South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #1  

Default is this really healthy?

i have been reading about SBD on here and know i need to change how i eat. i eat way too many carbs. but how can any diet that restricts FRUITS for any amount of time be ok????
Old 11-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #2  
Kyemom

It is just a detox time. It is a time to rid your body of all of the sugar so that the cravings stop. It is only 2 weeks, and you are still eating veggies and some carbs. It is a very healthy way of eating. Try it...you will love it!!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #3  
it's always something

I don't think I ever appreciated a simple strawberry more than I did when I finished my two week Phase 1, lol. That was the first thing I added back into my diet.

But you don't even have to do Phase 1, you can start with Phase 2 if you feel more comfortable. Phase 2 by itself is a very balanced program and is usually easy to stick to.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #4  

I hear ya on strawberries that is the first thing I have added! Yes I think it's healthy. The first post is right it's a detox period. SB is mostly about your sugar levels, don't forget that many veggies have natural sugars in them as well! because you do need fruit though that is why its adviced to only do phase one for a short while! Because they it does become unhealthy but for two weeks you will be fine.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #5  

I hear ya Chicks ; Strawberries were my first phase 2 carb.. ! Amanda, if you get a chance, read the book..it explains pretty well between "bad carbs" and "good "... the "bad and "good" has to do with how that food affects your insulin levels based on their glycemic values. Fruits are considered good carbs- but for phase 1 while you are trying to readjust your body and Glycemic levels , they do cause "spiking" sooo, they are not considered for that 2 week period.. after that, ENJOY! This diet is by far the most healthful, wholesome I've found... and I don't get cravings nor really hungry..and my moods are stable and my sleeping is better...
Closed Thread