South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default SB Friendly Fast-Food?

I've restarted Phase I and I was wondering what some other Beachers do when they can't cook. Recently, I picked up the menu from Pick Up Stix and it looks like the Low Carb Ginger Almond Chicken might be Phase I friendly.

Anyone else have a favorite fast food menu item?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #2  

My husband goes to Subway and grabs a salad
Old 11-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Goddess Jessica, (GREAT picture in your avatar, btw...you look wonderful! ),

I avoid fast food like the plague in Phase 1, especially if it's your very first one before starting SBD (or restarting). Sugar hides in the weirdest places and it's very, very hard to avoid it at fast food restaurants or even regular restaurants. If I were you and honestly couldn't find any way to make something at home to take with, I'd go to a salad bar and avoid anything that might have sugar. I'd get meat on my own (chicken breast, even the grilled kind, often has sugar...all of the chicken breast at the fast food places has it)...maybe from the deli at a grocery store if you can't get it any other way...and only eat things I know won't have sugar or that have labels so I can read the actual ingredients. In P2 you can be far more careless, but to do a good P1 at the beginning is so important so I wouldn't mess with it. At Subway, watch for what's in the meat. For instance, you can do tuna--they just mix it with mayo. As long as they didn't use something like Miracle Whip, it should be fine. Just be careful, okay? You don't want to jeapordize all your hard work!

Maybe you can make a taco bake and cook it in the microwave (so it's faster)? You could eat off of that for days!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #4  

Smile fast food :o

ya know.. this is probably a hidden blessing for me, but i've been on the sbd for about 4 months now and i don't even miss fast food!! i don't even miss fries. if i have to get food while i'm out, i always try getting a salad or a wrap. i do miss chocolate though. lol :\
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SBD Friendly Fast Food is an oxymoron, IMHO! BEachgal is right. It may look OK but....
Old 11-02-2005, 09:22 AM   #6  

There is a Fast Food guide posted in the FAQ section. But I would really avoid it during phase 1 if at all possible and try to eat out only occasionally in phase 2. When I do eat out, I usually go for Wendy's Chili and a side salad. The chili isn't perfect but at least they do post the ingredients on their web site.
Closed Thread