South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:54 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Manic Monday 1/16/2006

Oy, my week is off to a fantastic start - I've got a short paper due in less than eight hours on the concept of the "generalized other" for my social psych class, and DS is sick. Something is wrong with his eye - some kind of infection. It's not pink eye - there's no redness or swelling or anything like that, but it does look a little odd in an indefinable way, and it's pretty gunky. Plus he's feverish. His cousin had an eye infection last week, and since they are in the same daycare, I'm guessing that's where it came from. On top of that, he started crying and crying about an hour or so after we put him to bed, and when I checked on him, he was standing in his crib, half dressed, holding out his diaper and pants (which he'd removed), and with a big puddle on his linens (and rivulets running down his legs, too). I called DH, who popped him into the tub for a quickie bath and started washing his bedding - he didn't have any spares, since he'd just wet his bedding a few days back, and I hadn't had a chance to wash it yet. Worse still, his snuggy blanky was in the puddle, so he had to go to bed without it. We put him into our bed with DH, and I stayed up to do laundry. Once his bedding was washed and dried, I made his crib up again and popped him into his own bed with his soft, clean snuggy. By then, he was very hot, so I dosed him with Infant's Tylenol and gave him some cold water to drink. Then I was finally able to get to work on reading the material for my paper (which I just finished).

Ugh! I hope it gets better from here out! I have to either get DS an appt tomorrow (if the clinic is open - I don't know if they are closed for MLK, Jr Day or not) or else run him into the walk-in. He's going to be exhausted, so that'll be a challenge, either way. I do hope it's nothing much, since we don't have insurance (plus I just don't want him to be sick, poor boy!).

Anyway, that how my day is starting. I may have to give up on any hope of sleep tonight/this morning. Que sera, sera....
Old 01-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #2  
Ready!!!

Morning to you all........."ITS A GIRL, Jordis Kenady Smith, 6lbs 3oz.,born 7:59 pm, Sunday, Jan.15, 2006,Cute as buttons. Thank you God
Now I can get back to some kind of eating on program.
My new tanning bed comes this week I don't know where I want to put it?
Well I must go read yesterdays posts.
Morning Heather, hope the day is better for you.
Have a sop kinda day chicks
Tazcat
Old 01-16-2006, 06:18 AM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

Congrats, tazcat!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick post as I slept in until six this morning! I may be getting over my sleep problem!

Heather, I am so sorry about your wee one. I hope you can manage to get through today, remembering your priorities.

Taz, congratulations new Grandma! I love the name!

Back later after coffee, breakfast, car moving and getting the guys cranked up. They want the furnace off today and it's darn cold without it so I'll be throwing wood into the woodstove. It's below 0ºF again!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!!! Haven't had much time to spare this weekend. I am off today but I wanted to stay at least sort of on my sleep schedule so I am up and ready to battle my treadmill this morning

This is officially my last day on phase one...except I had a crazy weekend. I got invited by friends to a movie this Sunday. I have been avoiding temptations like that for two weeks. I said yes. I knew I would be unable to resist the popcorn if it was right there so I did some excuse making and some meal rearranging on Saturday and then on Sunday I ate the movie popcorn with the butter Problem is, as usual, that made it okay to also have some of my friends chocholate candy and a few gummy bears No Will Power What-so-ever!!!

I felt yucky the rest of the night. I had a great veggie and chicken homemade stirfry for dinner. I slept terrible all night either from all that sugar or from all that guilt. I have decided that I will attempt to remain on Phase one for a few extra days before I add anything.

It wasn't worth it and I will try to remind myself that next time. I am also going to resist the weighing on the scale this morning in case I did Not gain weight. I wouldn't want not gaining to encorage me to continue to eat like that

I also wanted to welcome all the new comers that started over the weekend

My other big news. I have made a crazy decision. I am going to get my hair cut really short for the first time since I was a child!!! Yikes, wish me luck.

H-KO - sounds like it's been rough. I've been there and I hope your DS and DH are better soon.

Tazcat - Major Congrats to you!!!

Good Morning Everyone Else.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:37 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!
H-KO - YIKES!!! Hope things & ds get better ASAP!!
Ruthie - my sleep is crazy too
Freaky - have fun with the hair cut!
Taz - congrats!!
I'm off to work for a 7am meeting - ugh! Coffee is made & ready to go!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 AM   #7  

Mornin' all.

Taz - Congrats on the new little one!!!
H-Ko - Hope your DS feels better quickly, and that you get to get some rest!
Freaky - There must be something in the air. You're getting your hair cut really short. I got my hair permed over the weekend, and today I'm going to get my ears pierced. Guess we're both looking for a change.

Well, no national holiday for this chickee. Got to go to work today. Made my coffee yesterday, so it's time to throw it into the microwave. Everyone have a great day!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:15 AM   #8  

It's Monday and we gotta git MOOOOVING!!!!

HKO: Poor little guy! I hope he gets over his eye thing jiffy quick! Sheesh what a way to spend a night or morning..at least ya got some laundry done.

Taz: Congrats Grandma Taz!!! What a pretty name! You must be over the moon!

JanaM:
Enjoy your day!

Soooon:
Yer off again! Such a Busy Bee! You are gonna make manager one of these days..and then Regional Manager and then WHO KNOWS!!!!!You Go girl!!

Freaky:
I think you are going to look quite chic with short hair..Go fer it! Good thing about hair,, it grows ! Drink yer water to flush out that popcorn and butter!

Good Morning Ruth!

I've been procrastinating on finishing up my resume... Geez, all I haveta do is add my last job to it.. but I can't seem to get it worded the way I want. Now that DH has found a "home" with this new job...(well, they still need to negotiate salary..but we're 99% sure that he is in and will take the job) I can define my job search area better..No way am I going back to 3 +hour daily commutes!!
Now then, WHERE Is my IV DRIP??? I need Cawfee STAT!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Schatzi - can I have some IV caffeine, too?

DS has woken up crying several times since the start of this thread. He's just miserable (and so are we, come to think on it) - poor thing. Still little or no redness (hard to tell which, since he won't stop rubbing it), but it was pretty crusty earlier. I did manage to get my discussion paper written, but it is definitely no masterpiece! I don't even know if I understood the concept correctly, especially since everyone else in my group had a different idea than I did. Oh well! I tacked a note on at the start to comment that my toddler was sick, and I was too exhausted to think straight so please be gentle with me! I'm off to bed now - DH's alarm will go off in 30 minutes so it hardly seems worthwhile to try to sleep, but I'm too tired to resist. I just hope DS is better for daycare tomorrow - I have homework due, and I just can't do much while he's up and about (wonder why...), let alone sick.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #10  

HKO, maybe he has dirt or an eye lash in his eye? Did you try an eyewash? Like saline or contact rinse solution?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #11  

H Ko I feel your pain- it is so hard when they are sick. Especially when you are exhausted! Ear infection maybe? That was always my DD- she couldn't sleep, fever. Hopefully you can get him into the pedi today.

Taz Congrats!! A new baby girl.

Freaky I am impressed that you got right back on the wagon and had an OP dinner. You didn't let your slip up go out of control.

No school for us today! I am just going to try and get the rest of this house in some order and finish laundry. We are going to get together with a friend and her son so DD can at least do something fun today. She wasn't the best behaved yesterday at my mom's. Many days I have a tremendous amount of patience when she acts this way- yesterday, not so much.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Hey girls!! Well I am down another pound!! I am feeling good. My sister came in town this weekend..I have not seen her since last February...She said,"Wow.. you are so skinny...look like a little gust of wind"...made me feel very good. Especially since she is a model and perfect figure!!! I have to say, my body has changes so much...I am finally starting to like how I look in clothes..now if I could just start to like how I look naked... yaaahhhhh...Anyway, I had a great weekend, even went out to lunch yesterday with DH family, and they all ordered Icecream ...I did not touch it...Had a kids bday party on Sat ...stayed completely OP...I had major temptations this weekend, and I was so good!!...I WANT TO BE SKINNY....that is what I keep telling myself....How was everyone else's weekend?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #13  
Kyemom

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RUTHIE... sorry I just read this weekends posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #14  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Smile

H-ko: Sorry to hear about your rough night. I hope your son gets better. Poor little guy. Good luck with your paper.

Taz: CongRATs on the baby! Who's is it again? Is it your neice?

Ruth: Brrr!! Stay warm today. We haven't had much of a winter here at all this year. I do hope we get a good snow once or twice before it's over. I love snow but I guess that comes from growing up in HI where there is none.

Freaky: Yaay! Almost to P2. Just remember to add fruits and good carbs back slowly. You'll do great!!

Schatzziarrrrino: Good luck with the resume. I worked in the same field and for only 2 companies for 12 years before quitting to go full time in school a few years ago. So, this means I have 0 experience with resumes. I'm not looking forward to it this summer when I have to start sending them out. Maybe I'll send you mine and you can be my proof-reader !!

Kiko: Can I send you some of my laundry? I'll trade baby-sitting for laundry duty !

Kyemom: WooHoo! Another pound! CongRATs!

Ok, it's fess up time, ladies! I weighed in this am after about a month and a half of not weighing myself. I weighed a whoping 213. Yes, 213! And that's after a week of a good P1. I didn't weigh myself before so I have no idea what I started out at. I feel like I undid all the good I did last year but I can't let that get me down. All I can do is be extra good this year. I will be at my goal by the end of the year when I'm done with grad school. It will be like a new me starting a new path in life.

Today my friend and I are hanging out since we haven't seen each other since I've been back from CA. We're going to lunch and to do some shopping and maybe a movie. We're going to TGIFriday's and I know they have some healthy things I can order. I will have will power and I will be good at lunch!

So it's the second week of P1 for me. I always am amazed at how P1 can just zap the sugar cravings right out of me. It's so true that having proper blood chemistry just changes everything. This week I have to work on more water and keep up with the walking. I will also add in my exercise video with weights every other day. Send good vibes my way ladies and I'll do the same for you! We can do this!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/172/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday!
I had a busy weekend with today being my BIRTHDAY
I have momdo willpower so I didn't really cheat except 2 tortilla chips and regular dressing on my salad.

tazcat- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I hop everyone has a great day! I'll be back tonight when the kids are in bed. We have a 4 day weekend
Closed Thread