South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday's Hang Ten

Good Morning and Get out of Bed Chicks!!!

Yes, I am a morning person. I should be, I go to bed between 8:00 and 9:00 pm every night. Today I am doing my step Reebok. I have been good for five days again now and officially back on the wagon with SBD. I seem to do okay as long as the temptations are not to "in my face". Today is Valentines Day and I gave my son his candy and presents last night. I tried to pick things that would not temp me and that he loves (no peanut butter chocolate items). I hope there is not to much junk floating around the office for me to drool over. Will Power Don't Fail Me Now!!!

Depending on what my scale tells me this morning, I may change my ticker to reflect the fact that I think I finally brought my weight back to the original SBD lost pounds...wish me luck

Sounds like every chickie has some great goals for the week - keep up the good work. TTYL
Old 02-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
I had trouble posting yesterday, the server would let me read the threads, but wouldn't let me post! Jake and I both had the day off because of the weather, and I made the most of it, just reading and puttering around. We did venture out around 9:30 to run errands and get a few groceries, and I couldn't believe how bad the roads were! The sun came out, though, and the roads were much better by the end of the day. So today it's back to the regular routine. I'm leaving in a few minutes for Curves, I sure missed not going yesterday, but I stayed OP all three days while being "snowed in"!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies, and Happy Valentines Day!

Freaky, I'm a morning person too although I don't get to bed as early as you do because of the Doggage. Mornings are the best part of the day!

Cottage, I'm glad you're dug out. We got just a skiff of snow yesterday but an "Alberta Clipper" is on it's way although it'll be nothing like what the Eastern USA got. We expect about 4 inches - hardly worth getting out a shovel!

Yesterday was hectic with Harry's doc visit, picking up dog food and going to my Art Class. Today I just need to do a financial report for the Cemetery Board AGM tonight. Yes, a meeting on V-Day! The constitution says the AGM is the second Tuesday of February so...... I wonder how many folk will show up.

So what's happening with you today? Come and share.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been neck-deep in rewrites. I've finished with chapter two. My eyes feel like two hard-boiled eggs, but I'm still here, at least.

Happy Valentines Day!!

Hubby and I are going to see Nanny McPhee tonight. Not exactly a romantic movie (I don't think) but it DOES have Colin Firth in it, which is eye candy for me!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #5  

Default frost on the palm trees

we live on a lake in Tampa, Fl and it was kinda weird looking this morning--34 degress and steam coming off the lake and frost on the roof tops--and my palm trees! Sun is up now and the palms are dripping. Off for another busy day, coffee with Newcomers for new or potential members, then off to visit a decor shop that will be hosting a seminar for our Designing Women's group on Friday. Then some errands and home in time for hubby and me to go to club for dinner and bridge tonight. what a burden retirement is!

Happy Valentines Day to all!

Last edited by pinkeagle; 02-14-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #6  
beachbum

HAPPY VALENTINES CHICKS

We have a beautiful day sunny morning,and the temps are goingUPmelting all that blizzard snow.

Received my VD present this morn,a beautiful tropically in door plant.I told DH NO CANDY this year as I can't afford a gain,want to reach my goal by the end of this year.

Sending you all the to keep away from tempations this Valentines Day.

Hugs BB
Old 02-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

10 inches of snow here, the temp is supposed to be in the 40's today,, They finally Plowed our road,, So it looks like I will be heading out today.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Happy Valentines Day you beach babes!!! I told DH I did not want anything except a card for Vday. NO CHOCOLATE!!!! He works late tonight, so I don't have to make a special dinner either. His Bday is Thursday, so I will have to do steaks and stuff then. I ate my SBD friendly breakfast. That was my weekly behavior goal. Breakfast is usually very hard for me. I made a wonderful turkey veggie soup. We had t for dinner last night and will ave it again tonight!! Yum. It is supposed to be a high of 30 degrees here today, but 63 tomorrow...can't wait for tomorrow!!! How are you all today?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone! I'm soooo tired! I'm NOT a morning person...at all. It's chilly here & I'm sipping my coffee. I have to run some errands this morning before I go to work. I also have to drop off some AVON items....which means some $$$. Pearsy...have you recieved your stuff yet?
Freaky - I'll send you some will power wishes...have a great day at work.
Ruthie - Have fun at your meeting.
Cottage - Do you like Curves? I'm thinking about joining. One of my friends just got hired on for part time there. She's lost over 40lbs with them (WOW) since Oct. I think they are runnng a promo where if you bring in a bag of groceries your annual fee is waived. I think that would be the best time to try it.
BB - at least your hubby listened to you...mine did not...recieved some candy, but I already took it to work. Our security guy at the whole thing last night - I'm sure he had a tummy ache later.
MsCrockett - enjoying getting out, but remember to be careful!
I'm off to read some more post & answer my AVON emails....have a great day!
Mamacita - Enjoy your movie tonight!
Pinkeagle - sounds like a lovely day!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Hi Kyemom....we posted at the same time!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #11  

pinkeagle - I grew up in Tampa! My sister still lives in our old home over near Leto High School. I'll have to give her a call today and see how she is handling the cold. The house is poorly insulated and has a oil burning heater that doesn't work well. The windows are those thin panes of glass that don't seal well. Not bad in the heat of the summer. Since she doesn't have air conditioning, the extra ventilation helps but I bet she is cold now.

Me - DH left a card with a Hershey's Extra Dark chocolate bar on my steering wheel this morning. I've eaten more than I should and it is now sitting in the freezer so I will leave the rest of it alone for now and eat it over a more leisurely time. Since I am working from home today I won't be tempted by the candy that people are probably bringing in to work. DH did want to go out to eat at lunch but I have too much work so I need to think of somewhere nice to have him pick up something and bring back. My weight is slowly creeping back down where it was and I will not allow eating out to undo that!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #12  

HAppy Valentine's Day all you LUVABLE CHICADOOOs!!!

hmmm, I couldn't get in here all day yesterday... so I have ta go catch up on all the postings!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

This week is my second week of phase one, and I will WI on Sunday Morning, and begin phase II Monday, any suggestions on how NOT to get scale obsessed? I did on the last and only other diet I was n 4 yrs ago, and it factored in to my failure, I am already wanting to weigh myself,, and I no better,,,, How can I over come this,, I feel blah and bloated today as *aunt margaret* is taking its monthly toll on me..... any suggestions is WELCOME
Old 02-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hide the scale! Or take the battery out. I totally relate!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:53 AM   #15  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Happy Valentines Day!!!
I decided to import my Yahoo Avitar for today. The picture quality is kinda crappy for some reason but here it is anyways. This is pretty much what I really look like except I'm chunkier, my hair is a little longer & don't wear cupid outfits in real life!

Not much going on here yet. It's gonna be nice again today. In the 50's which is weird because it snowed on Sat & Sun & was in the teens. I know everybody says it about their state but from my experience Nebr. has the wackiest weather!
XOXOXOXOXOX to ya'll!
Have a loverly V-Day!

Last edited by Demeter; 02-14-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Closed Thread