South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

Default peanut butter

Is sugar free peanut butter o.k. on sb?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach!
Natural peanut butter is the safest. Sometimes sugarfree has extras in it like cornstarch or bad fats. You can usually buy peanut butter that is peanuts only in bulk food stores.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #3  

I buy Smucker's Natural peanut butter at my grocery store. Make sure you do NOT get the Smucker's Natural with Honey. The ingredients on mine are peanuts and salt. That is what you are looking for. If they were peanuts and Splenda that would be okay too but I haven't seen any that were like that. Some people do mix Splenda into their natural peanut butter but I have really gotten to like it as it is.

Oh, if you have never used natural peanut butter before, don't let the oil on the top bother you. It is supposed to be like that. I take a butter knife and mix up and down until it is blended in. Then when I refrigerate it, it doesn't separate any longer and is wonderful. If you wanted to add Splenda you would add it while you are mixing the oil into the peanut butter.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

Default splenda pb

Yes the peanut butter has Splenda. It is Peter Pan. I guess it is new. I tried the natural and was pleasantly suprised. But, I love just about any pb.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cotton!

Cotton, most peanut butters (i.e. anything that's not 'natural') have all the really AWFUL oils that are full of trans fats! Check your ingredients and see if the PB has the word "hydrogenated". If so, it's a trans fat. Yuck! I know...it tastes good, but what it does to your body...

Try the natural kind...in the West, it's Laura Scudder's, in the East, it's Smucker's, that you can find easily in most grocery stores. There are other brands, though, so feel free to shop around and find one that you like. You are looking for one that has just peanuts and salt in it. Be very careful with anything else they add in...okay? The best, I've found, if you can get it, is freshly ground PB...it's amazing! I used to get it at the Farmer's Market in L.A. Not only is it way fun to watch the ribbon of PB come out of the machine, but the taste is out of this world.

Glad to have you with us...this was a great question!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

Let me say that I love pb! I started buying the natural and after using that for a little while, I won't go back. I also wanted to say, even though the pb says "Natural", you still need to look at the ingredients. I saw one that said "Natural, No Need To Stir." I was intrigued, but turned it around and there is added sugar. I just don't understand.
I think I'll just stay with my beloved Smuckers!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #7  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome Cotton!! Good to have you here on the beach! I use Smucker's! It's sooo good. Tara~
Closed Thread