up while I walked .

So (prepare yourself, Im feeling very chatty this morning) theyre Old Navy pants... but I have to order them online because all theyre carrying in their store are low and ultra low rise, which I cant wear because I bulge out too much over them and would have to wear really baggy tops to hide my stomach and that would make me look even bigger etc etc.

ANYWAY so Im dealing in the same pant, but their size chart is not in accordance with my measurement of the pants that I have that are too big... THEY say this size is smaller in inches than they actually are when I measure them with a tape measure. So I dont know if this new smaller size is going to fit... according to their size chart, it should not. Ill be so frustrated and disappointed if I have to return them for pants in the same "size" I have on now. Isnt it stupid how our brains mess with us like that? I WOULD really be getting a smaller pant, but it having the same size label would make it feel like defeat, like I hadnt made any success.

Well Ill just have to remember that I know I have, and I just cant WAIT to get my new, smaller pants, regardless of what "size" they are! The inches around will be less, and I hope I look slimmer in them!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #2  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Congratulations - that's a great feeling

I just did that yesturday with my favorite favorite pair of work pants (also Old Navy!) - I probably have about 10 days before I will have to start holding them up when I walk (no belt loops). I've already picked up a replacement pair from my fav local thrift shop.

I really wish there was a way to perfectly shrink old clothes to our new bodies (other than spending mucho $$ at a tailor) - I love my old clothes - just not their sizes
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Got my fingers crossed for the size to fit ya correctly. It is such a bother to work with sizing charts for correct fit. Congrats on your achievement.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #4  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

I love the new ultra-low rise ON capris! But Old Navy sizing is a pain because of their cutters. When I try on at old navy I always grab 2 or 3 of the same size. Last weekend one size 6 was so small I couldn't hardley button them and the other 2 were perfect
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #5  
Girl Trying

Well Start, if I ever get to be a size 6 I bet I will love them too! Hehe ::friendly snarl::
Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #6  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

S/C/G: 325/269/200 Height 6'2"

Congrats PeeB! It is such a pain with sizing anymore. I bought a couple of new pants a while back and one is 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing and the other only 1 size smaller. I guess I will stick to the pair that are 2 sizes smaller. I have also had to get new work pants. I have to wear guy jeans where I work I hate them. The old pair were coming off as I was walking had to sinch them with a belt. New ones are 6 inches smaller though!

Last edited by nicolyn75; 04-19-2006 at 02:09 PM.
nicolyn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I hate sizing charts. Especially Victoria Secret. Sooo annoying.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #8  
210 / 193 / 140

Hey, congratulations on getting smaller! The size thing is a pain-in-the-you-know-what, isn't it? Back when I was slim, I usually wore a 10 in jeans, but I also had 8's, 12's, and 14's that fit. It all depended on the brand and cut. Don't let it frustrate you too much. You know you're smaller now, and that's what matters.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #9  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

I freaken' hate Victoria Secret Bras!

#1. They are $50 dollars, which is fine if it's a good quality but the underwire pops all the time.

#2. I'm a 34D in every bra I've ever tried in about 10 different brands, yet I can't find a bra (in any size) that I fit into at VS anymore.

#3. Maidenform is the same bra at 2/3rds the cost and it's wonderful for a basic bra.

#4. Whisper makes the cutest fun bras at 1/2 the cost.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #10  
Girl Trying

I had a horrible experience with bras a week or so ago :O( . I never wear a bra... (Ive been blessed with non-saggage so far) but Ive decided to get some really cute ones so I can feel sexy in them. So the last time I wore a bra, I was a 34B. I thought 'well, Im not really THAT much bigger than I used to be, and Ive lost some weight recently, so Ill try a 36B... and I did even used a tape measure before going shopping and was able to get it around @36 inches (yeah, by squeezing lots of fat in, I realized). The bras looked RIDICULOUS on me, made me look worse than naked. I think I need a 38C, maybe even a 40. But refuse to buy one that size, so I am going to go without until I can fit in a 36-anything! Ugh it depressed me so much.
I wanted to get cute stuff to wear for the guy Im seeing, but if I have to get such a big size, my brain tells me, then he wouldnt want to see me in that stuff anyway... that I must be a lot bigger than I realize, and should hide myself instead. :O(
Old 04-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #11