South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:01 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Top 'o the Thursday Mornin' To Ya!

Oh, my, chickies, it's been a while, hasn't it! I flew in very late Monday night (actually Tues. morning) due to several delays in my flight. I took a very brief nap (like 30 mins.) and was up to drive DH to the airport an hour away for his business trip flight that left at 5:30 a.m. We got there at 3:30 and the airport wasn't even open yet! I was SO tired and I caught a cold on my last day at home. Still, after I dropped him off I ran a bunch of errands...it's isn't often that I get up that far north and I had a ton of things I wanted to do.

Crashed as soon as I could after I got home and didn't wake up until 11 a.m. today. I took care of the animals, took my pills, drank water, and headed back to bed until about 3 today. Then got up, made chicken soup from scratch (had the broth and chicken in the freezer) with WW homemade noodles (yum! ) and a pie with a WW ready-made crust I found at a co-op in the town. I'm heading up there in a couple hours to pick DH up. Then maybe I'll get some more sleep!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Just one more day to Friday...
Old 10-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, SleepyChicks. Beachgal, that does not include you since you have to drive! Be safe!

We are in for another cold, dreary and drizzly day and this crud is supposed to hang around well into next week, alas! Still no killing frost - very unusual to still have flowers and veggies so late into October. We have a major mushroom crop behind the barn. I've been eating puffballs as one of my veggies. Mum used to dip them in egg, then flour and then fry them in butter but I've been grilling them with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Yummy!

This morning I go to get the results of my cholesterol tests. Wish me luck. I also need to pop into the dealer with the car to have one little thing fixed and then pick up a Sears order - nothing really exciting.

What's on your Beach Towel plan today?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:55 AM   #3  

Good morning!!
We are getting some of the rain others have had. I was supposed to have 7 kids today but 2 are staying home. Dad's a farmer. I am happy about the lighter load.
I accomplished a great deal yesterday.Cleaning, banking,cooking, freezing, gathering of Avon Christmas stock, good conversation with DS's teacher AND the biggie!!~ the paret handbook for ur school I have been writing and edting since last Feb had gone to print!!!!!!!!!
If anyone is interested I could email it. It is a meaty tome.LOL!

Now onto food. I was HUNGRY all day. I ended up eating home mini pizza last night. It was darn good.
My weight IS down to 229.75 after the weekend blip.Be nice if it was 199.....
1 project down! now I need to focus on me a little.
HUGS!!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies,

Ugh! It's that TOM and I carbed out last night. I was so blah. I was tickled to see my favorite Everybody Loves Raymond episode about Debra's PMS. I enjoyed a night on the couch, but I have got to get out of this cycle.

I have tried to eat my egg beaters for the past 3 days and can't stomach them. So, today I am trying some oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon. I didn't go to the gym last night, but know I need to get back in there. The longer I am gone the more I have to start at the beginning again. Well I hear my oatmeal calling.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

beachgal: Welcome back! Chill out today and take it easy so you can catch up on rest. Travelling can be so draining.

ruth: That fungus page was too cool. Are they good to eat when they get that big? I'm not near comfortable enough to eat a wild mushroom yet. Besides, most that I see in my woods are known to be poisonous. But they are beautiful. We get this one called the Death Angel, it's huge...about a foot tall, pure snow white, and they pop up all over the place. It's like being in a little fairy tale land when there's hundreds of them all over the place. Hmm...I think I'll use that pic for my next avatar.

Holyhock: Your kitty is adorable!! I love longhaired kitties! What's his/her name? I have a pure white one who looks like a 100% Turkish Angora. Some clients at a vet clinic I worked at 7 years ago brought him in as a stray kitten so I'm not sure but he does look and even act exactly like the cat books describe an Angora. His name is Zazu! From the lion king!

djett: Hi! It's TOM for me too but should be over in a few days! Can't wait!! I get sick of eggs sometimes that just the thought of them makes me puke. This morning I had a Turkey Stack from the new cookbook. It had an interesting flavor and was a nice change from eggs. It's just a homemade turkey sausage patty on top of a big slice of a beefstake tomato w/ melted cheese. Easy and quick!

Well, I got on the scale and am holding at my ticker weight. My fingers and stomach are bloated so maybe once TOM is over I'll move down a pound or two! Hopefully!! I ordered car seat covers off the internet...grey Hawaiian pattern in homage to my homeland . I wasn't here to get them yesterday so I have to go pick them up. I hate UPS, why can't they just leave the stuff on the porch?? It's a pain to always be missing packages all the time. Tomorrow I go camping w/ my friends!! Yay!! Well, they are staying a cabin and I am pitching my tent outside in the yard. It's brand new and I'm itching to break it in! So I'm packing up the car, grabbin' the dog and headed to the woods....new woods that I don't have to work in ! How's everyone else doing today??
Old 10-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Hello

How's everyone this AM? I'm at work and waiting for my patient to go home. If you want to know how I feel you can see the last of the daily post on Wednesday's chat...............grrrr TOM is worse today. Is it getting worse because I'm so old?

beachgal, sounds like you were on a dead run the whole time...goodness....take some of that chicken soup and go to bed.

Ruth, good luck with the cholesterol test, hope you stay nice and toasty in the midst of your cold drizzle.

hollyhock, wow and authoress! cool. Glad you only have 5 kids today....you're my hero for even babysitting....I tried it once years ago....not my forte....let me stick needles into people.

djett....honey I feel your pain. (refer to my post on Wednesday) yup carbed out....I can relate.

pearshape, sounds like a camping trip is just what the doctor ordered. Have a blast!

Well, off to send my little patient home. Everyone take care and have a great day on the beach!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #7  
Kyemom

OMG those mushrooms are huge...Pear- I live in VA. DO we have any cool shrooms here that you know of??? How interesting!!
Rn & DJETT- I am so sorry you feel like poop!!
Laurie- Glad u are back...you have been missed.
holly-hi
Me- Down another pound today....but I have been starving for 2 days. We went out to a new restarant...It was aweful...What a waste of money...Plus I had left chicken out for dinner, but DH wanted to go out....should have just stayed home & made chicken!! DS has football again tonight...we got rained out on Tuesday!! I have to write my paper today, or at least get a big chunk of it done. It is due by Midnight on Sunday!!! Have a great day girls!!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #8  

Good morning, everyone! I'm hoping things stay quiet today. My team lead worked most of the night so I imagine I am on my own this morning. We've been having gorgeous fall weather with highs in the 80's. Beautiful!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:31 AM   #9  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Barb0522, It is SO encouraging to me to see your little ticker so close to goal. Wonderful to see that it is possible to lose so much weight. All of you ladies who have stuck with this, you are an inspiration to me!

Still sniffling...sigh! I lost 1/2 a pound this week which is great, considering I have no exactly been OP. Hate trying to eat well when I am sick and don't really feel like eating. I haven't eaten badly, just strangely for the most part. I plan to step it up in this next week--maybe working out would help run this cold off. And lots of Vitamin C!!!

Boss is out of work yesterday, today, and tomorrow, which is kinda nice. Quiet at least, although I have NOTHING to do. I have gotten 1 call in the last 30 minutes that we've been on the phone. SIGH! Today will be another day of reading my book here. I have been thinking about writing a lot lately. A couple years back, I had a dream that I thought would make a great book...probably young adult/children's book. I have all this time at work with nothing to do, I should work on that!!!

Have a blessed and wonderful day.
Love,
Jessie
Old 10-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I'm not feeling well today, hope I didn't get what schatzi has.Can you catch anything over the cyperspace.My whole body is hurting,don't know what it is. So I going to make this quick.

Schatzi- SENDING YOU SPECIAL GET WELL WISHES I really miss you and your posts.

Will post later when I feeling better Hugs BB
Old 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM   #11  

The kitty is Clyde he is almost 17. His sister Bonnie died of cancer 2 years ago.Bonnie& Clyde, my gangsters.
They were my family and best friends long before DH and kids came along. Clyde totally dissed me when DH moved in. They are soul mates. kinda funny. They sleep all snuggled, nose to nose every night. Heaven forbid if i try to get between them.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:02 AM   #12  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hollyhock you made me jealous with your furbaby so I had to add mine. He is my Chester boy.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Good morning!!!
Holly - I understand being dumped by your cat....my cat, Thunder did the same thing. He follows my dbf around all the time. 2 nights ago, my dbf was teasing me & I smacked his leg....the cat came after me!!
Ruth - When I was little those puffballs would grow in our yard & dad would tell us that people ate those...never believed him until recently. I saw them in the grocery store...and now you eat them....what do they taste like? A mushroom?
BB - Feel better soon!
djett - I'm PMSing too & dbf bought halloween candy because it was on sale -tempting, but I haven't had any.
Kye - great job being 1 lbs down!!
Jessi & Barb & RNmom- hello!!
Beach gal - get some sleep!!
Me - I'm working late today - grr! I have some exercising to do & I have to finish painting my nails....I have 1 hand done & the other is not so I can type. Have a great OP day!!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #14  
Heather

Good morning. I went on my run this morning- was very cold- but I wear layers, and so the sweat didnt make me colder. I was nervous because I still havent got any more pepper spray, and I was out of gum, it helps to keep my mouth wet, easier to jog. Anyway, did 2 miles, and I feel really good today!
Im glad everyone is doing well, sorry to hear of the "ick" that is going around, and everyone has TOM visiting I really dislike him.
Still doing good on phase one, ran out of food last night, we ate the last of the chicken, and I dont get paid until tomorrow. So I might have to eat the top off of pizza for dinner tonight. I am almost done with phase one, wonder if I can get a very thin crusted pizza, maybe see if they have whole wheat crust? Yeah, I know I am dreaming LOL I am going to keep doing phase one for another week though, so I think a piece of pizza wont mess me up too bad. Then we hit costco tomorrow after work, and the freezer will be full of yummies that I am allowed to eat once again!
Hope you all that are feeling icky feel better soon!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Beachgal--get rest and feel better!
Ruth--hope the test goes ok for you w/ good news
Holly--Clyde is gorgeous, I have 3 cats-- a 15 lb calico (patches) and 2 himalayan babies I rescued named Jack & Diane, I call Diane- Lil'Bit cause she only weighs 5lbs.
Djett--I can't stand eating egg beaters either, oatmeal sounds pretty good actually
Pear--have fun camping that sounds fun
Rnmom&kyemom--HI
Jessie--Chester is so sweet looking, I just want to rub his head

Everything is going pretty good here, our company from Canada shows up tonight. We are going to have a busy weekend. Also, my favorite craft show is Saturday, so Mom & I are going to spend the day there while the guys are out shooting their guns.

Ya'll have a great day!!!!!
Closed Thread