South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:52 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday 11/03 Beach Chat

Morning, Chicks~~

I wish I could say it was a good one. I have a sinus/hormonal headache from ****. Feels like someone's trying to pull my brain through my eye sockets.

Can't think of anything interesting to say, so I'll just get this posted and let you all run with it.

Have a great day on the Beach!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  

EWwwwwww Mamacita, ya can tell yer a writer... how descriptive! I actually felt pain reading that! Hope it goes away quickly and not through yer eyeballs darlin!

I'm having a "buddahesque" morning..both in how I feel and how I look..
Today I have to play domestic godess and after my chores I plan to needlepoint...
But FIRST CAWFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Latah my lovlies!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 AM   #3  

Aw Mamacita it must be going around, HUGS!

boom boom boom!!!
That is my head. Holy sinus ache batman. Started last night. Woke with it this morning. I will be taking drugs.
I have 8 kids ALL day then DS too after school. YIKES!! Our neighbour is coming at 2 to help. It is supposed to be nice out!!! good.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I CAN do this.
2. Weekly weight. 229
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level.
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks. breaky, lunch,snack, went to bed no supper, wrap with cheese and lettuce
6.# fruits, # of veg. 1 fruit, 2 veg-not enough!
7. How many glasses of water. 5
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed. wrap at 9, bed at 10
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions.- didn’t
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life.- no thoughts today
11. Any really good events or feelings today. - definitely,Rainbow hid under the spare room bed all day, I dug her out after the kids went to bed. I put her in the litter box she went immediately and then ate and then played with every speck on the floor and jumped sideways....I LOVE kittens. We let the rabbit out for a run at night, Clyde and the rabbit play and then snuggle but he kinda lays there and whacks her with a paw every so often. Rainbow had the rabbit doing serious laps around the house. It was hilarious. ALL 3 seem to be getting along. Watched Martha-apprentice. These people are supposed to be experienced business people. I could run circles around them. This show is right up my alley.Ejoyable. I felt really crappy in the morning. You gotta love a job where you can lock the doors, put on the Doodlebops and go soak in the tub. lol. That helped a bit. I did get the Avon sorted ,bagged and bills written. DD was still home.I lost steam by 6 pm and took a nap. At 7 DS came with me to deliver Avon and stuff mailboxes. He had been in a great space the last week. It is a glimmer of how great he can be without all the anxiety. He declined playing goal for hockey this year cause the coach said that they needed to choose their position for the whole year. Sept in not a good month for him, he panicked and wouldn’t do it. Another boy wanted to try. He is not good and doesn’t like it. The other parents went to the coach and requested DS be asked to play net. It was quite an hoour for my boy. He LOVES playing goal and in a way 2 months as forward had shown him just how much. He will play net on Sat on his bday with all the grandfolks there. Pretty exciting!!

12. Overall, how did the day go. okay considering I am sick.
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. dont sneak chips from ther kids.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ooh, Mamacita and Hollyhock, hope you're both feeling better soon! Good morning, Schatzi, I just love to read your postings!
Whew! Yesterday was a busy one! I was out of the house by 6:15 to go to Curves, then pick up the girls and take them to school, back to their house to get some cleaning done, pick the girls up again, feed them lunch, then naptime for the little one and some one-on-one time for the 4 yr. old, then had to get both of them off to play dates, then back to their house for supper and get the older one ready for her swim lesson at the "Y". I got to come home after that, but, oh, no, my day wasn't over yet - I still had to make supper for Jake and I and fold laundry! So I had no time to get in here and post, but the good part is that I'm starting to lose some pounds again, hooray! I put in a long day yesterday, so I have this morning off, thank goodness. I've been to Curves already, then stopped in to have coffee with my mother and wish her a Happy Birthday. After I eat breakfast I'm just going to take it easy and read for a while, and contemplate what to have for supper tonight. Have a good day, everyone!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hollyhock! Sneaking chips, eh? I must confess I ate two small bags of Doritos last night. The Girls were quite disappointed in me. Your zoo sounds like fun. I hope you feel better as the day progresses.

Mamacita, that is such an apt description of your sinus headache! You could get a job writing for my doctor who really has trouble getting people to describe their ailments! He likes my "razor blades in my bra" description of bronchial pain. I hope things get back to normal fast.

Schatzi, whatcha needlepointing? I have a "Captive Unicorn" picture that I should send to you to finish! I've only had it for ten years! There should be an exchange for half-finished projects.

The recycle stuff is out to the curb and I am going to soak in the tub and contemplate the next month. The Country Christmas Meeting last night was horribly disorganized! Somehow I've ended up with some extra jobs from folks who have just not come through! The problem with volunteers is that you can't criticize them on their performance reviews! And then there is "Spirit", Mary's donkey, who refuses to cross the bridge in town. Too funny! To move him from the Inn to the stable, he'll need to be loaded back into the truck and driven over the bridge! Artistic temprament!

Never mind! It'll all come together. Life has lots of good bits. As I came home from visiting Harry yesterday afternoon, there was an incredible sunset over Big Rideau Lake. I drove back to Delta the long way just to be able to enjoy the 20 minutes of spectacular purple, pink and gold. I love where I live - most of the time.

My bath awaits. The recycle is out at the road and the kitchen is tidy. I have no "shoulds" until my meditation class at 6:30 and that is just enjoyable.

What's happening in your neck of the Beach?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies!

Ouch... Mamacita and Hollyhock! I hope you feel better soon!

Schatzi- I feel the same way today. But, I earned it with my poor eating habits lately.

I am feeling pretty good this morning. I need to get my butt in bed earlier in the evenings so I can get up earlier in the mornings. I need to be able to prepare my breakfast at home. I thought the time change would help, but it hasn't.

I have found there are some definite pros and cons to having a coworker start SBD. Now, I don't know if that is my sf jello, cheesesticks and laughing cow cheese in the fridge anymore. Yes, I know it would be easy if I would just label it. But, before... I knew who's it was. I can't keep my mouth shut when I look at what she is eating and I find something off program. I feel the immediate need to say "That's illegal" I know in the end that she appreciates the education. But, she didn't ask for it! On the lighter note I got some great SF pudding b/c I told her she couldn't have it on phase 1. I teased her and said, "What else do you have in there?" LOL But, this morning while running late and hungry I came upon my co worker fixing her on program breakfast, a ham and cheese omelette. A simple "I want one!" and I am set for an on program breakfast myself. I plan to share some lunches with her after I finally make it to the grocery store. It's nice to share! (Now, if someone would help me teach my 3 year old that!)

Well, gotta get some work done!! I hope everyone has a sunny on program day!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #7  

Miss Ruthie~ enjoy your should-less day!!!!!!
Cottage- your life sounds a bit like mine. Good for you for working in curves!!!!!
Schatzi- cawfeeeeeeeeee= the elixor of life!!!!!!

My list today is looking like:
-DS on bus - scramble an egg for me, drink water-get photo directory proofs in the mail-call Avon order customers- feed kids snack- toss them outsode- put away summer toys- rake leaves- kid jump- make lunch- put toddlers down for nap-make my lunch,watch AMC,lay down on couch-tidy, tidy, tidy-put away halloween decoration- make a spectacular supper........
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning girls..I have a very busy day today, but wanted to stop in and say hi...and stay on your towels today!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:19 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, Mamacita, that was descriptive! Have you taken a hot shower yet? That usually helps me when my sinuses are bad. I hope you feel much better very soon!!!

Hey, Hollyhock! How did I miss that you have a rabbit??? We have two houserabbits and love watching them run laps and play and binky. I'd love to see a picture of Rainbow! Sorry about your sinus pain! I hope that it gets better very soon! Borrowing an Ellis expression here...what the hoodle-doo is a 'doodlebop'???

Me:
Had a stressful day yesterday. Hoping today will be a little more calm. I'm going to see our couples' therapist...that's always tough. Then I have some errands to run. Hope to clean the house a little today (love that 'playing domestic goddess' description, Schatzi! ) and then go off to Jazzercise before dinner.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:25 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!!!
Lots of chatting in here this morning!!
I'm back on Phase I....need to get focused!! This will actually be day 2 of phase I.
I have to go to the grocery store...DBF went, but he sometimes forgets things =)
Then I must exercise & go to work....I am suppose to work with my boss today....$5.00 says she calls in because "I can handle it." I can handle it, but I could handle it a lot better with a raise!
Schazti & kyemom - hello ladies!!
Holly & mamacita - feel better soon...a warm wash cloth over the eyes helps me!
Ruth - Enjoy your bath & day!! Loved the donkey story!
Djett - have the same problem, I like to stay up & then I don't wanna get up!!
Have a great OP day...off to the grocery!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

G-morning Laurie...we posted at the same time!!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' ya'll

mamcita & hollyhock-hope you feel better
djett-I know how ya feel about the co worker & sbd, anything I eat there are women lurking around the corner to see what I have for the day. They have not committed to sbd they just want to know more and spy on me!! Makes ya bit self conscience.

When I read about everyone's day, I feel like I don't do anything but go to work. You all have such active days. Me, I get up, go to work, come home make dinner, do housework and go to bed! that's it. My DH works 3rd shift so I may get lucky and see him about an hour in the evening, my DS works 2nd shift & I can at times catch him in the morning if he gets up to talk to his girlfriend. I need to find a hobby! But all in all my life is good, I can't complain cause I do enjoy it.

I made taco soup last night for dinner and it was wonderful, had cheese quesedillas on the side. Very yummy on a cool night!!

I better do some actual work, I hope everybody has a great day!!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hey girlies ! Sorry about not being around for the daily chats lately. I try to check in every day but lately have been kinda down and have not been focused enough in my thoughts to post much. AF and pms are over and I am basically on track so I am hoping things will improve moodwise for me. I was able to drop a couple a pounds last week so that right there is a positive step. I have also had a much decreased appetite this week so with an increase in activity I should see some further loss.

I have tried to remain focused since starting a few months ago. I keep my health goals in mind (lowered blood pressure, decreased depression, higher self esteem, etc) and I look at the positive influence on my kids eating habits that my dh and I are giving them. Last week my husbands boss lost his wife in a tragic accident. It really hit home with me and touched me in a very deep way. It has made me more determined to succeed and live each day to the fullest. No day here is guaranteed and I need to make the most of each one for me and my family. I know a million little things happen every day around us all that should give us this life lesson but sometimes it takes a big event to hit things home to the heart. This accident hit me in the heart and I would be so stupid to not take important lessons from it. Although I did not really know the woman that passed (we had only met a couple of times and only spoke maybe once or twice in all), I have been touched by her and by her family's loss.

Sorry to go on and babble. I mis ya'll and I will work harder at being around. You all have given me so much and I really appreciate it! Hugs-n-love to everyone!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #14  

Beach Gal~LOL, Doodlebops is a kids show, lots of music and dancing .It is hypnotic. They are my best friends these days LOL! It may be Canadian, not sure. I love my bunny. She is a Russian Dwarf named Cotton, 5 years old.BTW the way I happened to notice your ticker yesterday.I bow to the weight loss goddess.

Much raking and swing pushing and drugs has eased the head pain!!

HI!!!! Ladies!!!!
mmmm Taco soup. Is it a SB recipe.I will have to go searching.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:14 AM   #15  

Tammy- That's funny! My coworker's name is Tammy. Yes, she checked out my food before she committed. I would often give her a taste too. But, I watched hers when she was on weight watchers. I am thrilled that she decided to give it a try. I am grateful that she liked seeing the results on me and thought it might work for her! I like to think I was a good example. Maybe just watching you will give your coworkers inspiration to make a positive change in their habits. It's nice to have someone else on the plan. She may try recipes that I won't and she can share that information with me. I turned her on to this site. Even though she hasn't joined the chats she is enjoying the information and recipes.
Closed Thread