South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just for fun.......

I just spotted this site on a post in another area and gave it a try.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm
Would you believe it came back with only one possible dog for me - The Spanish Water Dog which is essentially the same breed as my Portuguese Water Dogs!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #2  

If I take away the non-shedding requirement, I come up with my current dog - Lady, a collie. She's perfect ... except for the shedding. My floors look like an old western movie with tumbleweeds blowing around, except the weeds are dog fur instead lol! Love her anyway!
Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Heidi, Porties are supposed to be non-shedding but they do lose little fluffs when they scratch. I don't have dust bunnies but Portie-bunnies that float in the air when the furnace fan comes on. Very appetizing when one fkoats onto a fried egg!
Old 06-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #4  

Ruth, If I add the non-shedding requirement on that web site, I get poodles and doodles. Actually, a doodle was our initial choice, but then we saw Lady at the pound and fell for her.

A neighbour has 2 Portuguese Water Dogs. They're wonderful! Beautiful temperment and lovely coats. Maybe out next dog ...

How did you come to choose Porties?

H
Old 06-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #5  

That was fun! Cept, I never heard of some of the dogs it returned... what the hoodledoo is a Whoodle? And a Xolitzcuintle? Sigh, it didnt return my babies.. Cairn Terriers...even though they don't shed, we cut them down for the summer..now they look like Dingos... ("I think a dingo eight my bybee" )
Closed Thread