South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default Discovery Health Channel's National Body Challenge 2006

Anyone thinking of doing this? I signed up last year but was in a clinical trial they didn't want me to change what I was eating or my exercise routine. It was basically wasted on me. You also get a free 8 week trial to Bally's health club.

I'll do it again this year for sure and actually work with it. I've hit a really long stall...which I don't mind at all because I'm not gaining any weight either. This is the longest I've ever kept weight off.

Sarah

http://health.discovery.com/converge...out/about.html
Old 12-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the info. I will be checking this out.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #3  

We don't have a bally in our area so that part I wont be able to benefit from but I'm still gonna check it out. Thanks for posting this.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

YES, Sarah, I'm doing it, too!!! I won't be doing the Bally thing but I've already signed up online. I think the weekly exercise plans will be a great help to keep me on track. I have equipment at home so I really have no excuse. I have checked out their food plan and I will probably modify it more towards a South Beach plan. I'm excited to see that somebody else here is also doing it. It will be a positive reinforcement being able to track the food, exercise and weight on their website and see our progress. Let's keep in touch here, to see how we're doing.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Sarah...I told my friend Kirsten about it & I think we are going to do it as well. Thanks for the info....8 free weeks at ballys - that's wonderful!!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:27 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Q: What is the National Body Challenge television special?

A: The National Body Challenge television special airs Jan. 15 and Jan. 16, from 8 to 10 p.m. ET, and is designed to inspire participants to stay on track to reach their personal health goals. The two-part series takes an in-depth look at obesity in America by following the physical and emotional journeys of four families as they work together to achieve their weight loss goals and lead a healthier lifestyle. Dr. Pamela Peeke and Dr. Lydie Hazan, along with Bally Total Fitness trainers, work with each family to keep them motivated and on target to reach their goals and change their lives.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #7  
Egy Kis Lany

This looks great! Though I don't have a Bally's near where I'll be headed. *scrunchie face*

Oh well, I'll still see what I can do with the meal plans and the rest.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm SO in! This is just what I needed to make sure I stay on track. Thanks for posting that. I forwarded the link to Molly and my parents. Hopefully they'll do the same!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:13 PM   #9  

YEY! I want to join. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I went yesterday to weigh in at one of the official weigh-in sites at the discovery store near me. It was so much fun. They had a couple of class instructors from Bally's and FitTV showing simple exercise routines.

AND Dr. Pamela Peake was there! I didn't know she was going to be there. She wrote a couple great books-Body for Life for Women and Fight Fat after 40. I actually spoke with her. It was amazing and so incredibly energetic.

Sarah
Closed Thread