3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories-12/)
-   -   NSV - resized my ring (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/success-stories/70201-nsv-resized-my-ring.html)

paperclippy 12-13-2005 11:47 AM

NSV - resized my ring

I had a non-scale victory . . . We bought my engagement ring in August, and it fit well. Since then I continued to lose, but didn't want to size my ring until reaching goal weight. Well, I reached my goal, and got my ring sized down! It's amazing how much weight you can lose from your FINGERS! :lol: My ring is now a size six. I have never had such tiny fingers in my life! When the guy pulled the resized ring out of the little paper bag they had it in, I was like, crap, there's no way that tiny thing is going to fit me! But it fits great! :D Now I just have to keep it off, I never want to have to size my ring up!

GonnaLooseitagain 12-13-2005 12:00 PM

That is too cool paperclippy...I actually just did the SAME thing..lol I love it! I had my wedding band sized from a 7 (the stores standard ordering size) to a 6.25 and it fits perfect. I figure I will have to take it down almost another 1/2 size when I am at goal since last time I was that small I wore a 5.5 but this is HUGE!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

FrouFrou 12-13-2005 01:24 PM

Well, I'm not there yet...still have a ways to go. But I wonder if I will lose weightin my fingers...seems my fingers have always been this size even before gaining weight. We'll see...anyway...CONGRAT'S ladies on the new ring size! WTG :bravo:

And a big CONGRAT'S to you paperclippy on reaching your goal! :bravo: :carrot:

lucky_me 12-13-2005 01:47 PM

That is Awesome! That's funny that you say that, I was thinking about doing the same thing yesterday- it's one of those things that I would never think of... I have a couple of really nice rings and nothing that I own fits me anymore- I need to go in and see what size I need now. It's at 5.5 right now, I still have like 30 pounds I want to lose, but I honestly don't see my fingers being below a size 4.75...

crk05 12-13-2005 02:13 PM

That's wonderful! Congrats on reaching your goal! :cheer:

YP1 12-13-2005 02:33 PM

That's fantastic. I don't usually wear rings, but one of my goal rewards is to buy a fab ring for myself, firstly as a treat and something visible to remind me what I've done, but also as something that will warn me if I ever start to put the weight back on again!

bgtrz 12-13-2005 07:32 PM

Hi I'm new to the forum and had a question for YP1, if you don't mind. Can you tell me how you lost weight? You look great!:o

Sherrita 12-13-2005 08:08 PM

Congrats! I had to have my wedding ring sized down from a size 6 to a 4.5. I hope my fingers don't get smaller since I still have a ways to go! lol

konstine 12-14-2005 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YP1
That's fantastic. I don't usually wear rings, but one of my goal rewards is to buy a fab ring for myself, firstly as a treat and something visible to remind me what I've done, but also as something that will warn me if I ever start to put the weight back on again!

That's so funny! I'm planning on doing the same thing, to get a right-hand ring to wear all the time to remind me of how far I've come :D

Valerie Joy 12-14-2005 12:49 AM

Congrats on the ring size!

I actually lost my wedding band recently I was wearing it and it had gotten big on me. I guess I fell asleep with it on and in the morning it was gone. I just can't find it anywhere :(

I stopped wearing my engagement ring because I'm afraid of loosing it also. When I reach my goal I'll get it resized.

paperclippy 12-14-2005 09:15 AM

Thanks everyone! It's funny how much your fingers change! I don't think I've worn a ring this small since I was a little kid -- even in high school my fingers didn't fit into most of the plastic rings they sell at stores (you know at those teen clothing stores in the accessories section?), when I weighed the same as I do now (but probably had a much higher body fat percentage!).

YP1 12-14-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgtrz
Hi I'm new to the forum and had a question for YP1, if you don't mind. Can you tell me how you lost weight? You look great!:o

I'll try not to sidetrack the thread, but briefly, exercise and eating more sensibly. Just the old fashioned boring stuff I'm afraid! I've started running A LOT which has really helped, and other than that I just try to eat more fresh fruit and veg, pulses and lean protein, and less rubbish. I don't count calories or stick to any specific "rules", and I'm not doing any particular diet. I just think a bit more about what I put into my body and don't just eat rubbish because it's easy any more.

teahoney 12-14-2005 11:34 AM

Congrats paperclippy. I have a favorite ring that I haven't been able to wear for about two years because as I gained weight, the ring couldn't fit. I can't wait until I am able to wear it again.

TBJ333 12-14-2005 05:37 PM

Awesome!

Heh heh, now you can go out and buy lots of new rings, right? :p

Cardiomonster 12-18-2005 04:37 PM

Congratulations - that's a great feeling!

After reading this thread, I got my fingers resized (unofficially) by trying new rings as potential x-mas presents :devil: .

I'm about a 6.75 - 7, which is down from at least a 9 a year ago :carrot: . Now I have to decide if I'm going to just wait to get my rings resized (engagement and college grad rings) or wait it out.