South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-10-2006, 01:33 AM   #1  

Default Harder to lose 15lbs or less on SBD?

I would like to know if anyone has tried to lose around 10-15 pounds on SBD and did it work? How did you do it? Sources say if you only have a little to lose, then start with phase 2. Do you think SBD is more successful for those who need to lose a larger amount? I do really like the diet because I feel it is one that can become a way of life, but is it the best way for me to get rid of that ever lingering 10 pounds?

For those of you who have been on the diet a while, where do you get the motivaton to continue each day? I am such an emotional eater that I always ruin it for myself. When I am happy, sad, upset, and so on, I eat. What is an alternative for this eating??
amelie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Amelie,
I've been on the SBD since Jan. 2004, and the closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it is to lose those last few lbs. My only motivation to keep going is knowing that I'm eating healthy foods that are good for my body, and the alternative would be to go back to my old habits and watch the pounds start piling on again, and I sure don't want that to happen after coming so far. I tend to be an emotional eater, too, and when I have the urge to eat, it helps to get up and do something like go outside or clean the kitchens counters, anything, to try to get my mind focused on something else.
Hang in there, and good luck.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Amelie,

The first time I went on SB I only had 15 pounds to lose (went off b/c of pregnancy). I did the 2 weeks of Phase 1 and lost 4 pounds. Then the next 6 came off fairly easily. The last 5 were pretty stubborn, but they did come off with time and exercise.
I get my motivation from seeing the results. I feel so much better physically and mentally about my body that I don't want to ruin it. I do have the occasional time where I go off track and have a meal or two that is non-SBD, but it so easy to get back on track. That's what makes this diet so successful.
Kelly J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/146/150

The second law of weightloss says: "The less you have to lose, The Slower it will come off" (boy, I HATE laws like that - don't you?) Regardless which diet plan you choose - with only 15 pounds to shed, you'll need to face this law and succeed in spite of it (because it IS possible!).

I think it took me 2 years to shed my last pound. Ok, ok, it REALLY only took a month. SEEMED like years, though! Don't focus so much on your scale. Measure yourself and go by that. Afterall, if you were given the choice of 15 pounds off OR 3 dress sizes, which would you choose?
csoar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #5  

I would recommend that you do phase 1 even when you don't have much to lose because it really helps eliminate the cravings. Remember that you won't lose as much as someone who needs to lose more and don't let it get you discouraged.

Yes, I can definitely tell you it is harder to lose the last 15 pounds. And if you let yourself slide back into your old eating habits, the weight will come back on. I'm doing this for my health and to be around to see my son grow up. And I have to say I like the way I look now (at a size 8/10) better than I did when I wore an 18/20. That is motivation enough for me. Also my stomach used to bother me when I ate things with saturated and trans fats. Now I don't eat those and I am just fine.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote