South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Chick Chat

It's so nice to wake up to cooler mornings these days. This summer went by so fast, though, it's hard to believe fall is right around the corner. My GD, Amber, started back to school this past Monday already, which is early for around here.
I slipped Curves again this morning, I must have pulled a muscle in my shoulder blade, it's really painful and I have to be careful how I move. So I don't want to aggravate it by exercising. I know it sounds like a flimsy excuse, but it's the best I can do. The girls and I are going to go on a long walk later on, so at least I'll get some form of exercise in, anyway. We're supposed to meet some friends for a playdate after lunch, then it's piano lessons and home for me. I have to work on what to make for tonight's supper, too. Those Buttermilk Chicken Tenders you've all been raving about sound pretty good, I just may make them.

Ruth ~ Thank goodness someone turned in your credit card before any damage was done! I'm glad you had a nice trip and are home safe and sound again.

Beach bum ~ I'm so glad Leo is OK!!!!!

Beachgal ~ Thank you posting the picture of us together. You are a very dear person with a heart of gold, and it was fantastic to meet you in person!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I have the day off today, and so does DH. I dropped by DS and DD off at daycare, and we went to breakfast. I have an interview this morning, but then me and my hubby are going to try to relax, and maybe even see a movie. We haven't been able to have many grown up conversations lately without the kiddos chiming in, so this will be great.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beach Babes! It's nice and cool here too - 57º F - so fall is definitely on its way. When we circled over Ottawa airport on Monday, I noticed the tops of some of the trees had changed to fall colours. It's a glorious season - too bad it's followed by winter.

Cottage, isn't Laurie a fun person! I've not seen her since last fall and miss her. I just may work in a wee trip "south" this fall.

Beachbum, I am just so delighted over your news about Leo. These are days to cherish.

Bubba, I'm sending good vibes your way for the interview. Isn't it nice that you and DH can have some kidfree time today! Let me know what film you see.

The Girls and I did very little yesterday except tackle the mail and relax. It was sooo nice. I've not even completely unpacked yet! That will happen this morning and I plan to fertilize my containers too so I'll get a bit more bloom before frost. This afternoon, Hersh and I do a TheraPaws clinic visit, I get footcare and then we will go to visit Harry. That should fill the day.

I have tons of tomatoes and zucchini plus an eggplant so am going to make ratatouille from the SB Quick cookbook tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it turns out. I plan to freeze it in single containers. It's really good with eggs in the morning. The rest of the tomatoes will probably end up in salsa and there are lots more out in the garden.

Time to get cracking. I hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning ladies

Thanks you so much for your prayers support and cheers when I told you the good news about Leo's cancer remission. Thats one worry that is gone.Now to worry about my weight

Cottage and Laura-What a wonderful photo of the both of you.Its nice to see the faces of the ladies we post to every day.

Thanks Ruth-I like that post you send me in yesterdays daily. Had to show hubby.Hope you had a wonderful vacation. Going to go back and re-read the posts from yesterday.Yes these are the years to cherish. Looking forward to our 40th Anniversay Hawiian Cruise this Nov.Glad you have a good crop of veggies,we only have tomotoes[in 2 wiskey barrels] that were grown in Canada,they are so many I will have to make salsa also.

Thanks Cottage- for your good thoughts. Its a great feeling that its behind us for now,he just has to go back for check ups. I don't blame you for not exercising. Be careful with that shoulder. I hurt my a week ago fall out of the bath tub.Just started exercising as of Monday.

BubbaRay-Have a great & quite time with your hubby.

Have agreat day

Hugs BB
Old 08-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone !!!!! Hope you all have a great day
Old 08-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #6  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good Morning SBDees!

I slept so well last night that I didn't want to get out of bed this am. I always feel and look better on these days. I'm visiting my parents tomorrow thru Sunday and I should get lots of zzz's then too. Doubt that I'll be able to check the boards after tomorrow though. Their computer is so slow (dial-up), I don't think I could even get the website up.

BB - I just read the wonderful news! Now you can relax alittle.

Cottage/BG - Cute picture! I'm sure you had lots to talk about.

Cottage - Sorry about the exercise injury. Time off can help.

Ruth - I haven't officially welcomed you back! The veggies sound like you've had a great gardening summer! Must be nice to eat the "fruits" of your labor.

BubbaRye - You sound pretty confident about the interview - best wishes on that. Time with DH (and w/o DKs) is always worth it!

Off to the business world that pays me...
Old 08-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congratulations on the Interview. Sure u'll do fine.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Interview went well. I should know if I move to the next level next week. My hubby and I went to breakfast, and Lowe's. We wanted to see "Pirates of the Carribean" but I read the wrong time for the theatre and next one would've made it so we picked up the kids later than I like. We still had a good time.
Ate pretty on plan today. I didn't eat snacks because we were out and about so much.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #9  

Bubba - Glad to hear that your interview went well. And you got to spend a lot of the day with your DH. Sounds like a great day!

PampGal - Have a good visit with your parents.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you have a good evening.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - sorry I didn't get in sooner. It's been a hectic day and I'm a complete emotional time bomb - just waiting for stuff to set me off. I had a full day of mean, unreasonable, snotty and rude clients. Please know that I consider myself a very compassionate and responsible therapist but this was a day from the dark side! I agreed to work an extra long day today to be there for a client who's therapist left recently. She agreed to give me a try and knew that I was working the long day JUST FOR HER! It has been planned for weeks and she's called twice to confirm. Well she got there and asked if she could swap therapists!! I wouldn't even have BEEN there if not for her....I'd have been spending one of my only weeknights with DF!! I was so angry. So then - the client I take over staired at my chest the ENTIRE time I was working on him and tried to skip out with out paying. I have never had issues like that at this spa.

So I got home and went to check boards to see how everyone is doing and a person on a mountain biking webiste actually PM'D me because I misspelled a word in a post I made today about how excited I was that I did my first solo mB ride today and that I road stuff I've been scared to do before. She told me there was an edit button - showed me my error and then told me to go edit my post. HUH???? She took the time to PM me this?????

sorry - I know I'm whining! BUT all this frustation today led me straight AND I MEAN STRAIGHT to taco bell. I stuffed my face until I felt SICK. Turns out I eat from Anger more than all the others combined!! ug.

I have read everyone's posts and will do a nice post tomorrow morning - but I'm having a really bad day today and needed to vent to people that won't spell check me and trade me out for another person after looking at me! makes me want to cry.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Well made it through day two Hope everyone had a good day - sorry to hear about your day little grasshopper hopefully tomorrow will be better Talk to everyone tomorrow
Closed Thread