South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday Chat HAPPY HUMP DAY

RISE N SHINE my leetle Chickadees!

let's see, in the last chapter (yesterday)

We 3 new chicks to the clutch! Elisabeth , K8EEE and AMY!!!

and hmm did Soon Survive her day of Returns in Retail? Did she get her nails done yet? ENQUIRIN MINDS WANNA KNOW! Poor Cottage was sausaging herself into Jeans..sigh..Anchor was fighting off evil cookies as she helped her mum recoup from shoulder surgery..Tammy got new clothes!Size 14s I might add! Barb was cookin some Turkey soup and being a great mom....Weezle is committing to exercise with DH..(she says we can even go to Springfield to kick her beeehind! )
So much fer returns yesterday ... I tried to use my new hair straightner doo dad and it be broken.. so I need the receipt from DH...and I tried on these work out clothes he bought me--again too tight...AND WHAT THE HECK IS WITH putting stripes on the sides of pants???? Sure, I bet they are stunning if you have a purrrfect bod..but when you are FAT the lines on the hips become hugh semi circular then a broken line as it tucks under the fat between yer hips and thighs.UGH! not pretty, not pretty at all... so those gotta go back too .(hopefully this description curbs any desire you may have to overeat this morning girlies!).. I am s.l.o.w.l.y. crawling my way back to my towel after being shipwrecked fer the last month!

OK Time Fer Cawfee and Crossword Puzzles! Then on to the DAY!
So what's happenin' today on yer towels?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:42 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Good Grief, is it Wednesday already? I'm all out of kilter, time-wise.

Schatzi, thanks for catching me up!

to all the new chicks who've decided to join us here on the Beach!

Tammy, congrats on those size 14's!

Some good news might be headed my way. A.M., the sales rep for this other lab spoke to the doc I've been working with and he's anxious to get up and running on having another patient service center in his building, so her boss is going to talk the $$ with him (rent, cost of service, etc...) shouldn't be a problem and I have to call the guy who would be my immediate supervisor today and arrange for me to fill out paperwork, take my drug test, etc...

I'm thinking good thoughts that they'll be able to open by the end of next week or the first of the next week. A.M. said it wouldn't be a problem to get a float to come in and sub for me while I'm on my cruise.

Meanwhile, I'm STILL going to file for unemployment--JUST IN CASE. Because you never know... And I want to be paid for the time that I'm out of work. Our extremely tight budget doesn't allow for much wiggle room and even a week of no pay will hurt.

DD the Younger and SIL fly in tonight around 10:00. So today will be a busy day, prepping for their arrival. I've GOT to clean the fridge...stuff is starting to REACH for me when I open the door!

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jake woke me before 5 this morn asking me if I'd mind getting his coffee ready, he overslept and was running late. There was no sense in going back to bed after that, so I got laundry started and emptied the dishwasher. DS and DIL stayed for supper when they came to pick up Amber yesterday, and didn't leave til late, so I didn't get anything done last night.

Schatzi ~ I love the way you started us up today! It's funny, I always wondered why they put stripes on workout clothes too!

Elisabeth, K8EEE and Amy!

Today I'm concentrating on eating healthier and staying away from sugar Sweets have been my real downfall lately. I need to prepare myself for Phase 1. We don't have anything planned yet for New Year's so maybe there finally won't be any temptations around! :carrot

Well, I'm going to go fold a load of laundry before I leave for work. Be good!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Mamacita, I'm hoping everything works out OK for you! Have a wonderful time with your DD's!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #5  

Schatzi! Thanks for the recap. I haven't been on. I am not on the beach. I have on foot on and one foot in the water. Oh, well. I am making better choices than I was a week ago and I will return with phase 1 after the New Years party! I had a sick babe last night and didn't return to working out like planned. (He has pink eye. Other than that he is a living wrecking crew! LOL. I didn't want to risk exposure at the kid care at the gym.)

Hello to all the new members and WELCOME!

Oh, for Christmas I got some clothes from my MIL. I was pretty nervous at the sight of the size 12's and practically in tears when I realized they were a bit loose. (They are the stretch kind. They aren't supposed to be loose. I washed them in warm water and they now hug my bottom. LOL)

Well, I have to get as much done as I can b/c DH and I are switching places in a couple of hours. I will stop back in later!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #6  
Mom With a Plan

Default good morning

Well good morning all! Thanks for the welcomes! I am sick as a dog with an awful cold so I couldn't sleep all night which is what I needed most. I finally gave in at 5 am, got up and put away laundry, well at least that's all done. Cottagebythesea I guess we both got an early jump on things this morning!

Mamacita good luck on the job front. I hope it works out for you.

Anyone have any exciting plans for New Years? We're just hanging out at home, making a nice dinner together so we offerred to babysit my 3 nephews for the night so it'll be a bust household with 5 boys under 7. YIKES!

Today I am ready to stay OP even though I just want to curl up with some comfort food (as if that would make the cold go away! NOT!) Have a great day!

AmyB
Old 12-28-2005, 08:41 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's darn noisy in here with those four frassing calling birds hollering!

Schatzi, your wake-up posts certainly get us rolling - in the aisles!

Mamacita, I'm glad the job situation is looking positive. You are wise to apply for your insurance; after all, you've been paying into it for years!

Cottage, your time "off" sounded busy but fun. I would love to have an "Amber" visit me and will have to negotiate that with DIL. Sorry you have to go to work.

Djett, what a thrill to be in Size 12! I can understand your tears. Nobody was "perfect" over the holidays so we will all be asing back into Phase I this week.

AmyB, have some "legal" comfort food. Maybe pea or lentil soup or chili? I hope you ditch that cold before New Year's Eve. I'm going to a rather classy dinner party that night and sure will need to keep my goals in sight!

Welcome to all the new and re-tread Chickies! Please DO post in the daily where we sort of blab, whine and share good things.

Happy fourth day of Christmas, Chickies.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

Default Yuck

I woke up this morning with a bowling ball head and a queasy stomach. I couldn't face my eggs so I had string cheese, but it didn't help. A few minutes ago I gave in to the urge to go puke, and I actually do feel a lot better (head still hurts though).

The reason I am subjecting you ladies to the state of my yuckiness is that I am wondering if this is just a coincidence or a reaction to my first day on SBD?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:07 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies!! I was a little off schedule because I wanted to start Phase I yesterday, but woke up ill and ugly with a sore throat, so I waited until today. Mainly because the thought of preparing food wasn't working for me. However, today.... DH and I are officially back on the beach!!!

I suppose I should reintroduce myself since it's been forever since I was here. My name is Cj, I'm 39 (YIKES!!), married and mother of two. I work bfull time as a legal assistant, and I also go to school (online) to hopefully become a court reporter, and am the resident Avon lady here. I've struggled with SB in the past because it is a plan that requires much more planning than I'm used to...but I have made the decision to stick to it and just DEAL WITH IT!!! I'm famous for plan hopping.... (south beach, WW, sugarbusters, etc) and as soon as I " blow it" on one plan...I'm hoping to the next. Finally I realized it's not really the plan...it's ME. So I sat down with DH and decided SB was for me (us). I not only want to lose weight (unfortunately a LOT Of weight) but I want to be healthy, and this is the plan that will accomplish both. I can't have all the freedom of WW, or I will white carb myself to death.

I have taken the next three days off work, so I'm out until January 2, which gives me plenty of time to try some new recipes! I have no plans except to hang out with DD (9) and DS (17) if he is even around! He has been pretty lazy about working towards getting his driver's license since all his friends drive him everywhere....but in about an hour I'm taking him to test. I can't take it anymore! He can find a ride ANYWHERE except home from work at 11:00 p.m.....so I'm looking forward to not having to do THAT anymore!!

Good morning to all of you.... and I'm so looking forward to getting to know you all ... and sticking around here this time!!!!

Cj
Old 12-28-2005, 09:18 AM   #10  

Elisabeth, It could be or not..Some of us feel a little weak, headachy and generally out of sorts the first week on Phase 1.. but your experience is pretty intense for 1 day OP (on Plan).. hopefully you are not catching a cold or something. Did you eat enough yesterday? Did you cut out caffeine too?
Try getting something more down, maybe some cottage cheese with chopped tomato? Monitor how you are feeling today, ensure you drink yer water, and if it is just yer system getting use to PH1 stick with it...it will pass in a few days darlin'...
I'm sure our wise hens will offer you more good advice too!

Hi Mama!!!!!
Welcome back CJ!!!!!!

Djett: C that all yer exercising has paid off!!!! Keep it up to Keep it off Lovey!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Elizabeth, wait and see. It may be a passing bug. I actually threw up on Saturday - first time in years.

Welcome back, CJ. Would it help if we chained you to your chaise? Or sewed you into your Beach blanket. I can't count how many plans I've hopped through but this one just seems sensible and has certainly stabilized my blood sugar.

Nothing done so far so I'm outta here.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:42 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girlies! Man, all you early risers.... I'm pooped from staying up too late last night. Here's me:

Elisabeth, I can't speak for everyone, but everyone's body reacts differently to SBD. I will say that I don't think bowling ball head and puking is a common side effect. I might have had a little nausea, was tired, and I went through ketosis eventually, but I never yarfed from it. Sounds like you might have a touch of something, to me, but I'm no doctor.

I really pulled a Lisa last night. I decided to get together with my friends Luke and Misty to give them their Christmas presents. They came to get me since we were just going to the club we belong to, and Terry was going to meet us there when he got off work. I saw them pull up in the driveway, so I hurried around and grabbed my things, got out the door and pulled it shut behind me, and then saw that they had a present for us. I went "oh crap." I had left their presents inside, as well as my keys since Terry had his and I wouldn't need to carry mine. So, they came to me, and I still couldn't give them their presents because I locked them inside the house and locked myself out. Sigh. I told them it was all a scam. There were really no presents for them. I was just trying to get presents out of them.

Kickboxing was fun but I thought I was going to die halfway through. It was extra warm in there last night. And someone PLEASE tell me why if you were going to a kickboxing class, you would wear a hot pink midriff tank top with skinny straps and no bra. PLEASE TELL ME. It was the most disgusting thing I've seen in a long time. It wasn't like the girl didn't have much going on up top so she just was used to not wearing a bra. I'm thinking C-cup. Just nasty.

Well, I need to get back to work. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #13  

Good morning and welcome to all the new Beachers!

Schatzi - I love your posts. They are always so exciting to read. I'm with you on the exercise clothes. I find that I have to wear a larger size in them than I do regular clothes - especially the top. And stripes - Men just don't think!

Mama - good luck with the new job situation. That's smart to file for unemployment.

cottage - The sweets were what did me in this month too. Thank goodness phase 1 is dropping the weight off that I gained.

Djett - that is wonderful that you can wear a smaller size!

Amy - Try some of the Quick and Spicy Chicken Soup. I think the recipe is in the phase 1 soups but if not, let me know and I'll post it. I had it for lunch yesterday and I've brought it for lunch again today. I like spicy food when I have a cold but you could make it less spicy if your stomach is a bit upset. I've got no plans for New Year's which is just fine with me. Often we go to friends for New Years Eve but I had driving a half hour with all the drunks on the road.

Ruth - We've been invited to a 12th night party on January 7th. I haven't gone the last couple of years since I'm not crazy about the lady that runs it. I'm thinking of sending DH and Brian alone again this year because I'm sure I will cheat and I will still be on phase 1. I'll be in training all day and probably won't feel like the long drive to Ft. Worth. I'll have to see how I feel when it gets closer though.

Elizabeth - That sounds a bit of a strong reaction to be the South Beach "flu". When I did phase 1 the first time, I do remember a headache but my stomach was fine. Some people do have problems with the sudden increase in fiber and some have problems with constipation. I'd guess it was a virus. Stick with chicken soup or broth if your stomach can handle it. Lentil soup is also great but it just depends on what you are up to. Remember to get enough fluids though so you don't get dehydrated. SF popsicles would be good although it is a bit cold this time of year for them. If you really feel bad, go for a slice of dry whole wheat toast and some chicken broth. I know the toast isn't phase 1 but if it is a virus it is more important that you be able to keep food down. You can restart phase 1 in a day or two when you feel better. The good thing about the severe stomach viruses is they usually disappear pretty quickly.

cjane - Welcome back! Do you have the new cookbook? There are LOTS of great recipes in there for phase 1.

Me- I tried the Thai Beef and String Bean recipe from the new cookbook last night. DH and I both loved it and it was so easy to make!! I used my large George Foreman grill to cook the flank steak. I microwaved the fresh green beans. I also microwaved a pound of asparagus for added veggies. The sauce is chopped cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, and chili paste which sounds weird and tasted pretty strong but when I mixed all the cooked meat and veggies into it, the taste was great! That dish is coming back. Anything that cooks that quickly and tastes that good is great. And it is phase 1 too!

Phase 1 is definitely working for me. I've completed two days OP and have lost 3 pounds of the 7 that I had gained since November 1. Tonight I am trying two new recipes. Indian Tomato Soup as a starter followed by pork and roasted peppers and other veggies. I'm back in the office today and am well prepared with lots of OP food so I won't be tempted by the snack machine. I did make it to the gym yesterday. With the combination of beans and milk/yogurt, I have lots of energy.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Well, here's another re-tread draging her booty back to her towel (thanks for saving it for me, ladies ).
I have gained weight while I've been gone and am finally ready to really stick with it this time. I plan to start food-wise after the 1st and only light exercising. My real exercise plan will begin Jan 14, as I broke a rib last week and will be off of activity restrictions by then. I've updated my ticker to get me started but will not make any changes until I start my plan next month.

I plan to work with a mostly SB diet because I love the health factor of it but I am also doing the online Discovery Health Body Challenge that begins next month, too. It will be a way for me to track my exercise, food and weight week by week.

To all the new chicks! This is a great place to park your towel and the ladies are a wonderful source of support.
Let's make 2006 our best yet. We can do it
Old 12-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back, Sil. Dare I ask how you broke your rib? Were you having fun?
Closed Thread