Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 03-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Is this an NSV

I don't really know what NSV means, but I take it to mean something like "small victory"...and I am proud to say that today was a very stressful day at work..I wanted a peanut butter cup. I had a dollar. I put the dollar into the vending machine and fished the thing out...I turned it over and saw that it's 230 calories....! Yeah, right whatever. What waste of calories. I put it on the counter ( where the breakroom vultures will get to it ) and walked away...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #2  
takin it one lb at a time

NSV means Non Scale Victory.

Good job! I did the same thing with a bag of bite sized cookies today.

We rock!
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Wow, that is control! I'm impressed with your commitment. You should be proud of yourself.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

VERY IMPRESSIVE! My NSV today is I only had the 1 serving of chocolate that I alloted myself. I was SCREAMING for the second, but I kept reminding myself there is another day and another allotment if I still want it.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default :)

That is what's sweet ( no pun intended ) about this site. How many people would really understand how hard it can be to put something down, walk away from it, or not choose it?

a small philosophy I have adopted in the last few months is "do it now", it started at work because I'd always feel like I would have more time to do something later in the day. Usually I didn't and felt rushed. It'll take the same amount of time if I just do it right away. Of course, there are times when it's not feasible...but still. Same goes for any strides I want to make in weight loss and fitness. I'm not saying to take on the world immediately, but just start now, not tomorrow.

It doesn't always work, but it does help me to just keep it in mind. I use it as a mental kick in the butt or a tap on the shoulder to remind me of what i was doing...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #6  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I agree that being able to share these things and have others understand it really helps to keep you motivated. I'd thought about doing Weight Watchers for that sort of environment, but as a soon-to-be poor college student, I couldn't afford it. Here we get the theraputic values of talking to others who are or have gone through this and it's free

Congrats, btw!!
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

I don't consider that a small victory. I consider it a big gigantic victory! You Rock!!
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #8  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Definitely a big victory, considering that you had it right there in your hand and still walked away from it. It would have been so easy to rationalize it and say, well, I've already spent the money and here it is, I might as well eat it. I'm not sure I could have done that....

Good work! You are my hero for today! (not being sarcastic!)

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #9  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Not only did she have it in her hand already... she had already paid money for it. It's definitely an NSV to make a decision like that, particularly when the day was already stressful. Bravo!!!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote