Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV - resized my ring

I had a non-scale victory . . . We bought my engagement ring in August, and it fit well. Since then I continued to lose, but didn't want to size my ring until reaching goal weight. Well, I reached my goal, and got my ring sized down! It's amazing how much weight you can lose from your FINGERS! My ring is now a size six. I have never had such tiny fingers in my life! When the guy pulled the resized ring out of the little paper bag they had it in, I was like, crap, there's no way that tiny thing is going to fit me! But it fits great! Now I just have to keep it off, I never want to have to size my ring up!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  
Movin on down the scale

That is too cool paperclippy...I actually just did the SAME thing..lol I love it! I had my wedding band sized from a 7 (the stores standard ordering size) to a 6.25 and it fits perfect. I figure I will have to take it down almost another 1/2 size when I am at goal since last time I was that small I wore a 5.5 but this is HUGE!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well, I'm not there yet...still have a ways to go. But I wonder if I will lose weightin my fingers...seems my fingers have always been this size even before gaining weight. We'll see...anyway...CONGRAT'S ladies on the new ring size! WTG

And a big CONGRAT'S to you paperclippy on reaching your goal!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #4  

That is Awesome! That's funny that you say that, I was thinking about doing the same thing yesterday- it's one of those things that I would never think of... I have a couple of really nice rings and nothing that I own fits me anymore- I need to go in and see what size I need now. It's at 5.5 right now, I still have like 30 pounds I want to lose, but I honestly don't see my fingers being below a size 4.75...
Old 12-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

That's wonderful! Congrats on reaching your goal!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

That's fantastic. I don't usually wear rings, but one of my goal rewards is to buy a fab ring for myself, firstly as a treat and something visible to remind me what I've done, but also as something that will warn me if I ever start to put the weight back on again!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:32 PM   #7  

Hi I'm new to the forum and had a question for YP1, if you don't mind. Can you tell me how you lost weight? You look great!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #8  

Congrats! I had to have my wedding ring sized down from a size 6 to a 4.5. I hope my fingers don't get smaller since I still have a ways to go! lol
Old 12-14-2005, 12:40 AM   #9  
Raawwwwr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
That's fantastic. I don't usually wear rings, but one of my goal rewards is to buy a fab ring for myself, firstly as a treat and something visible to remind me what I've done, but also as something that will warn me if I ever start to put the weight back on again!

That's so funny! I'm planning on doing the same thing, to get a right-hand ring to wear all the time to remind me of how far I've come
Old 12-14-2005, 12:49 AM   #10  

Congrats on the ring size!

I actually lost my wedding band recently I was wearing it and it had gotten big on me. I guess I fell asleep with it on and in the morning it was gone. I just can't find it anywhere

I stopped wearing my engagement ring because I'm afraid of loosing it also. When I reach my goal I'll get it resized.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #11  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone! It's funny how much your fingers change! I don't think I've worn a ring this small since I was a little kid -- even in high school my fingers didn't fit into most of the plastic rings they sell at stores (you know at those teen clothing stores in the accessories section?), when I weighed the same as I do now (but probably had a much higher body fat percentage!).
Old 12-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrz
Hi I'm new to the forum and had a question for YP1, if you don't mind. Can you tell me how you lost weight? You look great!
I'll try not to sidetrack the thread, but briefly, exercise and eating more sensibly. Just the old fashioned boring stuff I'm afraid! I've started running A LOT which has really helped, and other than that I just try to eat more fresh fruit and veg, pulses and lean protein, and less rubbish. I don't count calories or stick to any specific "rules", and I'm not doing any particular diet. I just think a bit more about what I put into my body and don't just eat rubbish because it's easy any more.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #13  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congrats paperclippy. I have a favorite ring that I haven't been able to wear for about two years because as I gained weight, the ring couldn't fit. I can't wait until I am able to wear it again.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #14  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Awesome!

Heh heh, now you can go out and buy lots of new rings, right?
Old 12-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #15  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Congratulations - that's a great feeling!

After reading this thread, I got my fingers resized (unofficially) by trying new rings as potential x-mas presents .

I'm about a 6.75 - 7, which is down from at least a 9 a year ago . Now I have to decide if I'm going to just wait to get my rings resized (engagement and college grad rings) or wait it out.
Closed Thread