South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #1  
DBR
Diana B

Angry PMS Blues

Well -- I did GREAT my first week on SBD this week. I ate well and lost 1 1/2lbs. Then it happened. I went to the store to look for candy for my daughter's pinata we're having for her birthday. (Yes I know I could get little chachke toys, but that would work out too expensive). Being that time of the month, why would'nt I want to shop for candy? How dumb of me. I got some that I don't like so that was great, then I passed the valentine's candy and saw the red/pink m&m's. I said to myself, "I'll serve these at the party for the adults, hubby's family loves m&m's. I won't open these til then (this sat). Well, I barely got the car unpacked and IMMEDIATELY AFTER EATING MY 2% MOZZERELLA CHEESE STICK (still trying to be good) I rip open the bag with a vengence and down two fistfuls before I can stop myself. I felt like a junkie looking for my junk. I then proceeded to eat 1/2 of a Hershey's Extra Dark that was hidden in the back of the fridge (hubby's) which by the way sat there all week without me even thinking about it!

First thing I noticed is a small and I mean small rush of energy, then, now I'm exhausted, feel lethargic and just want to take a nap. Damn, I haven't felt like this since before I started SBD. All week I didn't have a 3:00 crash. I even had energy right after dinner.

I'm gonna chalk this up to a BAAAAADDDDDD PMS DAY and get right back on track. Think I should do an extra week of P1 or just finish P1 and move to
P2? Whadya think?

Thanks in advance,

Diana
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

Do your second week and see what you think. If you're still craving or just not sure if you are detoxed, then best extend it a few more days. If you're not sure, best err on the side of caution and keep it up a bit longer. Sometimes it can take a week or more to get it all out of your system. It's really hard to stick to it while PMSing, so sending you lots of : !
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #3  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

I agree w/ H-Ko. If your cravings are still sticking around - which I think they probably are - extending it a few days will probably be for the best. Good luck - we're all cheering for you!!! You can do this!
Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 PM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

You know it happens to the best of us. I think it is impressive you stopped with just 2 handfuls, had that been me on a PMS day I would have had the whole bag. I admire your "start fresh" attitude. That is something I am trying to learn. If I cheat once the rest of the day seems to go downhill for me. I agree with the other chicks. Keep going and see how your body feels. If you feel like you have undone your detox then maybe you should stay on ph1 for a little while longer.

Good luck
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #5  
DBR
Diana B

Thanks so much for all your support! I'm back on track and the cravings are subsiding again. I think I'll stay on p1 for maybe 3-4 more days after my 2wks are up just to see how it goes. Thanks again!
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:40 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

H-Ko is exactly right, DBR. If it's your first time doing this, you may find that you need to start over to get the full effects. If it were me, that's what I'd do. The possibility of having to start over again hanging over my head was a major reason I stayed in line on P1! That, and feeling so good...what happened is a good thing, in that it showed you the major difference in how you feel on plan and off it. Like you, I like it much better on plan, no matter how good things look! Give yourself until Phase 2 and then you can have chocolate every week!

Until then, learn from the experience and stay away from all M&Ms, okay? We've all been there, hon. You're back on track, though and you'll do great!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote