South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #1  

Default Please Help!!!

I am just starting phase one again. I am a former lurker here. I had lost 60 pounds on the south beach diet. However, I got pregnant and, yes, I gained it all back plus some. Now it's been four days back on the beach and well I haven't lost anything. This time I've been exercising too. I'm alternating weight training with low impact aerobics. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible it won’t work? Should I do something else? Thanks for any input.

Jennifer
happiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back to The Beach!

Stick with it and good for you to get back on The Beach. A lot of folks lose absolutely nothing until they get into the second week of Phase I.

Perhaps you could post a day or two of what you eat with quantities and the smart chickies will have some suggestions.

(Just a hint! Don't lurk! POST! There's lots of support here.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #3  

[QUOTE=Ruthxxx]: A lot of folks lose absolutely nothing until they get into the second week of Phase I.

Boy, I'm glad to hear that!
I may well be eating too much myself. On the one hand, they say you don't need to count calories in phase 1, but I am wondering about that. I've been a gal with a hearty appetite!
I've been using two pieces of 2% string cheese in snacks - that's too much, isn't it? And cheese in my breakfast eggs, cheese on my lunchtime salad, ricotta creme after supper. Do I need to cool it with the cheese? I am using 2% or fat free.
I'm a little confused about the dairy. I did this back in 2004 and no longer have the book, which I've re-ordered. But I know that fat free sour cream was used in the book in a P1 recipe. Now I'm hearing no sour cream or cream cheese of any kind till phase 2?
And does sugar-free cocoa count towards the 75 calories of sugar free sweets we're allowed per day?
garybearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote