Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wink Chocolate NSV!! (Or LACK of it!)

Yesterday was the second time in the last couple weeks that someone has brought a huge box/basket of mixed miniature chocolates of all kinds! Now I normally love that stuff! And LOL it is in my department so it is placed on a bookcase just a few feet outside my cubicle and I have to walk past it a zillion times during the day! But not only have I not touched ONE piece of it... even the dark yummy stuff... it doesn't even tempt me any longer! Of course I could even have small amounts of it and it wouldn't hurt me... but I don't WANT to and why start the cravings? Yippppppeeeeeee
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

I think I love you! You're always so brave and chipper (and you're even more of a morning person than I am - it's only 9 am here in Fla, and you're already up and at 'em!) Congrats on not needing the chocolate. That's a big, big one for me!

(resume boogie)

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Good for you misti!!! I had a similar experience this morning. we had some left over sugar cookies in the kitchen and i looked at them and said...no thank you. don't need the extra empty calories. so good for you!!! that is awesome!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #4  

That's great Misti! I love it when you can pass something by and not even be tempted!
SheilaF328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #5  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Way to go Misti

I'm going through the same thing right now - only it's fresh chocolate-chip muffins Baked goods are my biggest weakness - or at least tied with chocolate - forget the two together!

I'm walked past them like 7 times now, and only two are left. If I can hold out, someone else will finish them off and I'll be free!

Hang in there
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #6  
I restore Teeth.

misti, I felt the same way after a while of NOT having chocolate! I usually can't resist, and the thought of the chocolate melting in my mouth used to send me jumping all excited... and now, I'd much rather have an orange!

YAY FOR YOU!!!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #7  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Way to Go Misti! You wont regret not eating any. Have a wonderful, empowered day.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI everyone, and thanks for all the encouragement! Guess we all have similar experiences with this stuff, huh?

LOL chipper... that's me. Sometimes anyway LOL -- Tee hee Lala 9 AM in Florida the day is half over. <G> People do laugh at me as even on my days off I am up and at 'em usually by 4:30 or 5. But you don't want to be around me in the afternoons!

LOL Lisa, yah let someone grab those things quickly and do away with them! And Lumi... yay about the cookies! And yes, Sheila it is sooooo nice when we don't give in!

Veggielover I know what you mean... I'd rather have healthful stuff, yikes!!

Brandy... wow at first I didn't recognize you! Nice avatar, and I love your hair!

Today was harder for me... we do Friday treats and it was my group's week. My job was slicing up cheese... and we had meats, several kinds of cheese, bread, bagels and cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly, cake and all kinds of stuff like that. YIKES I was drooling LOL and we have it at 10 AM. Also I didn't have as good a lunch with me today as usual. I helped with setup, then went and did my 15 minute walk for my break; then came back and got some tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.. that was my snack. I hardly ever have a big problem now with food temptation since I've been doing this for a couple months... but wow I could have torn into that cheese LOLOL. But I didn't!!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote