South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Kraft SBD Foods?

Has anyone tried any of these, and if so, which ones are the best?
I've looked at some, like the cookies and crackers, but the carbs don't seem that low....what do you think?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  

I'm sure the mods will jump in, but I wanted to too!

I've tried almost all of the Kraft SBD foods I can find. The 'snack' foods (crackers, cookies, breakfast bars etc...) are okay and when I'm craving a cookie, they are great, and I know they are allowed on SBD . The dressing is good. I don't really care for the wraps or frozen meals. First, they are expensive. Second, SBD promotes non-processed foods and those meals are loaded with things not good for you (like sodium), I think they are recommended for 'occasional' use anyway. And I never felt full when I ate a wrap or frozen entree. You also have to remember that SBD is not a 'low carb' diet. It focuses on good carbs, good fats, and whole grains.

I hope this helps
Old 05-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #3  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Anna,

Thank you for answering...I was beginning to get a complex

I will definetly take your advice and try the snacks first. And I need to get in my head that we are focusing on 'good carbs', not 'low carb'. Aside from the grocery store, I am going to go to some of my local health food stores this weekend and see what all I can find.

Have a good weekend chickies!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #4  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

I bought a bunch of stuff when it was on sale and I had coupons so it was pretty cheap. My overall impression is don't bother!

The wrap kit(southwestern) was fine but I could've done better on my own. The dinner entree and pizza were small and bland. Plus using these products for lunch or dinner, you still need to get yourself a veggie somewhere b/c Kraft isn't giving it to you-certainly not 2 cups worth.

I bought the cookies but heeded the warning about may cause gas(sugar alcohols) and was too nervous to risk it, lol. I did however try the cereal bars(chocolate ones) and found that they were ok in a pinch (but I would only eat 1/2 at a time-still afraid of excess gas )

Also like Anna said, SBD doesn't focus on the # of carbs rather the source of the carbs...sugar=BAD carb whole grain=GOOD carb

If you want a good cracker snack, reduced fat Triscuits are good.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

I guess I'm in the minority here. I'm always looking for convience. I bought these when I was on other diets. I really like the wraps. I would eat them with a salad. They filled me up fine. I also like the breakfast wraps. The other frozen meals are ok. I've found a couple that aren't bad. They help to break up my meals to have these prepackaged foods a couple times a week. Plus I don't have to prepare them. For me it's all about convience...
I'd say give some a try. You might like them.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:22 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Chicks, these products are pretty controversial. The 'Beachies' have weighed in (no pun intended...) on this issue from both sides in several different threads. I found several of them and combined links to them in one thread in the FAQ so you can access them more easily. Take a look and think about it before you buy these products.

Summary of links to SBD Kraft product reviews and discussions

Bottom line: just because it says it's SBD-safe doesn't mean it is. Read the ingredients and think about how you feel about eating them.

Lots of in deciding on what's right for you!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #7  

I've tried just about all of them. I mostly used them for lunches and snacks at work. The only frozen dinner i liked was an oriental pork dish. The pizzas were too bland. The cereal bars & cookies I like a lot and keep in my office.
The wraps are okay, but easy to do for yourself.

Wheat thins are now available in 100% whole wheat. Kashi makes some good crackers & other stuff. Just be careful and don't overdo. There is nothing better than fresh fruits and vegtables.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amen about not overdoing, proudmother! (love the avatar! )

Triscuits are whole wheat and have good fats. Staying away from processed food really is best, though. You feel so much better!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #9  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

I agree. I tried the pizzas and found the were ok and quite small. I don't think any of them are really balanced either. I found it was great when I needed something fast to make for dinner, but that was about it.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:13 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

I love the SBD foods.. When I have the money in the budget that is what I eat, when I dont of course then I cook.. but I do up the water intake due to sodium.... I like all the wraps..
Old 05-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I looked over the bars and found they are more expensive and you could do just as well with special k bars...However some of the other foods are great. Their cheese pizza is so yummy you feel like you are cheating, also the SBD approved dressings and condiments (expecially the bbq sauce) taste great. I often feed them to unsuspecting non dieters disguised in meals...
Closed Thread