South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:33 AM   #31  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

I'm coming back to the beach and re-starting P1. Had a lot going on in life the last few months and have tried to do P1 but haven't stuck to it. I HAVE to do something about the weight I've put back on and I HAVE to do something about my cholesterol. I want to be here (& healthy) for my kids. This time I've got my meals planned out for the next 5 days. Hope that will get me started. Made the lentil/mushroom soup from the recipe forum last night and am going to have that for lunch - hope it's good! And I've got dinner started in the crockpot for when I get home.

Hope everyone has a good OP day!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

I just went up to the gym and weighed myself. I should probably be going to the gym to exercise though ! LOL !

My TMO is gone (whew), and I was hoping to see some progress... nothing ! I've been keeping track of my intake on fitday.com and I'm under 1500 cals a day... Maybe I need to exercise some more. I figured after blowing it on the weekend that I'd stick with P1 for a while yet and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I am starting to feel some changes in my clothes (finally) which is great because I was getting really disappointed for a while there.

Breakfast: hard boiled egg (cut in 1/2 with half the yolk out) and coffee.
Lunch: beef broth with vegetables
Dinner: not sure yet...

Maybe I'm just holding water for some reason. Oh well, maybe next week I'll be able to move that littel ticker !

Kelly J - what kind of meals do you cook in your crockpot? I'd love to try some of that.

Jow -

Britomart
- I can't think of other things that thicken - oh wait, tapioca does. I think tapioca is allowed on P1...

Hope everyone is having a good week ! Chat you soon.

P.S. BTW, I tried the popcorn cauliflower last night and it was very good. I think it would be great with curry powder though. The cauliflower does become rather sweet, which I wasn't prepared for, but good nonetheless. If you do the recipe, be sure to use a whole head of cauliflower - I used a whole head and it fed two of us. It shrinks like crazy.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5"1"

Default Starting again

I came across this website today and I think it is what I need. I have tried so many diets and lost weight on each but gained back more the next time. I refuse to buy bigger clothes. I'm rereading the SB diet book right now and will start tomorrow AM. I'm 50 plus and I don't think I have any metabolism left. Any ideas on how to start an exercise program.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #34  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Since it's been two weeks, most folks should be moving on to Phase II remembering to add carbs slowly. See the FAQ for hints.

I'll close this thread and start a new one for folks beginning Phase I.

Please join us on the daily chat thread too where we talk about everything, sometimes even mentioning food!
Closed Thread