South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #1  

Cool Pounds to inches?

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good holiday weekend! I have a dilemma I hope someone can help with. I cannot stand at all due to paralysis (car accident). But am determined to get this weight off. So weighing is kind of out unless I can figure out a way to weigh from my wheelchair. I have been measuring my progress by inches. I know it shows results but was wondering if anyone knows if you can relate inches to pounds lost? What I mean how many inches in a pound lost? Just curious. Hope someone can help. BTW, I love the board. I believe seeing all the support is really helping me maintain!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

As you can see from the number of views, nobody has a good answer. I think it depends on what you weigh and your body type. How about picking one measurement, like your waist or upper arm, and starting with that?

Some people say that losing five pounds means going down a dress size but that sure doesn't apply if you are five feet tall and 200 pounds or more!

Perhaps you could measure at the beginning of the month and then at the end and see progress that way.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's a link to another discussion on inches. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...es#post1271327
Old 05-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #4  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

like Ruth said with tracking just one measurement, my trainer said always do the neck as it is a great indicator of size change and weight loss
Old 05-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #5  

Thanks Ruth! I have a chart where I measure neck, chest, waist, arms, etc. I thought that might at least show progress. I know about being obsessed with the scale. Had that problem when I could walk! Now it is with the tape measure ! I am obsessed with my arms now that they have become larger because of use. My DH tells me "No matter what they won't go down!" but I know just like everything else, they should some! I will definitely go by inches then, at the beginning and end of the month!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #6  

Hey Batmomm! Hope you are doing well! I am keeping up with the neck measurement also (I have gone down 1 inch in the neck so something is working!). At the rehab they have a roll on scale for people in wheelchairs, but I don't have access where I live. The only thing with that is they weigh your chair then you in the chair and do the math. Inches will just have to do! *sigh*
Closed Thread