South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #1  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Question Veggies, veggies and more veggies

Hello everyone...

Enjoying your forum over here. Just wondering how much veggies everybody is doing for phase 1. I am doing pretty well as far as food planning...but I am not sure if I am falling short of veggies. Is there an estimated amount of veggies? Sorry if I missed it. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:41 AM   #2  

In the frequently asked question section there is a phase 1 guidebook which out lines the vegie intake.. skip over there and have a look at the stickies on the top of the page - they are very helpful
Old 01-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #3  

The recommendation is for 4 1/2 cups of vegetables in both phase 1 and phase 2. Aim for a half cup with breakfast and 2 cups each with lunch and dinner. Or make your snacks be veggies if you know you will get less at one meal.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Monkey, great question!

Veggies really are the key here...they keep you full and make you feel satisfied. I know I would have hated hearing that when I started SBD, as I hated veggies! But I've made myself learn to love them and now some have almost become comfort food! (can you believe that??? )

I try to have veggies with every main meal, then with one snack, if possible. Think of sneaky ways to get more in...you'll find more in the thread I stickied in the FAQ about veggies...might be the one Marianna means, but it might be that she means the Emergency Phase 1 guide, in which case the veggie one is different. Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I'll post a link.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #5  

Sorry.. i should have been less lazy and posted a link for you. Here is a link to the emergency handbook for phase 1 - and under "how best to structure your diet" up the top of the thread there is a link that talks about what foods to eat when.. hope that helps.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58183

Old 01-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone for your responses and direction!!!
Closed Thread