South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default Need support!

Okay, I don't know how long it has been since I have been able to really truly stay on the beach. I do well for a few days, then I give in and eat way to much of some non plan item. For example, fudge. One of my student's mom made me a batch of fudge and it is sooo good. Well, instead of limiting myself to one piece a day, I eat 3 or 4. This is not just a Christmas time event. It is an every week event. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing and more than anything I want to get off 10 pounds to be at my goal weight. Exercise is very minimal. I walk the dog, or do a video here and there, but that is it. I had a gym membership, but didn't utilize it enough to convince my husband to renew it. Right now I am working on the purchase of a treadmill because I think I will do better if I can go downstairs and hop on. So, I guess tell me, what motivates you guys?? Tell me the hints because I just do not have the self control to keep myself on plan. I think I have become relaxed because I am okay with my weight right now, but I do want to see better. I think I will very much be going back to phase one after Christmas.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 PM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

Whatever motivates us probably won't help - you have to find what will motivate *you*. In my case, I'm less concerned with losing weight (although I certainly need to) than I am with being healthy. I figure once I'm eating healthfully, the weight loss will follow. But mostly I just want to eat healthfully for myself and to be a good example for DS.

Do you know why you go off plan? Is there something that triggers it, either physically or emotionally? How do you really feel about losing weight? Sometimes change scares people, even if it's for the better. Can you keep all non plan foods out of your house for now, until eating OP has become a habit?

Just some thoughts and ideas - I hope you find something that works for you!

Good luck!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amelie, here are two thoughts I have...hope they will help.

1. For me, one of the great motivators on SBD is no longer craving. When I'm not craving, I might look at something like fudge and wish I could eat it, but I don't have the intense, crazy longing and obsessive thoughts about it that I usually have. It takes getting off the sugar to get off the cravings (Phase 1) and it hurts to eat the sugar (headaches, dizziness, being really crabby)...so it's a great motivator not to start. What *I* need is motivation not to overeat on the things I can have after overindulging in SF food. But when I'm not craving, I don't do that either...it's mostly an emotional thing. Perhaps it's emotional for you? If so, journaling can help, joining OA can help (www.oa.org), and there are other things...so think abou that, too.

2. Sandi, our spotlight dieter, has this in her sig: "If you want to do it, you will find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse." 'Nuff said. We both know you can do this if you really want to.
Closed Thread