Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 02:07 PM   #1  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Angry 11 Days on WW and 9 pounds gone!

Hello all!

I am very happy to report that since I rejoined WW on January 14th, I have lost 9 pounds in 11 days! WHEE!!

I am losing weight faster on WW than I did on Atkins, though I am doing a low-carb style of WW. I think the counting Points makes ALL the difference.

I bought a loaf of bread a couple weeks ago, and have only eaten 5 slices of it so far heh! Guess getting that and a toaster was a waste of mola. Well, good for overnight guests I guess if they have breakfast...

Yeay WW! Yeay 9 pounds gone!

Happy weekend to all!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

what all are you doing to have such success? I am also doing WW but have lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks.. any tips or advise would be fantastic!!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:05 AM   #3  

congrats berkshire girl. that loss is amazing. keep up the good work.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:01 PM   #4  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Paragoddess,

I am eating mostly protein & fat, and staying away from carbs though not 100%. I have found after being on Atkins for a couple months that protein/fat keep me full MUCH longer than carbs. It's almost comical!

I compared a breakfast of 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, coffee with cream and Sweet & Low with a breakfast of a Dunkin' Donuts plain bagel smothered in low-fat cream cheese and coffee (same way.) I ate both at 8:00 am. With the eggs, I was fine till noon. With the bagel, by 10:00 am, my stomach was actually growling!

So... my meals are based around eggs, bacon, cream, cheddar cheese, chicken, sausages, and all kinds of vegetables and fruit. I'm actually usually OVER my Points for the day by about 10-15 and I'm still dropping pounds. I'm probably in "ketosis" but I'm not testing myself for it. I do eat the occasional Luna bar... they are so tasty, I cannot resist! Especially the Sweet Dreams one. Mmm. Yes they are 4 Points each usually, but... yum! Worth it to me.

I expect this rate of loss will not continue. I know a normal rate is 2 pounds a week, or 1 pound... but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

As far as exercise goes, I am up and down the stairs all day at my job, but I am not getting to the YMCA (shameful I know!). I have a membership but I am being lazy after working 9-10 hour days... hey, I know, I'm slacking, but I'm being honest

When my weight loss rate slows, I will boast my exercise and cut back my Points to the daily allotment (currently I get 24 for my weight.)

To all of you, keep on trucking! It took me 2 YEARS before to lose 52 pounds (lost it then gained over and over!) so I know this is a weird thing I have going on... and I expect to get back to slow and steady soon

As long as we do not give up... we will succeed!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you have a fantastic plan going! I guess I'm pleased with what I've done.. 3 lbs in 2 weeks... a slow but steady loss... I feel better knowing that I'm taking the initiative and helping myself.. so the loss is an added bonus! Keep up the good work and let me know how things are going!
Old 01-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #6  
It is what it is...

Sara - congrats on the loss!!! You go girl!!!

I too am doing WW and I have lost 14 pounds since the first week of January and I am so proud of myself for sticking to it this time...however I have alot to lose before I reach goal, so it will be a long journey, right now I am just trying to get under 200 ...and I will do it!!!

Keep up the good work, you to Paragoddess...great job on the pounds down!!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:47 AM   #7  

Satine,
Congrats on your great success with WW. Can you give us an idea of what your daily food diary consists of? Are you adding any type of exercise? Keep up the good work! We're rooting for you!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

Magnolia Blossom
I am not really exercising right now since the weight is coming off pretty easy without it, but I know there is a day where I am going to have to start doing it to keep the weight coming off...as far as food, basically every morning I have some sort of granola bar ( lowfat choc chip, strawberry fruit, etc ) that is either 2 or 3 points depending on the type...for lunch I try to stick at or around 10 points max ( preferably 8 ) and that usually consists of some type of lean lunch meat on wheat bread ( I find the sandwich fills me up the most for the rest of day until dinner ) and either some low fat chips
or some fruit - sometimes I due soup and sandwich since soup is low in points, but I hate to have all the sodium ( and do not like the low sodium
ones, ha ) ... I also eat alot of the frozen meals for lunch, when I get home I write the points on the box so I can just pull out of freezer and know what I am getting...as for dinner it varies alot...I usually have about 14 points left for dinner ( depending on if I had afternoon snack - which is always fruit )
( my point range is 24-29 so I stick around 27 per day ) ... baked chicken, salad, chicken salad ( homemade with light mayo ), pasta with light sauce,
Hamburger made with Lauras Lean beef, just about anything I would want except I make sure it is just a serving and that it is a light version ... as far as evening snack, if I have any points left that is usually fruit again, or light popcorn, dry cereal, etc....
Hope this has helped, let me know if you have any more questions...since I posted that I have now lost 19 pounds to date...good luck to you!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 05:33 AM   #9  

19 lbs. off. Way to go, Satine! Maybe you can add in some walking, (weather permitting)and see some more lbs. fall off. Keep smiling, you're on your way to continued success. Walk proud you deserve it!
Closed Thread